HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Game 5

Old
05-23-2012, 10:41 PM
coogz13

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to coogz13
it's really good to see Dubi back. I think he's a big reason we were able to posses the puck better this game

coogz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
if the giants can repeat history on their way to another super bowl championship....why can't the ranger repeat history on their way to another stanley cup championship?

BELIEVE!!!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dactyl

anyone else rather have just gotten blown out than watch that

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
GregSirico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
pretty dang badly. Was at my first Ranger playoff game since Game 5 in '94 when we lost to Jersey as well. Tell you what my brothers and I know this is going to sound absolutaly nuts but other than Hank who had an off-night, I think this just might be THE best we have looked this entire playoff run. Even the first 3 Debbie goals though I was pissed off, I still thought we were taking it too them. I never doubted we would come back..seriously. We had them on their heels 90% of the game. They scored some opportunistic goals, some of the fluky kind but I still thought despite the loss, we played our best game of the playoffs. I told ya it was going to sound nuts.

What I saw tonight for really the first time in the playoffs was the team that won 51 ****en games and we all saw and loved the the entire year. We were gritty, never gave up, had puck movement and I really thought we would win tonight. Hank picked a bad time to have his worst game in forever...it happens.

Rangers will feed off of this, I'm supremely confident and you just know the Devils are saying "we got ****ing lucky tonight as we almost blew it". It's so weird for me to feel this but even with this deflating loss, I'm feeling better about us than I did after we won Game 3. I'm convinced we will win Friday and win Game 7.
Yeah you are nuts lol

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Series over. Either we get some offense and Hank isnt up to par, or Hank is a god and our offence is non existent. Story of this team. We wont take 2 games from them, they are not the Sens. Dont let it ruin your days or summer guys, it's just a game.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:43 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEctions View Post
Series over. Either we get some offense and Hank isnt up to par, or Hank is a god and our offence is non existent. Story of this team. We wont take 2 games from them, they are not the Sens. Dont let it ruin your days or summer guys, it's just a game.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:43 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc55 View Post
sauer's career may be over i hate to admit it but there have been no signs of hope at all so thanks a lot dion phaneuf i will remember you as a murderer of 27 year olds
When he was first injured he was listed as "day-to-day". Maybe they should have said "year-to-year"?

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
Relax im not throwing in the towel i just said i have confidence this team can still get it together but i cant acts everything is great i mean i hate to admit it but we have been outplayed so far this series
yeah we were outplayed throughout the series until tonight...this is the first game we played better than them for a real majority of the game...put this showing together on friday and get the first couple goals and we can dominate them....we are the better team....we will find a way

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEctions View Post
well i agree its just a game but i wouldnt throw in the towel. I mean dont give up until we lose the 4th time

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
When he was first injured he was listed as "day-to-day". Maybe they should have said "year-to-year"?
am i the only one who doesnt see him ever coming back?

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Kershaw

i really dont know what i would do this summer if the rangers lose. how does a fan recover from this?

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:45 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
yeah we were outplayed throughout the series until tonight...this is the first game we played better than them for a real majority of the game...put this showing together on friday and get the first couple goals and we can dominate them....we are the better team....we will find a way
I agree plus i would think hank will have a better game since tonight was putrid from him

Old
05-23-2012, 10:46 PM
GregSirico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
i really dont know what i would do this summer if the rangers lose. how does a fan recover from this?
Baseball? Travel? Hit up the gym?

Old
05-23-2012, 10:46 PM
corduroyg

ryan carter with the 2 biggest goals of the series so far. the game 2 goal to tie it at the end of the 2nd was the biggest goal of that game. and tonite's game winner. RYAN F.REAKING CARTER! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

corduroyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:47 PM
TrueBlue42

Send a message via ICQ to TrueBlue42 Send a message via AIM to TrueBlue42 Send a message via MSN to TrueBlue42 Send a message via Skype™ to TrueBlue42
Quote:
The 3 b's fix everything. (Beer, Beach, Babes)

TrueBlue42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
does anybody else's ass hurt real bad?
actually i am in a good mood . let the devils suffer in the final because la will not take any crap from them and de boer . brown and sutter will see to that .

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc55 View Post
am i the only one who doesnt see him ever coming back?
Maybe, impression here is that he is finished, but you never know with these injuries. I'm sure they do lots of MRI's on him,but none of us are privy to the results of neuro tests. If I had some results, I could give a more accurate prognosis.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYR2047
WebMD Trained Doctor

Wait I read earlier in the thread that Kreider got benched?? Why?

NYR2047 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:48 PM
GregSirico

How come not one Ranger was interviewed tonight?

Old
Rust Heisenberg

Not much I can add to this thread. The majority of you guys have taken the cake already. I'm pretty deflated as I'm sure all of you are... besides probably snowblind who's likely throwing a rager right about now.

Why is Rupp in the lineup? Why is Bickel in the lineup? Don't say they are our best alternatives, Kris Newbury would be a better alternative to Rupp. Both Erixon and Eminger would have been better alternatives to Bickel.

Clearly i'm not packing it in for the season, but realistically thinking, team's don't generally come back to win after such a deflating loss. I'd love for some repeat of '94... God knows the ridiculous amount of similarities and oddities that this team has to that team, but again, that doesn't mean that this team will pull off the same feat as that one. In the event that we lose this series, whether it be in 6 or 7, there are some changes needed.

Bring back Stralman for our 3rd pairing. Have Erixon play with Staal next year on the 2nd pairing. I'm not counting on Sauer coming back, if he does then Stralman can be traded/scratched. I guess you can resign Bickel and try and see how he develops. It doesn't hurt to have that depth, but he seems like a non-factor to me at this point.

Add in a face off 3rd line center. Gaustad. Trade Dubinsky. His cap hit is too high for us to afford him. We need another bonafide scorer. Nash isn't realistic, not with what they're asking for. Ryan isn't realistic, Ducks believe they can make a run with the team they have, that's why they resigned Boudreau. Parise won't be realistic, nor do I think he is the scoring threat we need, he's just another jam it in type of guy.

Try and get someone from Edmonton (as I think they would be good and potentially willing trade partners) who actually would be an upgrade (No Sam Gagner is not an upgrade). If they're getting Yakupov then I would assume one of Hall or Eberle would be available for some defense. If we can sign Schultz then maybe a trade of McIlrath and a 1st would cut it, but an upgrade on offense is something we sorely need.

Still have hope for game 6 but have a resounding feeling that it'll be a bittersweet night, one where we reflect back on the season and think about what a great ride its been and think positively about where the team is headed but are unfortunately let down by the non-advancing of the team this season.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JCrusher*

this postgame makes me puke. Chico is just drooling over the devils

Old
05-23-2012, 10:49 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Look forwards to next year. Its not the end of the world. If we go out, then we had a hell of a run this year, with a lot of holes in the lineup, imo. The team is young, the core is locked up for a while, positive things.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
Baseball? Travel? Hit up the gym?
Gym probably. But I think I'll be sick if I see another hockey stick.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:50 PM
roxchipsi8

just got back to my apt from game....

was the boaring on feDs legit? looked like an awful call on the jumobtron...

looked like the devs got away with their 2nd too many men about 45 seconds before wining goal... can anyone confirm or deny?

thanks

roxchipsi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Paging Mark Messier....there's a call for you on the white phone.

Seriously, would not be suprised if come Friday morning there is a NY Post headline "Messier guarantees Ranger win". Heck for ***** and giggles why the **** not...nothing to lose conjouring up thoughts of '94....

Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote