HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Series isn't over yet guys, hang in there

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-23-2012, 10:34 PM
  #76
Dantes19
Registered User
 
Dantes19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snouch View Post
no, you're being a *****. and *****es cry.

we cant do it, its a longshot, im looking at reality. shut up stupid. that is whining. your a whiner. stop smoking your cigarette and acting like a 13 year old girl.

win game 6 and anything can happen in game 7.


So, as I figured, you can't point to anything I posted that was 'whiny', because you were blatantly lying when you made that accusation. Why rely on facts when you can just toss around personal insults? That definitely makes you seem both tough and intelligent. Saying that the Rangers are a longshot is a far cry from whining and *****ing. But you clearly can't see that.


I'm sorry you can't understand the concept of rational thought compared to blind optimism. I truly feel bad that you don't have the ability to differentiate rational deduction from whining and crying.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:35 PM
  #77
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
@SnowBlindNYR

That means your a quitter. Plain and simple.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:36 PM
  #78
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
So, as I figured, you can't point to anything I posted that was 'whiny', because you were blatantly lying when you made that accusation. Why rely on facts when you can just toss around personal insults? That definitely makes you seem both tough and intelligent. Saying that the Rangers are a longshot is a far cry from whining and *****ing. But you clearly can't see that.


I'm sorry you can't understand the concept of rational thought compared to blind optimism. I truly feel bad that you don't have the ability to differentiate rational deduction from whining and crying.


Explain your definition of blind optimism, please.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:36 PM
  #79
MDL8981
Registered User
 
MDL8981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Unrelenting positivity? There were positives! We tied the game and could have won this game! How did you NOT see any positives here? This was the best offensive game we played for weeks.
Can we play that type of game two more times in a row? Making that three in a row like that....considering we havent done that since sometime in the reg season I remain extremely skeptical.

I personally dont understand why people who arent waving pom poms and not showing frustration and doubt about this series...are being called out. That was probably the worst loss I've experienced as a Rangers fan since Pittsburgh in 92. In my eyes, we had our chances to take control of this series and blew it. NJ has been playing great at home the entire playoffs, and they will come out like a buzzsaw on Friday night.

I will hope for the best, but I am not confident.

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:37 PM
  #80
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP
 
poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,044
vCash: 500
Snowblind has quit plenty of times already, he should just stop rooting for this team altogether

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:37 PM
  #81
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 15,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Someone tell me how we are screwed. Give me 3 reasons and they can't have nothing to do with tonights loss.
1) We have been outplayed most of this series

2) We're going to prudential center where other than period 3 of game 3, we have been dominated.

3) Hank has been either bad or great this series. It's a coin flip which Hank shows up.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:38 PM
  #82
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 44,790
vCash: 50
We need to force a 3rd straight Game 7. This is truly something to behold.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:39 PM
  #83
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 15,593
vCash: 500
This series is eerily similar to the Washington series in 09. Outplayed throughout. Check. Hank is amazing in the wins. Check. Hank is awful in the losses. Check. Except this Rangers team is way better than that Rangers team and this Devils team is worse than that Capitals team.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:40 PM
  #84
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 15,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
@SnowBlindNYR

That means your a quitter. Plain and simple.
It means I'm a realist.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:40 PM
  #85
Dantes19
Registered User
 
Dantes19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Unrelenting positivity? There were positives! We tied the game and could have won this game! How did you NOT see any positives here? This was the best offensive game we played for weeks.


What's hard to understand about this sentence:
"There's more to being a 'fan' than just displaying unrelenting positivity and optimism."


Where in there do you see me saying that there were no positives? I never once said that there were no positives in tonight's game;
of course there were positives. But that has nothing to do with the sentence you referred to.


The reading comprehension on this board is just putrid at times.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:41 PM
  #86
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
1) We have been outplayed most of this series

2) We're going to prudential center where other than period 3 of game 3, we have been dominated.

3) Hank has been either bad or great this series. It's a coin flip which Hank shows up.


