HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zuccarello

Old
05-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
thats my point,why bother even putting him into the lineup?people here want to thrust him right back into the lineup and hope he produces playing in a bottom 6 role.and thats just foolish
If you think he can produce on the PP, I think it makes sense. I'm not sure he's a difference maker there at this point.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

vCash: 400
Quote:
so you're going to play him 8 minutes a game with 2 4th line grinders.brilliant,that will certainly improve our offense.

now i see why so many people blast some Ranger fans
You play him on the third line. You'd really rather see Mitchell or Rupp or Prust in the lineup on a nightly basis? None of them have any scoring ability whatsoever. Pretty sure the objective of each game is to score more goals than the opponent. We aren't going to do that consistently enough with the current lineup.

Dubinsky-Anisimov-Zucc is a fantastic third line.

But hey, stay the course, I'm sure Rupp's work along the boards will lead to more goals next game, right?

Krams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Rangers4Life74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
If you think he can produce on the PP, I think it makes sense. I'm not sure he's a difference maker there at this point.
our pp isnt the problem,even strength scoring is,and i dont see him helping there any

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
lets play a guy whos been out for the past 7 weeks in a grinding,physical series because he can give us 2 minutes of PP time!
NYR have been grinding, NJD have not, they have been playing hockey.
Thats sort of the problem.

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
You play him on the third line. You'd really rather see Mitchell or Rupp or Prust in the lineup on a nightly basis? None of them have any scoring ability whatsoever. Pretty sure the objective of each game is to score more goals than the opponent. We aren't going to do that consistently enough with the current lineup.

Dubinsky-Anisimov-Zucc is a fantastic third line.

But hey, stay the course, I'm sure Rupp's work along the boards will lead to more goals next game, right?
Maybe they should play 4 forwards at even strength, that should get more goals.

Old
05-22-2012, 05:25 PM
SA16
Two by two...

Quote:
Zuccarello's ES point production was lower than Bickel's this year. I sincerely doubt he plays on anything but the 4th line at even strength.
I never knew that 10 games was a reasonable sample size to assess a players points per game and other such numbers.

SA16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

Quote:
Maybe they should play 4 forwards at even strength, that should get more goals.
Not sure if serious...or if you're being sarcastic.

Obviously you try to maximize our level of offensive output while not sacrificing too much on defense. It's a delicate balance. Think of it as a Laffer curve for hockey. Right now we're far too focused on a defensive, grinding mindset with this lineup. Not that defense and grinding is bad, but you can't sacrifice too much offense at the same time, otherwise we won't score. And I think we've seen that pretty consistently this series.

I think Zuccarello is a perfect addition. He's small, but he's speedy and has good hands and a good shot. Torts should welcome him with open arms and put him on the 3rd line.

Old
05-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
This teams offence is in the gutter. I dont see any problem trying to spark it by adding Zucc on the expence of lets say Rupp or Mitchell.
Small yes, but he is no push over. He gets in the dirty areas, he can shoot (anyone remember his slapper of the face off?), he is probably among the best 3 passers on this team, and he backchecks hard.

We can sit back and watch ourselves being outplayed by NJD while doing the same old, or we can try to counter it by adjusting.
I dont know about you, but to me going down knowing that we tried to adjust sure sounds better than sticking with the same old bs defencive attitude and the digging for the puck in the corners all game long. That is if we can even get in the offencive zone....

Last edited by Hellion: 05-22-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:37 PM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
This teams offence is in the gutter. I dont see any problem trying to spark it by adding Zucc on the expence of lets say Rupp or Mitchell.
Small yes, but he is no push over. He gets in the dirty areas, he can shoot (anyone remember his slapper of the face off?), he is probably among the best 3 passers on this team, and he backchecks hard.
Yup. Wicked shot

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:38 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
Not sure if serious...or if you're being sarcastic.

Obviously you try to maximize our level of offensive output while not sacrificing too much on defense. It's a delicate balance. Think of it as a Laffer curve for hockey. Right now we're far too focused on a defensive, grinding mindset with this lineup. Not that defense and grinding is bad, but you can't sacrifice too much offense at the same time, otherwise we won't score. And I think we've seen that pretty consistently this series.

I think Zuccarello is a perfect addition. He's small, but he's speedy and has good hands and a good shot. Torts should welcome him with open arms and put him on the 3rd line.
Yeah, I was being sarcastic. You're trying to invent new Coke. The way they've been playing has gotten them 1st place in the East and 2 wins of the SCF.

Also, he's not speedy. You must be thinking of someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
I never knew that 10 games was a reasonable sample size to assess a players points per game and other such numbers.
Fair point. The fact is though, if Tortorella was in love with his ES play this season, he would have gotten more than 70 minutes of it.

Old
05-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

Quote:
Yeah, I was being sarcastic. You're trying to invent new Coke. The way they've been playing has gotten them 1st place in the East and 2 wins of the SCF.

Also, he's not speedy. You must be thinking of someone else.
Playing during the regular season where you face a new team almost every other night is different than playing in a seven game series against the same team, night in and night out. Teams make adjustments. What works against one team (or even the majority of the league) might not work against another. The Devils are a perfect example.

Dump and chase does not work when you have a goalie who can handle the puck with such precision and ease. Even when we retrieve the puck, the Devils' defense has been forechecking very aggressively and we aren't able to develop anything. We need more offensive creativity up front. Not Rupp, nor Mitchell, nor Prust can supply that. Even though we have two wins in this series, I think it's pretty clear we've been outplayed. The need for more offense is clear and should be undisputed.

