HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Series isn't over yet guys, hang in there

Old
05-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Jax1166

vCash: 500
May ask honestly, why we should be optimistic?
I am so sad thinking our year is about to end...I love hockey I love this team and I can't but feel given the hard tiring work it is this year or bust...this team will struggle next season and frankly I am not sure we are a consistent contender because you know Mc'D and Girardi will be tired next season, Gabby will be injured.....

Jax1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:48 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Do people not realize the Devils played that hard forecheck... Then played "protect the lead" until we scored the 3rd goal... and then went back to the forecheck and scored?!!!

WTF?!!!!

I've been screaming that torts has no answer and needs to come up with one quick for 4 games now.

It's not the effort. It's the inability to deal with the same **** they've not been able to deal with for years now.

Christ.
i don't understand this either. seems like i'm watching a rerun of past seasons all the time. Torts said in his postgame that the team pulled back. it happens too often for me not to think that they are being coached to play this way.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:48 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Here's a great quote from you after Game 5 of the Ottawa game:

Like you, I feel like I did after game 5 in Ottawa. I felt they played strong enough to win, and felt confident in their ability to do just that in the following 2 games.

I can understand that. There, I was saying "What have you seen that makes you think they'll win the next two?" is vastly different from saying "The Rangers have no chance to win the next two." I was asking that question honestly to a poster, without sarcasm, because I curious about the source of his optimism. Some people on here are treating the expression of doubt like it's some form of hockey heresy.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:49 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
I am so sad thinking our year is about to end...I love hockey I love this team and I can't but feel given the hard tiring work it is this year or bust...this team will struggle next season and frankly I am not sure we are a consistent contender because you know Mc'D and Girardi will be tired next season, Gabby will be injured.....

Very very sick post bro.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:50 PM
NikC

Quote:
Girardi and McDonaugh will most likely get more defensive support.
they have to.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:51 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
I hear Lundqvist wants to go back to Sweden too..... I mean, if you're going to do it, might as well pile on

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Man your life sucks.

In my life, McDonagh is 21 and will have a full 3 months of rest before next season starts, and Gaborik is fully healthy.

Also, in my world, the team will have at least another 20 games of playoff experience, and the college players will be better adjusted to the pro season.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
Rangers out played them for the majority of the game... if not for a few bad bounces and Lundqvist not being Lundqvist, Rangers are up 3-2......... but I'm blindly optimistic?

I take great relieve in you fact that you also wanted to pack it in after they were down 3-2 to Ottawa as well.....

your reply....

your reply...
They outplayed them and lost. If you watched the Rangers this year you can see that outplaying a team in one game doesn't necessarily translate into the next. We outplayed Washington in game 5, won in miracle fashion and had one of the worst games of the regular season and playoffs in game 6. The Caps deserve credit for coming back from a heart breaking game but that was at home. We've been putrid in the Prudential Center.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Jax1166

So depressed thinking Fri may be it....give me some substantive reasons why not

Jax1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Dantes19, if we win game 6 and 7 and go to the finals and win the cup, please don't celebrate, you counted them out.

You've been here a month and you're giving me orders? I'm pretty sure that I can still maintain the right to celebrate if they win regardless of how much doubt I feel about their chances. Not sure why you feel that you get to set the celebration rules for Rangers fans, but feel free to stick around and let your condescension run wild.

Old
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Man your life sucks.

In my life, McDonagh is 21 and will have a full 3 months of rest before next season starts, and Gaborik is fully healthy.

Also, in my world, the team will have at least another 20 games of playoff experience, and the college players will be better adjusted to the pro season.
in my world, sauer will hopefully be back and we will possibly get another scorer, say parise.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GamerZX101

I didn't mind not making the Finals. It just sucks because it's against New Jersey and we were by far the better team in the regular season.

It hurts because you never know when you're going to get this chance again. We were lucky enough to get another chance in '94 after '91-'92. You can have great teams, but it's tough to get to this point. Ask the Caps how difficult it is to get here. With the parity in the NHL, you really need to seize opportunities when you can.

GamerZX101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
i don't understand this either. seems like i'm watching a rerun of past seasons all the time. Torts said in his postgame that the team pulled back. it happens too often for me not to think that they are being coached to play this way.
I love Torts as a coach but he has NO answer for that type of game. He can run it. He can't stop it. It's insane.

It may be personell. I don't know.

It's pathetic.

ANY team that plays the ways the Devils have against us wins. Even if they're not good at it.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewYorkRangers89*

SnowBlindNYR, where were you when they tied it and made it 3-3? You posted several times when they were down 3-0 but were nowhere to be found when they tied it. Hmmm....

Old
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Normally I'd say the same thing that I did after Game 5 against Ottawa and rock my Messier swag but it would just seem so insincere at this moment.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
They outplayed them and lost. If you watched the Rangers this year you can see that outplaying a team in one game doesn't necessarily translate into the next. We outplayed Washington in game 5, won in miracle fashion and had one of the worst games of the regular season and playoffs in game 6. The Caps deserve credit for coming back from a heart breaking game but that was at home. We've been putrid in the Prudential Center.
1-1 in playoffs at the Prudential Center this year.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:55 PM
OverTheCap

Too bad there was no HFBoards in 1994, I would love to see some of the posts after the Game 5 loss against the Devils that year. They would probably look something like this:

"Fire Keenan!"

"Worst PP in the league"

"Leetch sucks!"

"Scratch Kovalev, he has no heart"

"We'll never win a cup with Richter"

Of course, that team is a lot more talented than this year's squad. But it ain't over til it over. The Rangers looked horrible in Games 4 and 5 in 1994 but pulled it out in the end.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snouch View Post
pulling rank huh?

trust me, some of us have been here longer than you think.

Well, we'll have to just take your word since your 20 posts would seem to indicate otherwise.

I respect your right to have an opinion that differs from mine; I don't see anything close to that same kind of respect coming from you.

Old
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
This team had everything break for them. Crosby was injured, Pronger was injured, they ended up with the 1 seed. They had possibly the softest schedule to win the cup. The 8, 7, 6 and 8 seeds (albeit the Kings are better than an 8th seed). They blew it. I won't be shocked if we're a 6th seed next year and are out in the first round. The division was really close this year and even with better personnel (Kreider fully healthy, maybe Parise) there's no guarantee that we don't end up 4th in the division. Everything broke right for this team to win the cup and they wasted this opportunity. It's sickening. It's sickening that it's also because our best player choked. With performances like tonight and this series in general it won't help the "playoff choker" reputation that he has.

Old
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
You've been here a month and you're giving me orders? I'm pretty sure that I can still maintain the right to celebrate if they win regardless of how much doubt I feel about their chances. Not sure why you feel that you get to set the celebration rules for Rangers fans, but feel free to stick around and let your condescension run wild.

Not giving you orders but if you think they are done then why should you have the right to celebrate a championship? You counted them out a few times actually and you ate your words every time. If you think were done then get out of here bro because nobody needs to hear you and your "reality". I think we can win and so do other people but you have a problem with those people.

Old
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerzx101 View Post
i didn't mind not making the finals. It just sucks because it's against new jersey and we were by far the better team in the regular season.

It hurts because you never know when you're going to get this chance again. We were lucky enough to get another chance in '94 after '91-'92. You can have great teams, but it's tough to get to this point. Ask the caps how difficult it is to get here. with the parity in the nhl, you really need to seize opportunities when you can.
bingo

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:57 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
1-1 in playoffs at the Prudential Center this year.
We were rotten in game 3. Deserved to lose that game by multiple goals.

Old
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
what is it about people that pull rank? that guy has been here a month and believes in his team, you dont. you're a fake fan. instead of saying this loss sucks lets win game 6, its im looking at reality and its a longshot. you shouldn't even be watching game 6. and thats not an order, im just looking at reality. you dont think it can be done, so sit outside and smoke your cigarette and dont watch.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Normally I'd say the same thing that I did after Game 5 against Ottawa and rock my Messier swag but it would just seem so insincere at this moment.

If even Bob Richards cannot be optimistic, it is a sad day.

Old
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
This team had everything break for them. Crosby was injured, Pronger was injured, they ended up with the 1 seed. They had possibly the softest schedule to win the cup. The 8, 7, 6 and 8 seeds (albeit the Kings are better than an 8th seed). They blew it. I won't be shocked if we're a 6th seed next year and are out in the first round. The division was really close this year and even with better personnel (Kreider fully healthy, maybe Parise) there's no guarantee that we don't end up 4th in the division. Everything broke right for this team to win the cup and they wasted this opportunity. It's sickening. It's sickening that it's also because our best player choked. With performances like tonight and this series in general it won't help the "playoff choker" reputation that he has.

WE AREN'T OUT YET...You probably hope we lose just so you can say i told ya so, what a fake fan.