HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Game 5

Old
05-23-2012, 10:33 PM
nyrfan519

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
Lose this series and Torts is going to be on a hotseat next year.
Yeah, after getting this team an unexpected 1st-place finish and all the way to the ECF for the first time in 15 years. Yeah, let's get rid of this guy.

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:34 PM
NYRangers1388

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
At the end of the day, we can say it was 0-0 at the beginning of the 3rd if you want. Rangers had all of the momentum and then just went completely flat. They were outplayed for most of the third. They had a chance to take the series lead and they blew it.

Now, it's on to game 6. Either we win and go back to MSG or we lose and watch the Devils in the finals.
2nd option sounds awful. Think I probably don't do the 'watching' you refer to there if that happens :p

NYRangers1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tundra

Quote:
Lose this series and Torts is going to be on a hotseat next year.
He needs a raise. Great coaching. He pushed the Rangers this far with alot of holes.

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
What the **** is this ****? We've had about 4-5 Devils players interviewed and not ONE Ranger. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to combine the postgame for these two teams ought to be fired.
Whoever thought about buying the rights for Devil games should be pistol whipped over and over and over again.

I heard that deal generates a pretty penny for them.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
That is also a huge problem when your 3rd and 4th lines can't score for ****.

Rup, Feds, Mitchell, Prust, Boyle combined goals in the playoffs = 5. And 3 of those were by Boyle in the OTT series.

The thing is, in the playoffs your top 2 lines are going to get shut down more often than not because of the tight play. That is when you need your 3rd and 4th lines to step up, and they can't do it.
So true. But we don't blow up the whole team to do so. Next year we'll have by far the best defense in the league. But if Erixon works out and Sauer comes back healthy, we can trade MDZ for offense. Brain farts or not ,a young D who can carry the puck has a lot of value.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
So let me ask....reasons we should not be sad, and fearing the end of a marvelous hockey season.......
I'll keep it real simple.

It ain't over yet.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
MAC TRUCK

**** you Philly!

MAC TRUCK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Whoever thought about buying the rights for Devil games should be pistol whipped over and over and over again.

I heard that deal generates a pretty penny for them.
It's probably one of the main reasons why they haven't gone bankrupt and moved out of the area yet.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogz13 View Post
sack up you *******, we're not dead.
we are if tortorella doesn't let them loose and keep scaring the ..... out of them.

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
So true. But we don't blow up the whole team to do so. Next year we'll have by far the best defense in the league. But if Erixon works out and Sauer comes back healthy, we can trade MDZ for offense. Brain farts or not ,a young D who can carry the puck has a lot of value.
I dont believe Sauer will ever completely recover from concussion.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:36 PM
JCrusher*

i still have confidence in this team. Although i still feel failing to end the ottawa and caps series early when we had the chance has made us a tired hockey team

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
So let me ask....reasons we should not be sad, and fearing the end of a marvelous hockey season.......
Because they've repeatedly shown throughout the playoffs that when their backs are against the wall, they can pull it out. They showed it again tonight. Unfortunately, they decided that when they tied it, they didn't need to show desperation anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
i still have confidence in this team. Although i still feel failing to end the ottawa and caps series early when we had the chance has made us a tired hockey team
They've only played two additional games than the Devils. For world class athletes, that shouldn't make much of a difference. The Rangers showed today that they could outplay the Devils for long stretches of time. Where was the fatigue then?

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
It's probably one of the main reasons why they haven't gone bankrupt and moved out of the area yet.
This is almost on par with Microsoft lending money to Apple when they were down in the dumps.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Dactyl

so when they go bankrupt can someone like in seattle please take them away from here

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Is this postgame some kind of joke? What a waste of my time.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TrueBlue42

Send a message via ICQ to TrueBlue42 Send a message via AIM to TrueBlue42 Send a message via MSN to TrueBlue42 Send a message via Skype™ to TrueBlue42
Quote:
Reasons to not fear the end:
1 -- We've proven we can win 2+ in a row all year long.
2 -- We play fairly well at MSG West. Not a single blueshirt is going to want to lose on pebble ice.
3 -- We are going to come out of the gate flying, we are in a tough spot but we seem to excel under pressure. (winning 6 and 7 vs OTT, 3OT, Extra Attacker goal into OT Win, etc.)
4 -- Despite the fact we have had a long road we are still able to put up amazing fronts, people have been saying our tanks are empty for the last 9 or so games, and we continue to prove them wrong.

Reasons to not be sad:
1 -- Kreider is the most promising player we've had in a decade easily, and stepped out of BC and into the NHL playoffs and played fairly well, he is only going to get better. *Knocking on wood against flash in the pan syndrome*
2 -- It has been an amazing season, 1st in the east, ECF, etc. Even if we do lose to the Devils we have nothing to be ashamed of, and will have a lot to look forward to next year.

TrueBlue42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:39 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
I dont believe Sauer will ever completely recover from concussion.
Maybe, but Staal's hit was much harder than Sauer's (I saw both), and he should be completely back next fall - he 80-90% now.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
theJUMPER

Just watched the game winner replay...

Henrik needs to break up that pass. It went right through the crease.

Piss poor recognition by him and Carl Mitchell.

theJUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Yes it stings...

pretty dang badly. Was at my first Ranger playoff game since Game 5 in '94 when we lost to Jersey as well. Tell you what my brothers and I know this is going to sound absolutaly nuts but other than Hank who had an off-night, I think this just might be THE best we have looked this entire playoff run. Even the first 3 Debbie goals though I was pissed off, I still thought we were taking it too them. I never doubted we would come back..seriously. We had them on their heels 90% of the game. They scored some opportunistic goals, some of the fluky kind but I still thought despite the loss, we played our best game of the playoffs. I told ya it was going to sound nuts.

What I saw tonight for really the first time in the playoffs was the team that won 51 ****en games and we all saw and loved the the entire year. We were gritty, never gave up, had puck movement and I really thought we would win tonight. Hank picked a bad time to have his worst game in forever...it happens.

Rangers will feed off of this, I'm supremely confident and you just know the Devils are saying "we got ****ing lucky tonight as we almost blew it". It's so weird for me to feel this but even with this deflating loss, I'm feeling better about us than I did after we won Game 3. I'm convinced we will win Friday and win Game 7.

Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Is this postgame some kind of joke? What a waste of my time.
Waste of time. Dont even bother.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Somebody will buy the devils from Vanderbeek and take the debt he's accumulated. Especially if we win the cup.

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc55 View Post
**** you deboer
why ? he's doing his job and i think he's a good motivator. instead of scaring the crap of his players , he lets them play .

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
Maybe, but Staal's hit was much harder than Sauer's (I saw both), and he should be completely back next fall - he 80-90% now.
sauer's career may be over i hate to admit it but there have been no signs of hope at all so thanks a lot dion phaneuf i will remember you as a murderer of 27 year olds

Old
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
why ? he's doing his job and i think he's a good motivator. instead of scaring the crap of his players , he lets them play .
i hate that guy he can jump off a bridge for all i care

Old
JCrusher*

Quote:
Because they've repeatedly shown throughout the playoffs that when their backs are against the wall, they can pull it out. They showed it again tonight. Unfortunately, they decided that when they tied it, they didn't need to show desperation anymore.

They've only played two additional games than the Devils. For world class athletes, that shouldn't make much of a difference. The Rangers showed today that they could outplay the Devils for long stretches of time. Where was the fatigue then?

Relax im not throwing in the towel i just said i have confidence this team can still get it together but i cant acts everything is great i mean i hate to admit it but we have been outplayed so far this series

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote