HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Giroux Called Up (For Real)

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASRANGERFAN
You can never know how a player will play in the NHL no matter how good or bad they were where they played before. Prucha is the perfect example of that, so I think you need to take a look at everyone at this level at some point.
That's not entirely true. If it were the case every player in your system would have to get a look before you cut them free.

In Giroux's case he's been around the AHL for a while, gotten some cups of coffee and been in more than a few camps.

Now if he were the best player in Hatford that's one thing. Unfortunatly he's not and personally I would've given the kids with better odds the shot.

Giroux seems to be a player that everyone wants to see make it. But the unfortunate history is that so far he hasn't shown that he has it. Calling him up will give the Rangers a closer look but I don't know if it would've been my first option.

In fairiness I also don't think we can compare Giroux and Prucha. Prucha was 23, a rookie and had never been in a NA game. At 25 and as an AHL vet, I think we have a pretty clear picture of what Giroux is.

Closed Thread