1. We shut them out twice, how do you get outplayed in a game where you shut the other team out?

2. Prudential center is MSG 2, and game 6 isn't the same game as game 4.

3. Hank?? Oh god.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:41 PM
  #87
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 44,790
vCash: 50
I really believe that they want to be the first hockey team to win a Cup playing all 28 playoff games.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:41 PM
  #88
chip chipperson*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
So, as I figured, you can't point to anything I posted that was 'whiny', because you were blatantly lying when you made that accusation. Why rely on facts when you can just toss around personal insults? That definitely makes you seem both tough and intelligent. Saying that the Rangers are a longshot is a far cry from whining and *****ing. But you clearly can't see that.


I'm sorry you can't understand the concept of rational thought compared to blind optimism. I truly feel bad that you don't have the ability to differentiate rational deduction from whining and crying.
no your a whiner. a big one. maybe the bigest of all whiners.

here are the facts stupid, we lost a game we should have won, we played our best game, and hank has stolen games for us before. we have to win 1 game. anything can happen in a game 7.

instead of seeing the positives here, you are throwing in the towel (after you wipe your tears with it). and claiming to be looking at reality... heres the reality, we need to win 1 game to come home for 7. the easy thing to do is whine and say it cant be done. thats where you come in.

we need to win a game on the road, its not a longshot. if i knew nothing about hockey and read your posts i would think we were down 3-0. oh wait we were down 3-0 tonight and we came back. no way we can win a road game.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:42 PM
  #89
Dantes19
Registered User
 
Dantes19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
It means I'm a realist.


Apparently, any opinion that is not one of unrelenting positivity makes you a 'quitter' or a 'whiner'. Likewise, any opinion expressing severe doubt in the Rangers' chances also makes you a 'quitter'.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:42 PM
  #90
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
What's hard to understand about this sentence:
"There's more to being a 'fan' than just displaying unrelenting positivity and optimism."


Where in there do you see me saying that there were no positives? I never once said that there were no positives in tonight's game;
of course there were positives. But that has nothing to do with the sentence you referred to.


The reading comprehension on this board is just putrid at times.
I can read fine, and i'm not getting into it with someone who has an avatar like that, have a good night dude.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:43 PM
  #91
Blue'sClues
Miss you "Beetle"
 
Blue'sClues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Joe's parents house
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
Or, it could be acknowledging the realistic likelihood of each potential outcome. There's nothing heretical about saying that you think the team will lose, but desperately hope they will win. That's just showing signs of rational thought.

At this point, one could make a pretty strong case that the Rangers are heavy underdogs to win the series. That's not a 'preparation safety net' as much as it is recognizing the fact the Rangers have lost two in a row and now need to win two in a row against a team that frankly seems to be just a bit better.

There's more to being a 'fan' than just displaying unrelenting positivity and optimism.
Rangers out played them for the majority of the game... if not for a few bad bounces and Lundqvist not being Lundqvist, Rangers are up 3-2......... but I'm blindly optimistic?

I take great relieve in you fact that you also wanted to pack it in after they were down 3-2 to Ottawa as well.....




Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Ottawa hasn't won **** yet. There's still a ******* Game 6 to be played.

We march in there, Hagelin in tow, Kick the **** out them in front of their own, and win this in New York.


BOOK IT.
your reply....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
What have you seen in the last few games that gives you that much belief that it'll happen? I admire your confidence but don't understand it.






Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Steve Zipay
Dan Girardi: "We didn’t get frustrated, we kept throwing things at them. We’re fine in here; we’ve just got to win one game in Ottawa."

Best quote. Shut up morons.
your reply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
I really don't see how that quote should inspire renewed confidence from Rangers fans.

Blue'sClues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:44 PM
  #92
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,161
vCash: 500
Do people not realize the Devils played that hard forecheck... Then played "protect the lead" until we scored the 3rd goal... and then went back to the forecheck and scored?!!!

WTF?!!!!

I've been screaming that torts has no answer and needs to come up with one quick for 4 games now.

It's not the effort. It's the inability to deal with the same **** they've not been able to deal with for years now.

Christ.

Riche16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:44 PM
  #93
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
SnowBlindNYR said if he was busting his ass at work and didn't get a promotion then he would stop, that is the definition of a quitter IMO.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:45 PM
  #94
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP
 
poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,044
vCash: 500
devils fans are all overconfident that they are waiting for the Kings to come to Newark...Friday is it for us. I really hope the Rangers play with the mentality of what this series means to them and us fans

1st round: we blow it and have come back to win game 7
2nd round: we played terribly and let the Caps ease by in game 6 only to win at home

3rd round: ?

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:45 PM
  #95
-31-
portnor, pls
 
-31-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,852
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
The Devils aren't the Senators. Looking at the situation realistically, there's very little reason to think the Rangers will win the next 2.


Have to accept the fact that the series is most probably over.
Here's a great quote from you after Game 5 of the Ottawa game:

Quote:
What have you seen in the last few games that makes you think the Rangers can win the next two?
Like you, I feel like I did after game 5 in Ottawa. I felt they played strong enough to win, and felt confident in their ability to do just that in the following 2 games.

-31- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:46 PM
  #96
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,327
vCash: 500
i love all these first time posters coming in here calling out vet posters.

I've suffered with this team for over 18 years, i see this cup run for what it is. they've ran out of gas. they can't score.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:46 PM
  #97
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Dantes19, if we win game 6 and 7 and go to the finals and win the cup, please don't celebrate, you counted them out.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:46 PM
  #98
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 15,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
1. We shut them out twice, how do you get outplayed in a game where you shut the other team out?

2. Prudential center is MSG 2, and game 6 isn't the same game as game 4.

3. Hank?? Oh god.
1) Well the first shutout was a pretty even game. The second shutout Hank stood on his head and had one of the best games he's had in his career. We got dominated in that game.

2) Prudential center was a house of horrors in games 3 and 4. We were dominated in 5 out of 6 periods.

3) That's your best reply? 3, 3, and 4 were the goals against. You're not scoring 4, 4, and 5 goals in the playoffs nowadays no matter how good of an offensive team you are. He didn't give us much of a chances in 3 games. 3 out of 5 games. It's a coin flip regarding which Hank shows up. Today was his second worst game of the season, following the Caps debacle in game 82. Maybe he won't repeat that, but if he repeats games 2 and 4, we most likely might as well pack up.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:46 PM
  #99
Dantes19
Registered User
 
Dantes19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
I didn't call your argument crazy and irrational. I just pointed out that you're acting holier than thou by basically telling other fans that they are dumb for thinking or hoping that the Rangers can come back and win this series. But frankly, your opinion that they are highly unlikely to win, is just as valid or invalid as my argument that I think they have a chance to win. What evidence do you have to back up your argument besides your personal feeling and the fact that the Rangers lost a tough one tonight? Have you been in the locker rooms? Have you gotten into the minds of Lundqvist and Torts? I'm waiting. There is no fact based argument to make, just your opinion. And saying your opinion is better than the opinion of another, which is based in as much fact as yours, is douchey. Straight up.


Tell me where I called anyone or their opinions dumb.

Likewise, please also show me where I said that my opinion was superior to yours. Expressing mine ardently is not the same as insulting yours, and that's all I've done. I posted mine and got attacked for it. Never once did I say yours was stupid or less valid than mine.

Your whole post is just one massive conflation of everything I've posted. I'd argue that it's 'douchey' to accuse someone of posting something they didn't actually post -- straight up.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:47 PM
  #100
chip chipperson*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
i love all these first time posters coming in here calling out vet posters.

I've suffered with this team for over 18 years, i see this cup run for what it is. they've ran out of gas. they can't score.
pulling rank huh?

trust me, some of us have been here longer than you think.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.