As for Zucc's speed...maybe speedy was the wrong word. He's small and agile. He's able to turn away from a Devils defender and create open ice much more efficiently than, say, Rupp, who has the turning radius of an 18-wheeler.

Old
05-22-2012, 09:38 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Zuccarello turned into a superstar, i didn't know he was that good.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 11:00 PM
NickyFotiu

Zooks doesnt have to be a superstar. Helping the team score 1-2 goals can mean the difference in such a low scoring series. It really doesnt matter what Zooks does for the people that did not even want him called up. If he was not injured he would have kept playing. He was making a difference in the 6 games (he barely played in a 7th) since he was called up.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 11:56 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

At this point it couldn't hurt.

We need more creativity in the offensive zone.

We have to score first Wednesday night.

Insert Dubinsky and Zuccarello.

Scratch Rupp and Bickel/Eminger.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 12:07 AM
trilobyte

I really would love to see him out there, if he is truly ready.

Rupp scored a sour note for me when he said that stuff about getting their swagger back. Sorry, gooning a goalie at the end of one of a horrendously played game is not swagger.
Scoring is swagger.

Sit Rupp, keep Mitchell. And play Zuccarello if he is ready. That would be cool.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 02:31 AM
TigerJack

-Zuccarello could be back

Seems like Zuke is close to being back in the roster. Amazing... Did not expect this at all. Interesting if Torts bring him in....

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:38 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
thats my point,why bother even putting him into the lineup?people here want to thrust him right back into the lineup and hope he produces playing in a bottom 6 role.and thats just foolish
Hey. That was exately my thoughts too,before his last 7 games stint before he got injured.
To my big surpise he was an offensive threat from the fourth line,and he forced Tortorella to give him more ES time-His two first games he had two helpers from 4ish minutes of TOI in game one and 7.49 TOI in game two-Playing with Rupp and Mithell.
After that Torts seems to trust him more and more,wich gave him one goal vs The Avs in 17 shifts and 14.32 TOI.
His ES time was with Rupp and Mitchell,and was rewarded with the third star of the game.
Next game he gave us a PPG vs New Jersey devils in 16 shifts and 13.37 TOI.Torts let him play third line ES minutes with Boyle and Mitchell,and even here he was rewarded with the third star of the game
Game after that he gained no points against Red Wings,playing 16 shifts and 14.32 og TOI again. And again on the third line with AA and Boyle.
His last game this year against The Sabres,he only got 3 shifts in 2.09 TOI,because he broke his wrist.
He was supposed to play on third line with AA and Boyle this game to. So as you can see,he doesn`need to be in top 6 to be effective,but of course he is best suited for a top 6 role.
I for one remember all the praise he got for the last four,five games here on these boards,from twitter,New York Newspapers and from Torts himselfe.

But all that written, I hope they rest him the rest of this year,so that wrist of his,doesn`t get slashed in to pieces and ruin his carrier.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 09:51 AM
nasmis

Being a Norwegian Zuccarello fan I'm eagerly anticipating his return on the team.

Still, I'm wondering why everyone calls for Torts to sit Mitchell. Hasn't he been doing pretty well against NJD.

nasmis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:03 AM
NYRKindms

Dubi and Zucca both on the ice early for todays practice.

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord

Both Dubinsky and Zuccarello on ice early for Rangers morning optional.

NYRKindms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasmis View Post
Being a Norwegian Zuccarello fan I'm eagerly anticipating his return on the team.

Still, I'm wondering why everyone calls for Torts to sit Mitchell. Hasn't he been doing pretty well against NJD.
mitchell doesn't excell any anything.
feds brings a fairly strong forecheck/behind the net+boards/defensive game. AND experience. (2 rings)
rupp is our biggest fighter on the team. he might not fight often, but he also deters other guys from being stupid. he's also played his best hockey of the year in game 4. (okay wc was good too)
dubi is better on the forecheck and defensive game. his board work is amazing.
zucc brings offense, creativity, and works his ass off.

it's not about mitchell. it's about everybody else. mitchell may not be terrible, but he's not great in any specific area and that is what we need.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Zipay also says that Newbury is on the ice during morning skate.

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

On Friday, we should play Zuccs, Mitchell and Eminger and scratch Rupp, Hagelin and Bickel

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:33 PM
lundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Brichards View Post
On Friday, we should play Zuccs, Mitchell and Eminger and scratch Rupp, Hagelin and Bickel
Absolutely not. Do not scratch Hagelin. He hasn't scored, but he's looked dangerous around the net when Brodeur has looked shaky. You don't just bench one of your best offensive players when your team is sorely lacking offensive weapons. I'd love Zuccs for Rupp, but there's no chance they just put Zucc in for him and sacrifice grit. I'd expect the lineup to the same.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
Absolutely not. Do not scratch Hagelin. He hasn't scored, but he's looked dangerous around the net when Brodeur has looked shaky. You don't just bench one of your best offensive players when your team is sorely lacking offensive weapons. I'd love Zuccs for Rupp, but there's no chance they just put Zucc in for him and sacrifice grit. I'd expect the lineup to the same.
Hagelin has done absolutely zilch since returning from the suspension. Hagelin is not an offensive weapon.

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:38 PM
evilllempire*

Send a message via AIM to evilllempire*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Brichards View Post
Hagelin has done absolutely zilch since returning from the suspension. Hagelin is not an offensive weapon.
no...but he adds a Dimension that we need on this team that only Hags, Kreider, and Prust can provide to some extent

I'd sit Rupp and add Zuccarelo.....and you HAVE TO SIT TOOL BICKEL already. Emmi in for Tool Bickel please. Enough is Enough........

evilllempire* is offline   Reply With Quote