HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers may not be in this position again for many, many years

Old
05-24-2012, 04:27 AM
NHL94com*

vCash: 500
Rangers may not be in this position again for many, many years

Thats the tough part about this. When the Mets lost in 2006, I knew it would be many, many years before they'd get that far again (and of course I was right). And I have the same feeling right now with this Rangers team.

I'd also equate it with meeting a special woman, and losing her. You think "the next one is right around the corner" and then years AND YEARS go by and you just can't meet anyone like that again.

Richards is no spring chicken and there are some older guys on this team. Lundqvist is getting older, too. This may be his last shot at the cup.

I can't believe it. I was so sure the Rangers were heading to the finals. But then again I was also so sure the Mets in 2006 were headed to the World Series. The similar feelings right now are staggering. It feels like 2006 (Mets) all over again. Losing out on a trip to the finals (World Series) to a bitter rival, only to watch helplessly as they win (yet another) title.

I just feel like shooting myself right now. I suffer from depression (real depression) and this is just making it 10 times worse.

NHL94com* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 04:41 AM
Harikkerk

Calm down mate, hold your gun!

It's not over yet.

Harikkerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 04:45 AM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

wait, i thought it was a best of 7 series?

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:17 AM
darko

Even if we get eliminated this team will still be good for a while. Tons of good young players and the only thing that can derail us is if we lose key players due to salary cap.

Your threads are becoming such a drag lately. Chill man.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:33 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL94com View Post
Thats the tough part about this. When the Mets lost in 2006, I knew it would be many, many years before they'd get that far again (and of course I was right). And I have the same feeling right now with this Rangers team.

I'd also equate it with meeting a special woman, and losing her. You think "the next one is right around the corner" and then years AND YEARS go by and you just can't meet anyone like that again.

Richards is no spring chicken and there are some older guys on this team. Lundqvist is getting older, too. This may be his last shot at the cup.

I can't believe it. I was so sure the Rangers were heading to the finals. But then again I was also so sure the Mets in 2006 were headed to the World Series. The similar feelings right now are staggering. It feels like 2006 (Mets) all over again. Losing out on a trip to the finals (World Series) to a bitter rival, only to watch helplessly as they win (yet another) title.

I just feel like shooting myself rig
ht now. I suffer from depression (real depression) and this is just making it 10 times worse.
This is one of the youngest teams in the league. Your concerns are unfounded. They ate not even as good today as they are going to be in the next 2-3 years.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:37 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
This is one of the youngest teams in the league. Your concerns are unfounded. They ate not even as good today as they are going to be in the next 2-3 years.
Yeah, I agree. For a lot of these kids this is their first run at the playoffs.

We have holes that need to be addressed in the offseason. But we will be a MUCH stronger team in the coming years. Especially since we have gone deep in the playoffs and the Ranger brain trust can effectively address what needs improvement.

I mean geesh guys, in one year we went from a 8th seeded bubble team getting bounced in the first round to a 1st place team playing the ECF.

Is that not massive improvement?

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:54 AM
nyrtrublue

look at our d we have now and coming down the pipeline, krieder hagelin, stepan, cally, ani, dubi(yes dubi, he had an off year cut him some slack everyone) and the prospects we have well be fine. I think this playoffs is proving that richards has a solid amount of gas in the tank and take a look at the opposing goaltender from last night hes got hank by 10 years!!! Barring some freakish injury hank still has time on his side

nyrtrublue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:00 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Can someone get some help for this guy?Please.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:02 AM
darko

IMO we are 2 years ahead of the curve right now.

I expected us to make playoffs this season and not do much. Playoffs next season while advancing a round or 2. 2 years from now being where we are now (ECF).

Again that's just my opinion.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:09 AM
Crease

You expect this Rangers team to be cursed with injuries for the next few years? This team and the 2006 Mets are absolutely nothing alike. The only constant is your pesimissm.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:17 AM
Rangers4Life74

considering we werent even supposed to make it this far,what more do you want?ths isnt their last chance by any means.Sather will hopefully go out and steal us another sniper and we will be right back next year armed and even more dangerous.

besides,this season is not over yet.no reason at all we cant win game 6 and bring it home for 7.some of you guys need to step down off the ledge

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:35 AM
bubba5

Do we still have a game on Friday?

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:40 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Do we still have a game on Friday?
It's a Rangers countdown in 60 marathon, actually...

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:43 AM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

No. We are going to be better..... Were the youngest team in the nhl... Experience like this is great. Where going to be better next year, in excited for the future. But right now were in the ecf for me to think that atm

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:49 AM
WeWillWinTonight

After we won wasn't there a thread titled "the rangers are only going to get better" lol

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:56 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight View Post
After we won wasn't there a thread titled "the rangers are only going to get better" lol
You could take this thread to mean that there won't be an opportunity again for a while where BOS, PIT, VAN, CHI, etc. teams that give the Rangers a lot of trouble bow out unusually early.

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:57 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL94com View Post

I just feel like shooting myself right now. I suffer from depression (real depression) and this is just making it 10 times worse.
this makes zero sense

the 2006 mets were built around Glavine, Pedro Martinez and Billy Wagner all 35 and older. Delgado and Floyd were also older players.

The 2012 NYR are not built around this kind of core. The 1994 team was.

If you want to be depressed go ahead and do so, but base it on reality.

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:58 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight View Post
yes absolutely, I started that thread and its even more true today than it was when I first posted it

NY will be better next season

The blueline especially !

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 07:10 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

they might not be in this position again for a few years because they'll sweep the first 3 rounds. for the next four years.

once again i'm left saddened... WHY CHERE!!!! WHY!!!

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 07:21 AM
DekeR

Considering what was expected from this team at the beginning of the season and what has actually transpired-IT"S ALL GOOD.
Sure we are an incomplete team, sure there will be personnel changes and sure there will be players brought up from the system to improve this team.
But to suggest that this team won't make it to the top is overboard. Regardless of the outcome of this season, this young team is on a learning curve to do some good things in the near future and not just for one season.

DekeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Graves94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
You could take this thread to mean that there won't be an opportunity again for a while where BOS, PIT, VAN, CHI, etc. teams that give the Rangers a lot of trouble bow out unusually early.
Exactly! Rangers will be better next year and for years to come, but so will the teams mentioned above.

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 07:32 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Geez, it's a 7 game series, and last night our best player was lousy for the first time. The rest of the team was awesome, outplayed the devils for most of the game.

I'm optimistic about Friday.

like I was 18 yrs ago.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 07:47 AM
WeWillWinTonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
yes absolutely, I started that thread and its even more true today than it was when I first posted it

NY will be better next season

The blueline especially !
I agree with you but my point is when we win it's all rainbows and sunshine but when we lose it's the worlds end on these forums.

The rangers will be in this position for many years, they are not going to be a bottom team now because they went to ECF and lost (not even done yet).

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:03 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
we dominated boston this season (didn't we sweep series or come close?). pits is the only one of those teams that worried me tbh.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:07 AM
AndThereGoesGrabner

Pitt, Boston, Philly, & Ottawa are also young teams with better high end talent!

AndThereGoesGrabner is offline   Reply With Quote