HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

ECF: Devils troll the Rangers in Game 5, win 5-3 and take 3-2 series lead

Old
05-24-2012, 08:20 AM
Devilswiss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilcake View Post
Last night i set my alarm at 01:58 am so i could watch the game here in sweden. I forgot to set it on vibrate so my gf got pissed. I got up and the game started, my devils got of to a sweet start with 3 quick goals against the hated lundquist. Suddenly a monster awoke and started screaming:
- i cant go back to sleep, I hate u u *******. I curse u and your team hope they lose. Slams door to bedroom.
I quietly think, damn u women when i c prust score....fortunatley it ended well for my devils. My gf is still pissed tough.
Haha, I'm lucky that my biggest problem is being tired all the freakin' time. Did watch every game of the Philly- and this series. I haven't had a normal sleeping rythm for weeks now.
But it's all worth it.

I sure hope Brodeur will have a stronger game Friday and the team has to play more consistent. We seem to always dominate in the first period, just to play way worse in the second. Really thought we'd lose the game after the Rangers tied it. So, big props to Gio and Mr. Mustache for winning it!

Devilswiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:21 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 50
Now that I got another look at it, I think it was Zubrus's skate that hit Callahan's skate and caused it to move. I thought it was weird that cutting in front of the net from the right side that you would cross your left skate over like that, but it looks to me like Zubrus put his skate down to battle for position and it knocked Callahan's skate to the side.

Watch Zubie's right skate:

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:22 AM
Semak

Kicking rule is way too vague and leaving it up to refs to call it good or not then have Toronto find conclusive evidence to overturn it is asinine. What game was it when Pete got all over the ref for calling it a good goal but Toronto overturned it?

BTW, if they had lost after tyin it with that crap goal how long would it have taken for some dumb poster to say that was vindication for the disallowed goal in the 1 - 0 game?

Semak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:23 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
I wish Marty would have taken the penalty instead of giving up that ridiculous goal!

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:25 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

‏@TGfireandice

Kovalchuk ($100 million contact) hit on forecheck + Stephen Gionta (career minor leaguer) pass + Ryan Carter (waiver pickup) = winning goal.

Old
05-24-2012, 08:26 AM
GameSeven
ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Selleck View Post
Um, does anyone know what happened to Muttley?

That guy hates the Rangers more than anyone. Come to think of it, I don't even remember him posting during the NJ/PHI series either.
I believe Muttley has gone the way of the *

GameSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:27 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
‏@TGfireandice

Kovalchuk ($100 million contact) hit on forecheck + Stephen Gionta (career minor leaguer) pass + Ryan Carter (waiver pickup) = winning goal.
That's an awesome point. Shows you how little ego there is right now on this team. Guys are just doing work.

Old
05-24-2012, 08:28 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

@TalkingRed

On the Carter goal it was a Russian & 2 American's on the ice & it's the Russian who does the hard work for the goal? #donttellthemedia

Old
05-24-2012, 08:28 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Now that I got another look at it, I think it was Zubrus's skate that hit Callahan's skate and caused it to move. I thought it was weird that cutting in front of the net from the right side that you would cross your left skate over like that, but it looks to me like Zubrus put his skate down to battle for position and it knocked Callahan's skate to the side.

Watch Zubie's right skate:

It's pretty evident to me that he saw the puck coming his way, knew he had no shot at knocking it in with his stick, so he turned his skate to deflect the puck. When you send some snow flying, that's because you are breaking but he didn't break to stop on a dime, he braked to cause a deflection.

Maybe I'm bias but that's how I saw it.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:32 AM
Richer's Ghost
You are reading this

vCash: 425
Quote:
‏@TGfireandice

Going down to block shots too. He couldn't skate worth a damn but he was trying to contribute. I hated seeing him double shifted with no legs but I'll be damned if he didn't throw a check to create the GWG.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:36 AM
Semak

Nah, Zubrus' skate would not have caused it to move that much, that distinct and have it spray that much ice from the heel of the skate. He was gliding with the right and kicking with the left.

Old
05-24-2012, 08:39 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

I'm really surprised that Zajac is beasting it up. For someone who missed a massive portion of the regular season, he's playing real well and is probably our most constant forward thus far.

P.S. What's the price for a average ticket for fridays game? I want to go real bad but all of my friend are dead broke!!!

Old
05-24-2012, 08:42 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Kovalchuk looked pretty bothered by the groin last night. But he was a huge part of two goals plus the empty netter.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Semak

And you know what, enough with this not disallowing a home team's goal crap. The NHL prides itself as the league that gets it right with instant replay, so, get the damn call right.

