HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hypothetical Situation(Hossa)

Old
05-22-2012, 05:28 PM
H a w k s

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
yea lets sell stalberg, the 20 ES goal, 40 ES pt player on a sub 1mil contract when we don't have anyone who can step in for him yet. Wasn't aware we were in rebuild mode.
He's a UFA next year. He either has a huge year and likely walks when we can't afford him or he has a terrible year and the question is do we still want him anyway?

It's not a rebuild type move it's getting top value for a guy. This isn't a leddy type situation

H a w k s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:46 PM
Paul Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by H a w k s View Post
He's a UFA next year. He either has a huge year and likely walks when we can't afford him or he has a terrible year and the question is do we still want him anyway?

It's not a rebuild type move it's getting top value for a guy. This isn't a leddy type situation
They can sign him to an extension this summer, before a potentially big season for him

Paul Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 06:38 PM
H a w k s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Allen View Post
They can sign him to an extension this summer, before a potentially big season for him
That probably means the hawks view him as a top 6 which probably means a 4-5 mil type player that means he's now probably part of the core over probably someone like sharp.

Old
05-22-2012, 06:41 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
Quote:
That probably means the hawks view him as a top 6 which probably means a 4-5 mil type player that means he's now probably part of the core over probably someone like sharp.
What?

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 06:57 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Sign me up for the re-sign Stalberg bandwagon. He seems to enjoy being a secondary option more than facing top defensive pairings. That, money, and a chance to win are three things the Hawks have going for them when it comes to UFA time.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 07:20 PM
madgoat33

Depends on how much he wants. I also don't think you can negotiate a new contract with a full season remaining per the CBA, but I'm not positive.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 09:20 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Allen View Post
The hawks were in caphell because tallin screwed up the offer sheets for versteeg and buff. And because tallin campbell wasn't worth the 7.1mil cap hit. Parise would be worth his hit. If we needed to trade away a big money contract in a few years, keith or sharp would make sense, especially if our prospects develop well. You can never have too many good players.
Buff was signed well before the the qualifying offer mess.

Versteeg was signed for $3M which was FMV.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 09:55 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Phhh. Sign the best you can get then figure out the cap.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 12:53 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Disagree on Leddy, also on Toews and Kane, Also Bolland who very might be gone if guys like McNeill and Danault are ready. Stalberg is probably gone anyway (time to sell on him)
you think Leddy will get more than 4 million 2-3 years from now?
You think Kane & Toews will have a higher Cap Hit than 8.3 million a year?
If Bolland is traded in this case, that would mean our young and cheaper guys replaced him
I didn't even include Stalberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
Phhh. Sign the best you can get then figure out the cap.
the Flyers way to do it really worked out well for them

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:18 PM
H a w k s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
you think Leddy will get more than 4 million 2-3 years from now?
You think Kane & Toews will have a higher Cap Hit than 8.3 million a year?
If Bolland is traded in this case, that would mean our young and cheaper guys replaced him
I didn't even include Stalberg
Yes because if they don't it likely means he gets sheeted.

I tend to think so but it's depends on this FA market. If Suter or Parise get a 7.5mill type deal it's very likely.

Yes cheaper players will replace Bolland. Not arguing with there.

Stalberg: He's gone because he's going to be want to be paid like a top six next fall.

I don't see him signing a under 2.25 AAV type deal and unless you think he's a new member of the core I don't think you resign him to be a third liner at over 2.25 AAV

Old
05-23-2012, 03:29 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Leddy should be getting signed this offseason to something like a 2 year 2.5M per extension. If we wait and he racks up points again, we probably won't get that kind of a deal.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I think I'd rather wait and see how Stalberg does this next year before re-signing him. We can't afford to have another Frolik/Crawford situation on our hands.

He'll be an UFA, but it seems like he really enjoys it here and has worked his way up the roster into more responsibility. If he wants to re-sign here, I would be willing to pay a little bit more knowing that his 20/20 season last year wasn't a fluke.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 04:32 PM
Paul Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post
I think I'd rather wait and see how Stalberg does this next year before re-signing him. We can't afford to have another Frolik/Crawford situation on our hands.

He'll be an UFA, but it seems like he really enjoys it here and has worked his way up the roster into more responsibility. If he wants to re-sign here, I would be willing to pay a little bit more knowing that his 20/20 season last year wasn't a fluke.
We could always extend him mid year. He just needs some refinement, he's got the wheels, size, and is a good forechecker. just needs to be more aggressive with his shot

Paul Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

He's got all the tools, but there's a lot of players like that who don't put it all together. After re-signing Frolik to a 2+ million contract after a good playoff series and 2 years of 20/20/40 for a different team, I'm not sold on re-signing players who don't seem like a sure thing.

Even Crawford at 2.3 after one good season seems like a gamble that may not pay off. To me, we shouldn't be gambling on new contracts anymore... let's sign them to what they're worth, when they're worth it.

So if Stalberg can a more consistent season and put up 20g, 20a again next year... I'd gladly pump a little extra money to keep him here. I hope he does, because he really proved me wrong this past year and I've come to really like what he brings to this team... but only if he continues to bring it.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 09:03 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

If we're not trading Stalberg then we should resign him next season before he hits the FA market.

Would you rather have him be a $2.5 cap hit or a 3.75 cap hit?

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 12:47 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Yes because if they don't it likely means he gets sheeted.

I tend to think so but it's depends on this FA market. If Suter or Parise get a 7.5mill type deal it's very likely.

Yes cheaper players will replace Bolland. Not arguing with there.

Stalberg: He's gone because he's going to be want to be paid like a top six next fall.

I don't see him signing a under 2.25 AAV type deal and unless you think he's a new member of the core I don't think you resign him to be a third liner at over 2.25 AAV
Leddy will sign his 2nd contract as RFA, he doesn't have much power to ask for more than 3.5 million

If those 2 UFAs sign for 7.5 a year, why could Toews & Kane end up with more than 8.3 a year?

Old
05-24-2012, 02:39 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
If we're not trading Stalberg then we should resign him next season before he hits the FA market.

Would you rather have him be a $2.5 cap hit or a 3.75 cap hit?
Or he signs the deal and pulls a Frolik on us. I'd rather just wait until he shows he can do it again and maybe even do it well against teams not named the Blue Jackets. If that means they end up paying a tad more, then so be it.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:36 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

VS is a tough choice to make