HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Attn: Dark Side Members - I'm taking full credit for this run!

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2012, 07:50 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

vCash: 500
Attn: Dark Side Members - I'm taking full credit for this run!

As many of you know, I'm not exactly a spring chicken. I've been a serious Kings fan since 1973 - and in that time I have spent virtually every moment of those years living and working in Southern California.

This season was different. I've been working a contract job in Charlotte, NC since early December.

I started in Charlotte on Dec 12 - Terry Murray was fired on Dec 12.

The Kings were 13-12-4 before I left - they were 27-15-11 in the regular season since I left plus 12-2 in the playoffs.

I've been gone for most of the season a total of ONCE in 39 seasons - and this is the season that they are doing this?

There is only one clear answer to this anomaly - it must be me.

I will accept any and all donations to NOT come back during the Finals

Are you REALLY willing to risk it? If not, send your checks and cash to PSP c/o your favorite charity.

Don't MAKE me screw up this unbelievable run

Old
05-23-2012, 07:56 PM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

vCash: 50
ROFLMAO PSP....I wanted to take the credit or really give Legion the credit for his near death experience and his come back to see the Kings pull this off

I'm glad you both are here!!!!!!!

Old
05-23-2012, 08:03 PM
TruKingFan
Two-Time Cup Winner

I'm sure that's all in jest and good fun but just say you're wrong and that the cynic in you is gone and you are back to being a Kings fan. That would make more sense. I doubt that you would though.

Old
05-23-2012, 08:12 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruKingFan View Post
I'm sure that's all in jest and good fun but just say you're wrong and that the cynic in you is gone and you are back to being a Kings fan. That would make more sense. I doubt that you would though.
It is all in jest and good fun, but you have to admit that it is a very strange coincidence....

... and I'm not going to say ANYTHING until the season is over - I hope that you understand why.

Old
05-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
It is all in jest and good fun, but you have to admit that it is a very strange coincidence....

... and I'm not going to say ANYTHING until the season is over - I hope that you understand why.
Because you think that anything you do or say will affect the outcome of the Stanley Cup finals?

Kings are 0-0 right now. Nothing they did the last 14 games means anything. Kings will win or lose without knowing anything that was written here.

Old
05-23-2012, 08:28 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Because you think that anything you do or say will affect the outcome of the Stanley Cup finals? .
This power is a blessing - and a curse!

Old
05-23-2012, 08:30 PM
fyrescorp

HAHA! It's funny the stories that have come up since the run started! My buddy and I switched seats after the 1-0 Columbas debacle. The first game I caught a tennis ball and the second game I caught a T Shirt. The Kings are like 10-1 since we changed seats and we are not going back.

Old
05-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
You should really delete this thread

Old
05-23-2012, 09:20 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

He wants to come back?

Burn his house down.

Old
05-23-2012, 10:03 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Old
05-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Mattias

Or Tomd. Or...Kurrilino? Is he in there too?

Old
05-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
PSP, if the Kings win the CUP you gotta use this avatar for at least a little while PLEASE!

Old
05-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Kings man 4 life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
PSP, if the Kings win the CUP you gotta use this avatar for at least a little while PLEASE!
I second the motion!

Old
05-23-2012, 11:06 PM
qBIRD

I must be a troll. I've gone to two playoff games. Anyone care to take a guess at which ones?

Game 4 vs. Vancouver and Game 4 vs. Phoenix.

You all will be happy to know that I plan to stay away and watch from home during the SCF.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:33 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by qBIRD View Post
I must be a troll. I've gone to two playoff games. Anyone care to take a guess at which ones?

You all will be happy to know that I plan to stay away and watch from home during the SCF.
I've been to all the home games except one...game 4 vs the Blues (my sister and her fiance went instead). I think I should stay away from those game 4's too.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:43 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

This is why the haters suck, no matter what they win. Either it's "I Told You So!" or they get to enjoy a Cup and nobody cares what they said in the past. But you just know that if the Kings lost in the first round, the hate choir would be here patting themselves on the back and pushing their predictions in everybody's face.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:50 PM
son of earl

Send a message via AIM to son of earl
Quote:
Originally Posted by qBIRD View Post

go to a game who know when u will be able to go again. Change your own lucky

Old
05-24-2012, 12:29 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

I changed my pokerstars avatar for the first time ever, from the Kings logo which i had been using since 2007, to something non hockey related, just after the trade deadline. I think i take full credit for what is happening

Old
05-24-2012, 03:16 AM
TruKingFan
Two-Time Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
This is why the haters suck, no matter what they win. Either it's "I Told You So!" or they get to enjoy a Cup and nobody cares what they said in the past. But you just know that if the Kings lost in the first round, the hate choir would be here patting themselves on the back and pushing their predictions in everybody's face.
Exactly!!! But you know what? Those of us who've stuck with the teamm ultimately will enjoy whatever success much more - only because the haters and pessimists cannot come in here and pretend they've been supportive of the team. Unless they change their name OR eat their crow and admit they were wrong. PSP and those like him will only do that if the Kings win the Cup it seems. Bandwagoners.

Old
05-24-2012, 03:18 AM
TruKingFan
Two-Time Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Because you think that anything you do or say will affect the outcome of the Stanley Cup finals?

Kings are 0-0 right now. Nothing they did the last 14 games means anything. Kings will win or lose without knowing anything that was written here.
Thats just how PSP makes himself feel relevant with the team he's already written off in his heart and mind.

Old
05-24-2012, 03:22 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
This is why the haters suck
Worst word ever. You sound like a Raider fan.

Who "hates" this team?

I assume you also think for example anyone who disagrees with the President's policies shouldn't be able to celebrate the Fourth of July?

Quote:
Exactly!!! But you know what? Those of us who've stuck with the teamm ultimately will enjoy whatever success much more - only because the haters and pessimists cannot come in here and pretend they've been supportive of the team. Unless they change their name OR eat their crow and admit they were wrong. PSP and those like him will only do that if the Kings win the Cup it seems. Bandwagoners.
First off...do you know what bandwagon even means? What you are calling PSP is not a bandwagon fan, so before you insult someone atleast get the meaning of the insult correct.

I can't speak for PSP but my feelings have always been about results. Sports is all about results. If the Kings win a Stanley Cup then Sutter and Lombardi deserve to stay here as long as they want and Lombardi Hockey works, simple as that. Just like if the Kings had missed the playoffs this year in the sixth season, it was probably time to pull the plug. There is no grey area, you either succeed or you don't. I personally didn't think it would work based on past history, but I have been proven wrong, I am man enough to admit it. But if you think because I doubted DL it makes me any less of a Kings fan after supporting the team for almost 25 years you're not even worth talking to.

Last edited by Herby: 05-24-2012 at 03:30 AM.
Old
05-24-2012, 03:25 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Wow. So any question of any decision management made make you a hater and a bandwagoner. I guess I am a huge bandwagonner for hating the Visnovsky trade , hating the Cammalleri trade , disliking the Hickey pick, hating the Cloutier trade , hating the Moulson release , disliking the Boyle trade, disliking the Scuderi signing (I do love it NOW), etc. I might as well only consider myself not a true fan for not completely and utterly buying absolutely everything that Lombardi was selling. What a joke I am, for questioning even SOME decisions made by management. Clearly they are infallible.

Look at the join date of this guys you question so much. These people were seasoned veterans here when I was noob back in 2006, and that was 6 years ago. They have more then earned their stripes through the bad times, and many have been here Kings supporters since the 70's or 80's. They are loyal diehard fans if their ever have been and although they may be jaded by plenty of Kings failures before makes them no less diehard fans. This is a team that has gone 40+ years with only ONE finals appearance they deserve the pessimism. Hell I have only been Kings fan since 2000 and I a have learned to not expect ANYTHING from the Kings.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 05-24-2012 at 03:48 AM.
Old
05-24-2012, 03:36 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Wow. So any question of any decision management made make you a hater and a bandwagoner. I guess I am a huge bandwagonner for hating the Visnovsky trade , hating the Cammalleri trade , disliking the Hickey pick, hating the Cloutier trade , hating the Moulson release , disliking the Boyle trade, disliking the Scuderi signing (I do love it NOW), etc. I might as well only consider myself not a true fan for not completely and utterly buying absolutely everything that Lombardi was selling. What a joke I am, for questioning even SOME decisions made by management. Clearly they are infallible.
Good post.

People have a very difficult time differentiating between players, coaches and management and love of a team. Had to deal with a ton of ignorant posts like this leading up to the firing of our football coach at Michigan last year, there are certain people who think if you are not 100% all-in with every player, coach or manager that you are not a true fan, supporter, alumni whatever.

In the eyes of people like kingsfan, albi, trukingfan and even apparently docwest anyone who had any questions simply doesn't deserve to relish in this cup run. I personally find it pathetic, but they are entitled to their ignorant opinions, won't stop me from enjoying and hopefully other "haters" like Zad and diehard are also enjoying this run. I fear Johnny_Utah may have given up on the Kings because he doesn't like the new style of hockey, but hopefully he is enjoying if he is watching.

Old
05-24-2012, 03:47 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Worst word ever. You sound like a Raider fan.

Who "hates" this team?

I assume you also think for example anyone who disagrees with the President's policies shouldn't be able to celebrate the Fourth of July?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
In the eyes of people like kingsfan, albi, trukingfan and even apparently docwest anyone who had any questions simply doesn't deserve to relish in this cup run. I personally find it pathetic, but they are entitled to their ignorant opinions, won't stop me from enjoying and hopefully other "haters" like Zad and diehard are also enjoying this run. I fear Johnny_Utah may have given up on the Kings because he doesn't like the new style of hockey, but hopefully he is enjoying if he is watching.
You know exactly what I'm talking about and there is no need to get so dramatic. There were people on this board who almost seemed to take joy in their negative predictions coming true and they kept pointing it out to everybody on this board in a very arrogant way. Now that the Kings are winning, they are nowhere to be found. What does that say about the types of fans they are? That's what I'm talking about when I say "hater".

Now I know that you have been labeled a hater by some and it seems to be a sensitive issue for you, but I don't see you as that "type" of poster. You stuck around and always backed up your opinion. You also never came off as smug about it. I have no problem with people pointing out problems with the team, in fact I did it myself quite a bit. I do have a problem with people who appear to care more about being right than seeing the team do well. That's a big difference.

Old
05-24-2012, 04:31 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
You know exactly what I'm talking about and there is no need to get so dramatic. There were people on this board who almost seemed to take joy in their negative predictions coming true and they kept pointing it out to everybody on this board in a very arrogant way. Now that the Kings are winning, they are nowhere to be found. What does that say about the types of fans they are? That's what I'm talking about when I say "hater".

Now I know that you have been labeled a hater by some and it seems to be a sensitive issue for you, but I don't see you as that "type" of poster. You stuck around and always backed up your opinion. You also never came off as smug about it. I have no problem with people pointing out problems with the team, in fact I did it myself quite a bit. I do have a problem with people who appear to care more about being right than seeing the team do well. That's a big difference.
Tell us how you really feel Doc......

I could really care less if certain people don't want to enjoy this run with us.

If they want to avoid the forums due to whatever, fine that's their choice.

They are missing out on sharing, and chatting about one hell of a run for our Kings.....

Closed Thread