HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Game 5

Old
05-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Onion Boy

vCash: 500
So which player is gonna step up to make the game 6 guarantee? Someone's got to do it.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:26 AM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Boy View Post
So which player is gonna step up to make the game 6 guarantee? Someone's got to do it.
We'll Win Tonight- Mike Rupp

nyrleetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:28 AM
Jersey Girl

Mike Richter was absolutely spectacular in game six in Jersey. Without him we lose that game 6-2. One of the best goaltending performances in a pressure situation EVER!

Hank, you have big skates to fill here. Make it happen!

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:31 AM
nyrleetch

Any word on MZA? We could use him for game 6.

nyrleetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:38 AM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Mike Richter was absolutely spectacular in game six in Jersey. Without him we lose that game 6-2. One of the best goaltending performances in a pressure situation EVER!

Absolutely. Richter's performance in the 2nd period is one of the greatest forgotten moments in Ranger history because it happened to occur during Messier's guarantee. Kovalev was also incredible that game.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:44 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post

THIS

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:45 AM
fitchjr1

vCash: 560
I'm still relatively numb from that game. Ugh. But I mean, if this team can play the way it did for the middle 40 mins of the game, then there's still a shot. The Rangers just cannot afford to come out flatfooted the rest of the series. But if the top lines keep getting outworked and outplayed by the Devils' 4th line....well, we'll be seeing them shaking hands Friday.

fitchjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:51 AM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
Any word on MZA? We could use him for game 6.
I respectfully disagree. The Rangers problem on the PP has to do with entering the zone. If they did that, MZA would be a tremendous asset because his biggest asset is puck movement and distribution on the PP. If they can't even get in the zone to setup, MZA serves little purpose.

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:55 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Just think of how much sweeter it will be to beat the Devils in 7 games again.

That fanbase may never recover from that.

Rangers have come back from 3-2 before.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:55 AM
nevesis

Hank will be at his best. So will the rest of the team. Backs against the wall, they didn't come this far to cower and cave in.

You will see the true heart, and soul of the New York Rangers tomorrow night.

They will win.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:59 AM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Hank will be at his best. So will the rest of the team. Backs against the wall, they didn't come this far to cower and cave in.

You will see the true heart, and soul of the New York Rangers tomorrow night.

They will win.
1994: Messier guarantees victory in Game 6.
2012: Nevesis guarantees victory in Game 6.

Hey, I will take anything at this point.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:59 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Just think of how much sweeter it will be to beat the Devils in 7 games again.

That fanbase may never recover from that.

Rangers have come back from 3-2 before.
They have and we saw that if they play desperate hockey, they can dominate the Devils. It's a matter if they can do that for 120 minutes.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

I blame Michael Del Zotto. Awful decision to take the body rather than play the puck behind the net. Two guys came, one came away with the puck, bada boom bada bing, 4-3 Devils.

DZ had an awful game for the 2nd straight game. He has cost us big time. I know his grandmother died, but if he can't concentrate because of it, he shouldnt be playing as much as he has been.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:06 AM
Ail
k.

I am gonna lol so hard if they come out flat again. True heart and soul of the Rangers is playing for 20 minutes and hoping it is enough to make up for 40 minutes of atrocious, mind boggling hockey.

This team probably has less 60 minute efforts this year than average G/G.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:07 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Anyone have any quotes from players from last night? Want to hear their perspective.

Old
05-24-2012, 09:13 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Boy View Post
Messier has more talent in his pinky than this entire team combined. We have NO ONE capable of doing what Messier did that game.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Dangleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
There was one around 409 or 410 too, who got very ballsy and started flipping everyone.

I don't get it, if I was at the Rock, I would be happy I won and just leave. I really have a hard time understanding that some of these devils fans didn't realize that if they sit there and flip off ranger fans, after a loss like tonight, at msg they were putting themselves in danger.

Not to mention security did just an awful job of preventing some of these fights, you could see this coming at the start of the third, they should of been removed from their seats prior to the altercation
There were a few Devils fans sitting in 409 if I remember correctly. You wanna stand up and cheer when your team scores? That's fine with me. But then I saw them turn around and start yammering with the Rangers fans sitting around them. Next thing you know they get their ***** beat, justifiably so in my opinion.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:14 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The Rangers need more depth. The Hawks signed Hossa to that long term contract in 2009 and then they didn't have the money to re-sign all of ther quality 3rd and depth players because the cap didn't increase much and they had so many players up for contracts. They haven't won a playoff series since winning the Cup in 2010. They are too top heavy and lack depth. The Rangers need to be careful in what they do this summer with the CBA expiring in 3 plus months. Look at the Hawks team which won the Cup and the current team. The top guys can be shut down in the playoffs. Improve the roster from #1-#23. Make sure you have enough $ to re-sign your own players with cap not increasing from the current $64.3M upper limit.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Synergy27

All of these parallels to 1994 are absurd. We give Devils fans **** for having an inferiority complex, but hell, it really is time to stop talking about the past.