Sexual Chocolate!

Old
05-24-2012, 08:46 AM
MartyForVezina
Aspiring 1%er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semak View Post
And you know what, enough with this not disallowing a home team's goal crap. The NHL prides itself as the league that gets it right with instant replay, so, get the damn call right.
*cough* Parise's tying goal with 2 seconds left OVERTURNED *cough*

MartyForVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:46 AM
GameSeven
ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
It's pretty evident to me that he saw the puck coming his way, knew he had no shot at knocking it in with his stick, so he turned his skate to deflect the puck. When you send some snow flying, that's because you are breaking but he didn't break to stop on a dime, he braked to cause a deflection.

Maybe I'm bias but that's how I saw it.
Yeah, it's the head tracking the puck that damns it for me. Also, as far as Zubie's skate nicking Callahan's, RC initiates the contact by lifting his skate and his knee bumps Zubrus's causing DZ to brace his lower leg.

But the initial motion of Callahan's skate coincides with his head tracking the puck and, IMHO, places it in the path to purposely redirect it. Also, it would seem to be an unorthodox placement of the skate, in front, if he were trying to stop in the vicinity.

But with the missed offsides on our second goal and the arguable high stick on our first, I knew the Callahan goal would stand. Also, I think Gaborik could have been called for interference on the Rangers third goal.

Zubrus getting high sticked late was an egregious missed double minor too.

Overall, an inconsistently officiated game but that's no real surprise given the stakes and the history of the playoffs so far.

GameSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:48 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
Kovalchuk looked pretty bothered by the groin last night. But he was a huge part of two goals plus the empty netter.
This.

He wasn't dominant for the entire game but he made the big plays when we needed them the most.

Old
05-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Quote:
I wish Marty would have taken the penalty instead of giving up that ridiculous goal!
Yup. Or since it was on the line, couldn't he have just fired it against the boards?

Whatever. I'm sure that won't happen again.

Both teams got some puck luck last night, but every single one of the Rangers' goals came from it. That won't happen every game.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Bondys Champagne
Who dey

I couldn't watch the game because of work but wow, crazy night. I woke up at 2.30 and the Devils lead 2-0 which got me all excited. Then a friend of mine who watches NBA streams at night wrote via WhatsApp that the Devils lead 3-0 and I was ready to scream I barely could fall to sleep again and I woke up another time at around 4am and the it was tied at 3. I was so angry Then I went to HFBoards on my phone and the first post I saw was "Carter scores lololol" and I was just fist-pumping haha Then I watched the last minutes of the game and the Parise EN via smartphone. No problem falling to sleep that time.

Really the Devils dictate my life

Bondys Champagne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:52 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Devils are going to have to make some changes. I noticed the Ranger Defensemen not collasping as much last night. They played higher in their zone. So, the Devils need to get the puck deep and let their fowards do the work and our D may not be able to pinch as much. We will see....Can't wait.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:54 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
Also, I know that feel OP. I had an exam this morning but pulled an all nighter for Devils hockey anyway
I really do admire the dedication of European Devils fans who stay up. I don't think I could do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
The captain with 5 points in the last 2 games....nice.
He's been huge in the last two games. Everyone was critical because he wasn't stepping up, well clearly he is now producing and he's a big reason why we lead in the series.

Quote:
@TalkingRed

On the Carter goal it was a Russian & 2 American's on the ice & it's the Russian who does the hard work for the goal? #donttellthemedia
I loved seeing Kovy get rewarded for finishing his check on the forecheck. Maybe he'll do it more often now.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:54 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Listening to team990 blasting the Rangers for their pathetic style of play is music to my ears.

They are praising DeBoer like you wouldn't believe and they're saying that Pete's system is something every team should duplicate, unlike that collapsing ******** the Rangers utilise. Our top players are playing real well and our depth players are even better... the same can't be said for the Rangers and if we want to call a spade a spade, the Devils should be practicing for a matchup against the Kings as we speak if it wasn't for Lundqvist and the performance he pulled off in game #3.

****ING RIGHT !!!!!

Old
05-24-2012, 08:57 AM
hlaverty06

Marty scored for them and cally kicked it in and we still won!!

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:58 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

I felt like the Rangers spent most of the game playing our system. Definitely took a lot out of them.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:58 AM
Richer's Ghost
You are reading this

vCash: 425
lol Gio is so...

short.

Yeah sit down finger boy.

Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote