HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

HC Lev Prague 2012/13 season talk

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2012, 02:06 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
It is funny to read slovak forums (especially hokej.sk) People still think HC LEV Poprad and HC LEV Prague are the same clubs

HC LEV Prague can not play in Silesia no yellow
What do you think about this crown in logo? Why did they put it here?
Any historical heritage? You know, it is not problem to have the logo without crown.

Bohemia

Moravia

Silesia

Old
05-16-2012, 03:11 PM
zorz

The crown is ok, but no big deal. They probably just didn't want to have that part of the logo so blank, so they were thinking something like "hey, the Czech lion has crown, that's cool, let's put it in this logo!"

Old
05-16-2012, 03:23 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
The crown is ok, but no big deal. They probably just didn't want to have that part of the logo so blank, so they were thinking something like "hey, the Czech lion has crown, that's cool, let's put it in this logo!"
can be, of course.

Old
05-16-2012, 03:32 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
can be, of course.
the reason why I think this is the most likely version is because it doesn't look like any real crown I know (but I know only very few of them...). For example those crowns at the Czech coat of arms resemble real historical crown (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_of_Saint_Wenceslas) But this one doesn't look familiar (at least not to me).

Still I think it's a good idea and that logo is better like this than it would be without it.

Old
05-16-2012, 03:58 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

I agree, maybe copyright has something to do with it as well.

HC LEV informs at VK account that this logo is not final one.
Quote:
новая эмблема клуба. окочательный вариант будет известен к сезону.

Last edited by vorky: 05-16-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old
05-17-2012, 09:27 AM
zorz

Surovy is the next player, signed for 1 year (as well as Mikuš and Hossa).

Old
05-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Kesid
The House of Penguin

Quote:
Surovy is the next player, signed for 1 year (as well as Mikuš and Hossa).
Pretty good signing.

Old
05-17-2012, 09:35 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesid View Post
Pretty good signing.
Indeed. I just hope he won't slap Pöpperle to the head with his stick too often

Old
05-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Kesid
The House of Penguin

Quote:
Indeed. I just hope he won't slap Pöpperle to the head with his stick too often
Oh wait, did he sign as a player or as a goalie coach?

Old
05-20-2012, 02:22 AM
Rumcajs

Any idea what the jerseys will look like?

Old
05-20-2012, 02:35 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Any idea what the jerseys will look like?
not yet, they changed logo, so jerseys as well IMO. Wait until summer

Old
05-21-2012, 10:26 AM
zorz

I really hope they will go after Caslava now that he leaves CSKA. They would amazing pairing with Nemec.

Old
05-21-2012, 03:46 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
I really hope they will go after Caslava now that he leaves CSKA. They would amazing pairing with Nemec.
I hope he plays well for whoever, he is not good for us

Old
05-21-2012, 04:12 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Severstal, according to russian media. Not official yet

Old
05-23-2012, 11:13 AM
zorz

Bartecko confirmed staying in Lev. Can somebody tell me which wing him and Hossa are usually playing?

Old
05-23-2012, 01:02 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Bartecko confirmed staying in Lev. Can somebody tell me which wing him and Hossa are usually playing?
both LW I think...

Old
05-24-2012, 04:07 AM
ufon68

What i don't like about this whole KHL business is the fleeting nature of the whole thing, if i'm not mistaken, new clubs are given a licence for only one season, after that, there is no guarantee the club will stay in town, one year in Poprad, then Prague, next maybe in Copenhagen. What is this, a gipsy league ? How can i, as a fan, relate to a club with a) no history b) very insecure future

Also, there is way too many russian clubs, i would like to see a league with teams from the biggest hockey nations and cities, like Stockholm, Helsinki, but also say Berlin, Zurich etc. , im really not interested in some far away siberian teams which i can't relate to in any way.

This is perhaps not the best thread for this subject....

Old
05-24-2012, 04:57 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufon68 View Post
What i don't like about this whole KHL business is the fleeting nature of the whole thing, if i'm not mistaken, new clubs are given a licence for only one season, after that, there is no guarantee the club will stay in town, one year in Poprad, then Prague, next maybe in Copenhagen. What is this, a gipsy league ? How can i, as a fan, relate to a club with a) no history b) very insecure future

Also, there is way too many russian clubs, i would like to see a league with teams from the biggest hockey nations and cities, like Stockholm, Helsinki, but also say Berlin, Zurich etc. , im really not interested in some far away siberian teams which i can't relate to in any way.

No problem, I think this thread is perfectly suitable for this. I agree it would be epic fail if they moved again or quit after a couple of seasons in Prague. That would kill all remaining credibility KHL has in Czech Republic.

Old
05-24-2012, 11:21 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
I see your worrying. Would you say the same if you lived in Latvia, Belarus? Do you think that Dinamo Riga/Minsk move every year, are not stable (mean location)? These clubs have also "history", ok, old Dinamo Riga was disbanded and re-established in 2008 to join KHL. I am not sure about Dinamo Minsk history. Slovan Bratislava has history as well. HC LEV is another story, it is new club, no history. I agree. And HC LEV is special case. Poprad team was 1st from non-former CCCP country, so "experiment". We all know how story is behind HC LEV. Club wanted to play in Czech rep but was refused by federation. Owners chose Poprad to start KHL route and everybody knew that club will relocate to czech rep. I though it will be after 2-3 seasons, I was wrong. I am sure HC LEV will not move in near future. We have bad experience with KHL expansion to Central Europe but it does not mean that expansion will fail in future as well.

Quote:

KHL wanted swedish clubs to join, but they refused it. KHL can not have 10-15 clubs like domestic leagues because KHL needs bigger market - North Europe does not want KHL, so KHL must develop inside Russia. Mayne in future will KHL have less russian clubs if euro clubs wants to join league. Who knows? I personally see scenario like this: clubs from Europe join KHL to have 30-32 teams. Maybe new russian clubs join (Tyumen, Togliaty) or some left and will be replaced by another russian clubs.

Old
05-24-2012, 11:44 AM
ufon68

I understand that, if the move to Prague is just a first step in "westernizing" the league, then i'm all for it. I'm not saying there should be no russian clubs either, of course not, but i want to see a more balanced league which spans over the entire europe, very much like the NHL spans over the NA.

As for LEV and this season, i was wondering what their budget was, then i saw someone post something like 19 mil EURO(or USD not sure) in some other thread, which seems like a lot of money, don't know if that's true at all, but that got me thinking.

I know Jagr doesn't have a contract in the NHL and i know Hasek is looking for a last chance in competitive hockey, any chance Lev might get either of these players ? I mean with 19 mil, they can surely afford them. And that would be an incredible draw for both Lev and the KHL. Then when you throw in some other quality players like Nedved and balance it out with some youngsters, you might have a pretty good team. What do you guys think, is it too far fetched ?

Old
05-24-2012, 11:51 AM
zorz

Quote:
I understand that, if the move to Prague is just a first step in "westernizing" the league, then i'm all for it. I'm not saying there should be no russian clubs either, of course not, but i want to see a more balanced league which spans over the entire europe, very much like the NHL spans over the NA.

As for LEV and this season, i was wondering what their budget was, then i saw someone post something like 19 mil EURO(or USD not sure) in some other thread, which seems like a lot of money, don't know if that's true at all, but that got me thinking.

I know Jagr doesn't have a contract in the NHL and i know Hasek is looking for a last chance in competitive hockey, any chance Lev might get either of these players ? I mean with 19 mil, they can surely afford them. And that would be an incredible draw for both Lev and the KHL. Then when you throw in some other quality players like Nedved and balance it out with some youngsters, you might have a pretty good team. What do you guys think, is it too far fetched ?
Popperle wouldn't sign with them if he wasn't guaranteed no.1 IMO. Jagr, well... anything can happen in free agency, but I think if he was about to go back to CZE, he would go to Kladno.

Old
05-24-2012, 12:01 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
I see you about balanced league. It has one problem in my eyes. Does Europe want it? Look at Sweden - refusal, Czech rep - refusal last year. There are rumours about 3 german clubs, swiss Helvetics - we will see if it will be reality. This june will be meeting about future euro club hockey in Barcelona. I am curious for results.

Quote:

Press-release of HC LEV says it is 19 milions euro. Last season they had 10-11 as I know. I dont think club signs Hasek, HC LEV signed Popperle as projected starter. Jagr - I dont know, tough Q. All depends on his salary. HC LEV will not have problem with maximum of salary cap (cca 28 mil euro) because club“s budget is smaller. And of course, does Jagr want to play KHL or stay in NHL?

Old
05-24-2012, 12:19 PM
ufon68

Quote:
I see you about balanced league. It has one problem in my eyes. Does Europe want it? Look at Sweden - refusal, Czech rep - refusal last year. There are rumours about 3 german clubs, swiss Helvetics - we will see if it will be reality. This june will be meeting about future euro club hockey in Barcelona. I am curious for results.
I believe we do want a single league, of course the small national leagues will try to protect their interests, once there is something like the euro-NHL, be it KHL or some other league of the future , they will see their profits go down because there is a better product in the same market.

Quote:
Press-release of HC LEV says it is 19 milions euro. Last season they had 10-11 as I know. I dont think club signs Hasek, HC LEV signed Popperle as projected starter. Jagr - I dont know, tough Q. All depends on his salary. HC LEV will not have problem with maximum of salary cap (cca 28 mil euro) because club“s budget is smaller. And of course, does Jagr want to play KHL or stay in NHL?
Again, that's a lot of money, any other czech NHL-ers without a contract next season ? This is actually getting interesting.

Old
05-24-2012, 12:25 PM
zorz

Quote:
I believe we do want a single league, of course the small national leagues will try to protect their interests, once there is something like the euro-NHL, be it KHL or some other league of the future , they will see their profits go down because there is a better product in the same market.

Again, that's a lot of money, any other czech NHL-ers without a contract next season ? This is actually getting interesting.
Repik, Spacek, Martinek, Dvorak, Huds, Sykora, Kuba, Kubina, Rozsival.

Voracek too, but he stays in NHL 100%.

Old
05-24-2012, 12:29 PM
ufon68

Quote:
Repik, Spacek, Martinek, Dvorak, Huds, Sykora, Kuba, Kubina, Rozsival.

Voracek too, but he stays in NHL 100%.
Yay thanks, interesting list, sure thing about Voracek, was thinking more along the lines of of the players closer to retirement, some of these names could really get me interested in watching Lev.

Closed Thread