HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Granlund has offically signed with Minnesota

Old
05-23-2012, 11:02 PM
taylord22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko99 View Post
wow yeah sure bud

Kuznetzov and Taresenko I'll give you but Schwartz and Huerdeau no way lol

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect-rankings/

I'd put Granlund ahead of Schwartz long term...but it's certainly up for debate. Granlund just has a lot more hype around him than Schwartz. Jaden's game is more tame. Reminds me a lot of Parise's -- he didn't have to adapt much during his short stint this year in the NHL.

Regardless, congrats Wild fans. No matter how effective he is during his rookie campaign, he'll induce a level of electricity that has been somewhat missing since Gaborik's departure.

Last edited by taylord22: 05-24-2012 at 01:52 AM.
taylord22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 12:01 AM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1534
Link's broken.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:59 AM
taylord22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Link's broken.
It was just the HF prospect rankings that has Schwartz at 8, Granlund at 9. Most of us have seen it. All of us know it means little, but I think it does illustrate that just because jayden plays a quieter game, it doesn't mean he has any less upside.

taylord22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:06 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
I just hope that FBJ doesnt bust.. Skating seems still be a problem.. Lets just hope he was just tired in WHC..
He has been terrible for last 3-4 months. It's not skating what's wrong with him. He just looks tired. I doubt he's got stamina for 82 games in NHL.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:22 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
He has been terrible for last 3-4 months. It's not skating what's wrong with him. He just looks tired. I doubt he's got stamina for 82 games in NHL.
Mono can do that to anyone.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:44 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidUsername View Post
Nice. Minnesota should pick up Teravainen and ice an all Finnish line.
The Finnish five. Or six if you count a goalie. They just need few Finnish D.

Quote:
He may struggle the first (few) season(s) when he gets accustomed to higher number of games and travelling. He needs this long offseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Speculation?

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:53 AM
Lui One Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
I think you're confusing Granlund with Aleksander Barkov...

Lui One Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:57 AM
Reikai
Neutral fan

Cut Granlund some slack, he's had so much stuff going on in his life for the past year or so. Yeah he wasnt very good in the playoffs in the FEL and wasnt anything spectacular in the WHC (but not bad either) but that doesnt mean anything. He was still the best player in the FEL before he got sick and would've been ppg player in the WHC with proper linemates.

But lets look it this way, now he can finally start living his dream in the NHL. Everything what have happened in Finland is now history. He won the FEL championship aswell as WHC gold. He's done with military service. Mission accomplished.

Now for a fresh start in NA. Dont work out like crazy in the offseason but rather gather your energy and relax. Both physically and mentally. Im sure he is ready for the upcoming season.

IMO Granlund is now fine physically. He will only get better and stronger. And the people that keep saying he is too slow - thats simply not true. Sure he isnt explosive and could work on his acceleration but come on he isnt slow.

About his first NHL season.. Well, we could see anything between 10-60 pts. The most important thing i want to see is that he can keep up with the tempo and play with his own strenghts. Then the points will come.

Reikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:31 AM
SoupyFIN
#freePirri

vCash: 1425
Quote:
I think it was due to a combination of many things. His ongoing army service, stress to get school done, increased pressure from the media and the fact that HIFK never bought in to the new coach's system.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Lui One Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
I think it was due to a combination of many things. His ongoing army service, stress to get school done, increased pressure from the media and the fact that HIFK never bought in to the new coach's system.
Granlund had finished his military service before the Christmas break... and that's when he started to struggle.

And what do you mean by "not buying in to the coach's system"? Outside the slow start and the 4 playoff-games, IFK had a tremendous season and the team played some great hockey in the latter half of the reg. season when Granlund himself was struggling.

Last edited by Lui One Hall: 05-24-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Lui One Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:13 AM
forthewild

one of the finnish writers said that granlund who is a polite soft spoken person was the most googled finnish athlete over the last two years. after his WC last year he bacame so popular that everyone wanted to interview him and he kept saying yes.

no doubt there was a little burn out factor and his debbacle in the shootout in WJC was a tough pill to swalow.

however him and mikko koivu are quite close it seems and koivu will help him recharge his batteries.

also he wont be playing with crap linemates like he did in the previous WC, when paired with koivu this past WC the brief time they had together Granlund was 1+1 and Koivu was 0+2

while i would have rather wild picked Bjugstad in 2010, i think that Granlund will have a decent team around him next year and will help him ajdust, the wild team last year played a very solid game untill they lost their top center and had to use guys like power and peters in the top 6.

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:34 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruktbomb View Post
Granlund had finished his military service before the Christmas break... and that's when he started to struggle.

And what do you mean by "not buying in to the coach's system"? Outside the slow start and the 4 playoff-games, IFK had a tremendous season and the team played some great hockey in the latter half of the reg. season when Granlund himself was struggling.
This, I totally agree that he had too much stuff going on around him for the past year, but army isn't a big factor - like I've been saying, he was there for 16 DAYS.

I think it's actually more of relaxing to spend some time in the forest with friends and grill some sausages and play cards and stuff.

Old
05-24-2012, 09:36 AM
LSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
This, I totally agree that he had too much stuff going on around him for the past year, but army isn't a big factor - like I've been saying, he was there for 16 DAYS.

I think it's actually more of relaxing to spend some time in the forest with friends and grill some sausages and play cards and stuff.
----

Didnt he have a serious mono about that time? They were speculating in papers that he might not even recover to the WHC at one point ?

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Nabokov20
Karlsson for Chuck

All this talk about his height is rather amusing. I've met a bunch of players in person (C. Giroux, St. Louis, Stamkos, Tavares, Redden, Jared Cowen, Turris, etc.) and most of them seem 'small' in person (even the taller ones) and I'm only 5'8" or so. Either way, who cares?! If he has game breaking offensive talent, he'll be fine.

Nabokov20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabokov20 View Post
All this talk about his height is rather amusing. I've met a bunch of players in person (C. Giroux, St. Louis, Stamkos, Tavares, Redden, Jared Cowen, Turris, etc.) and most of them seem 'small' in person (even the taller ones) and I'm only 5'8" or so. Either way, who cares?! If he has game breaking offensive talent, he'll be fine.
Unless he is an Oiler.
RNH at 6 feet tall is a midget.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 12:23 PM
BuddyMcCormick

I'm 5'10" and can hold my own out on the ice against larger opponents. And I stink. I'm not concerned about his size.

BuddyMcCormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:21 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
----

Didnt he have a serious mono about that time? They were speculating in papers that he might not even recover to the WHC at one point ?
I'm not sure, yeah he was sick for like a couple of weeks but I think they were taking it extra carefully so he would recover for the playoffs.. mono would fit the picture perfectly but I don't think either national team, his club or Granlund himself have stated that he had mono. Still might have had it, actually I HOPE that he had it because it would explain his performance for the last few months. And it would look more promising for the future.

What do you mean by papers? Iltalehti? I wouldn't take anything for granted on what they publish, they would say anything to sell more papers.

Old
05-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

He's so popular in Finland not even models peke his interest.

Billy Mays Here is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:22 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post

I lol'd when I saw that in teh biggest piece of crap paper that Finland has.

Old
05-24-2012, 11:31 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

The difference this year... Granlund will actually have a legit break this offseason. Something he hasn't had in 2yrs.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 02:03 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post

he's being harassed by GMCF during that phone call to come and sign the damn contract.

GMCF: what the **** is taking you so long

MiG: but there is this hot babe, she looks like she wants to talk

GMCF: i don't give two finns if there is, get you ass here now i've waited two damn years

MiG: dammit,,, ok

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 02:19 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
he's being harassed by GMCF during that phone call to come and sign the damn contract.

GMCF: what the **** is taking you so long

MiG: but there is this hot babe, she looks like she wants to talk

GMCF: i don't give two finns if there is, get you ass here now i've waited two damn years

MiG: dammit,,, ok
Could be Mikko on the phone :p

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:22 AM
BuddyMcCormick

Bump for awesomeness.

Granlund > Kadri, any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

BuddyMcCormick is offline   Reply With Quote