You want to know why I'm still holding out hope? It's because this team just played its best game of the series. It's because this team just spent an entire game on the forecheck, creating offense and forcing the Devils to make mistakes. It's because this team didn't look tired and beaten down because of a season that has been a long and exhausting one. It has nothing to do with what my childhood idols accomplished almost two decades ago.

These Rangers have what it takes to win two games in a row. They are not intimidated by the Rock and they will forget last night without a problem.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:18 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

First, let me say that that one hurt last night. I am skeptical they can beat the Devils at the Rock tomorrow night, but I hope they prove me wrong.

The thing that pissed me off last night was that even though Lundqvist sucked, the Rangers had the heart to battle back but when they tied it they took their foot off the gas pedal. NJ pushed back and the Rangers didn't compete at the same level they did when they tied the game.

They were stupid enough to get complacent and they got burnt.

I started to really get into the game but to lose like that felt like I got punched in the gut. This is the first time this year I feel like this team might not be able to step up and get it done. I truly hope I'm wrong.

05-24-2012, 09:20 AM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastly115 View Post
Messier has more talent in his pinky than this entire team combined. We have NO ONE capable of doing what Messier did that game.
Not to mention that you had 2 other incredible players as well. Leetch and Richter. Not to mention a supporting cast of Kovalev, Zubov, Graves, etc.

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:33 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
First, let me say that that one hurt last night. I am skeptical they can beat the Devils at the Rock tomorrow night, but I hope they prove me wrong.

The thing that pissed me off last night was that even though Lundqvist sucked, the Rangers had the heart to battle back but when they tied it they took their foot off the gas pedal. NJ pushed back and the Rangers didn't compete at the same level they did when they tied the game.

They were stupid enough to get complacent and they got burnt.

I started to really get into the game but to lose like that felt like I got punched in the gut. This is the first time this year I feel like this team might not be able to step up and get it done. I truly hope I'm wrong.
I feel the same way.

Old
05-24-2012, 09:39 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
Not to mention that you had 2 other incredible players as well. Leetch and Richter. Not to mention a supporting cast of Kovalev, Zubov, Graves, etc.
While I have been saying how this series is over, this is also not the same Devils team as in 94. That 94 Devils team would wipe the floor with this Rangers team.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Thus is the trials and tribulations of a young team. You have to learn how to walk before learning how to run. Last season's regular season compared to this years was walking to running. This season's post season is walking to next season's running?

Chicago lost in the WCF before winning the Cup with their young core (Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook). Pittsburgh lost in the Cup finals before winning it all with their young core (Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Fleury, Letang). Same with Boston. Same with Philly when they had Richards and Carter even though they didn't win the Cup, they are close to right now on LA.

This is the furthest the Rangers core has ever gone (Hank, Cally, Dubi, McDonagh, Staal, Girardi, MDZ, Anisimov, Dubi, Stepan, etc..) It's not hard to think that this team has a bright future going forward and that this season has been a great learning experience for the players on the roster.

Sometimes you have to lose to learn what it takes to win big games. Hopefully it comes quickly after this game and they take it and win game 6 and 7. If not, they take it and learn from it and go at it again next season with so much big game experience on the team.

Fatigue took affect tonight around the 9 minute mark of the 3rd. After taking all that energy over 45+ minutes of play, they looked A LOT slower at that point in time. When you dig yourself a hole, it takes that much more to come back and it can take a lot out of the team even if they make it as far as tying the game.
I could not be more honest in saying that reading this made me feel better. I know and I know theyre young and next year they will be even better, but after that loss last night and a few...dozen beers (just kidding..but it was a bunch) I was sitting in my chair feeling sorry for myself. I even woke up pissy. I just really want this year to be our year. Next year can be our year too .

I'm honestly (and people can call me what they want) did not think we were going to get past the first round. After we did my hopes sky rocketed and i remember how this team has played all year and how long we were at the top of everyone. The Rangers were actually this scary team that other teams were afraid to play. Now...we've fallen back down and the Devils not only smell blood but they can taste it and we seem to be bleeding out now with 9 goals against in two games. I know this is a learning experience and one of our best offensive players is a rookie straight out of college who hasn't seen NHL ice in his entire life. Our stars disappeared and even Hank seems to have given up.

I know we can still win 2 straight and get ourselves to the finals, but right now my stomach feels like i was dumped last night by my girlfriend. oh God i sound pathetic right now but that's how i feel.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:42 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
All of these parallels to 1994 are absurd. We give Devils fans **** for having an inferiority complex, but hell, it really is time to stop talking about the past.

You want to know why I'm still holding out hope? It's because this team just played its best game of the series. It's because this team just spent an entire game on the forecheck, creating offense and forcing the Devils to make mistakes. It's because this team didn't look tired and beaten down because of a season that has been a long and exhausting one. It has nothing to do with what my childhood idols accomplished almost two decades ago.

These Rangers have what it takes to win two games in a row. They are not intimidated by the Rock and they will forget last night without a problem.
Comparing this team to a team that played when freshmen in college were born smells of desperation. It's pathetic.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote