HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECF: Devils troll the Rangers in Game 5, win 5-3 and take 3-2 series lead

Old
05-24-2012, 10:00 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Yeah sit down finger boy.

He's even got a special little hat on...how cute!

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:02 AM
GameSeven
ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
I felt like the Rangers spent most of the game playing our system. Definitely took a lot out of them.
And then we beat them at their game. It's like the Rangers tied it up and then resorted back to the "tie game in the third period, we got this, mentality", but this time we got the opportunistic goal that deflated the opponent.

GameSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:05 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

During the game, I called #17 a "horse face". My buddy, who isn't a big fan of the game, asked me who I was calling horse face. A couple of seconds after his comment, Dubinsky's face showed up on the tube and he immediatly said "That has to be the guy you're talking about and if he isn't, he should be".

Made me laugh for about a full minute

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:06 AM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

What's the 4th line's nickname? The Cabbage line??

I still think the Crashline was better. but this is a close 2nd.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:07 AM
martyisgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
During the game, I called #17 a "horse face". My buddy, who isn't a big fan of the game, asked me who I was calling horse face. A couple of seconds after his comment, Dubinsky's face showed up on the tube and he immediatly said "That has to be the guy you're talking about and if he isn't, he should be".

Made me laugh for about a full minute
haha before the game, they put Dubinsky's face on the screen when they were talking about him returning to the lineup. My wife, who likes the Devils because I do, doesnt really follow hockey. She turns to me and says, didnt you have that haircut in 4th grade? Made me chuckle

martyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Semak

Gotta love that pretty much everyone on NBC and NHL.com/NHL Network is saying game 7. Yes, yes, keep NJ as the underdog, just what we want and need.

Semak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:08 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
A fun little recap from last night: http://devilsarmyblog.com/2012/05/24...le-in-midtown/

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:11 AM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

1994 game 5 was different. That game we dominated. Same with game 5 vs. Colorado in 2001.

I think last night was like game 5 in 1995 vs. the Flyers. Blow a lead then score a goal late to break the hearts of the home crowd.

Hopefully game 6 tomorrow will be like game 6 in 1995 vs. Philly.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semak View Post
Gotta love that pretty everyone on NBC and NHL.com/NHL Network is saying game 7. Yes, yes, keep NJ as the underdog, justt what we want and need.
I was listening to the CBC pannel and they were all saying that NJ were getting dominated after 40 minutes and blablabla. We've been dominating the entire freaking series and no one gave us any credit but when the Rags have two straight solid periods, it's all about dominance and being a powerhouse.

I guess that's what happens when you play a big market team.

Old
Semak

Why can't I find any pressers?

Old
05-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
I felt like the Rangers spent most of the game playing our system. Definitely took a lot out of them.
Knowing that they came so close to a miracle comeback, and fell short, must be very psychologically damaging for them. Hope it destroys their confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOfLeisure View Post
What's the 4th line's nickname? The Cabbage line??

I still think the Crashline was better. but this is a close 2nd.
Cabbage Line is pretty good. I think someone else came up with "The Expendables", and Sherry Ross was promoting "CBGB Line".

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Semak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyForVezina View Post
*cough* Parise's tying goal with 2 seconds left OVERTURNED *cough*
I meant in the playoffs smarty pants.

Quote:
I was listening to the CBC pannel and they were all saying that NJ were getting dominated after 40 minutes and blablabla. We've been dominating the entire freaking series and no one gave us any credit but when the Rags have two straight solid periods, it's all about dominance and being a powerhouse.

Screw it, its fine. NJ plays better when they are under appreciated.

Old
05-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
herecomethepretzels

vCash: 300
Oh and Gionta's post game presser was awesome. He's a class act (not surprising) but really did the family name proud and graciously accepted comparisons to his brother as a huge compliment and also credited the Devils organization as truly being a family with all the family ties of brothers playing on the team coming up through the system. Pandolfo, Zajac, Parise, etc... It was nice and he was grinning ear to ear.

Pie can't compete with cake. Put candles in a cake it's a birthday cake. Put candles in a pie, someone's drunk in the kitchen. - Jim Gaffigan
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Stigy

Just wanted to pop in here and say hi! New here, long time Devils fan and stumbled across here by accident at work one day.

My friend said everyone on WFAN is stating the Devils were outplayed last night and they thought after the Rangers tied it up they would take the game since they were home. They are actually giving the Devils a lot of credit for the win last night.

So excited for Game 6 -- wish I could go. My Facebook friends already hate me for my Devils posts and I think I've made a few enemies, but it feels so good.

Stigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:18 AM
GameSeven
ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Quote:
Oh and Gionta's post game presser was awesome. He's a class act (not surprising) but really did the family name proud and graciously accepted comparisons to his brother as a huge compliment and also credited the Devils organization as truly being a family with all the family ties of brothers playing on the team coming up through the system. Pandolfo, Zajac, Parise, etc... It was nice and he was grinning ear to ear.
I'm beginning to cringe when they ask him about his brother all the time, to be honest. Dude's doing tremendous work. Focus on that. But, as you said, he handled the questions like a boss. Good for him.

GameSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
herecomethepretzels

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigy View Post
Just wanted to pop in here and say hi! New here, long time Devils fan and stumbled across here by accident at work one day.

My friend said everyone on WFAN is stating the Devils were outplayed last night and they thought after the Rangers tied it up they would take the game since they were home. They are actually giving the Devils a lot of credit for the win last night.

So excited for Game 6 -- wish I could go. My Facebook friends already hate me for my Devils posts and I think I've made a few enemies, but it feels so good.
Welcome! You've got good taste I can see - Devils fan plus you like Top Gear.

Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:21 AM
JimEIV

When you get a win largely on the backs of your bottom 6 it is the top six responsiblity to come out and perform their absolute best the next game. I'm look at you Patrik!

JimEIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Stigy

Quote:
Welcome! You've got good taste I can see - Devils fan plus you like Top Gear.
HAHA thanks - the best show on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
When you get a win largely on the backs of your bottom 6 it is the top six responsiblity to come out and perform their absolute best the next game. I'm look at you Patrik!
But the fourth line has done it for us over and over again. It's always a good sign when your fourth line wins games for you. Imagine if if our top line showed up and played hard. They'd be unstoppable.

Stigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Harrison Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
It feels good to be a Devils fan today...

The couch has never been so comfy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
That's an awesome point. Shows you how little ego there is right now on this team. Guys are just doing work.
Doing work for each other as well. Great to see. We got this.

Harrison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:25 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Patrick has been invisible for the most part of our playoff run. As long as he doesn't cost us a game, we have a group of guys in our bottom 6 that will pick up the slack if need be and that always plays a huge part of whoever wins the cup.

This team is firing on all cylinders atm. Our forecheck is deadly, we are playing with the puck rather then chasing it and that makes a massive difference.

Old
05-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:

It is kind of annoying, but the Devils seem to do best as an underdog. Hopefully they'll prove all the media types predicting rooting for a Game 7 wrong by closing it out in 6.

Quote:
Ya, Patty scored, but he didn't have a very good game. Hopefully breaking the slump will help him play better in the future.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:28 AM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigy View Post
But the fourth line has done it for us over and over again. It's always a good sign when your fourth line wins games for you. Imagine if if our top line showed up and played hard. They'd be unstoppable.

I'm a firm believer in that in order to win you need a different hero every night.

The unlikely heroes always seem to be the most likely in the playoffs but your regular contributors need to contribute.

Old
05-24-2012, 10:29 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
The second goal was defintely kicked in by Cally but he did it nonchalantly that there was no way Toronto was going to take a goal away from the home team.
If that was "nonchalant" I'd love to see "obvious", because his skate comes about 16 to 20 inches forward for the puck.

Quote:

P.S. What's the price for a average ticket for fridays game? I want to go real bad but all of my friend are dead broke!!!
About a Red seat in Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSeven View Post
But with the missed offsides on our second goal and the arguable high stick on our first, I knew the Callahan goal would stand. Also, I think Gaborik could have been called for interference on the Rangers third goal. Zubrus getting high sticked late was an egregious missed double minor too.

Overall, an inconsistently officiated game but that's no real surprise given the stakes and the history of the playoffs so far.
Last night's officiating was pretty poor, the only reason it's not being slagged as much as some of the other bad games, is that both teams got completely screwed fairly equally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
Devils are going to have to make some changes. I noticed the Ranger Defensemen not collasping as much last night. They played higher in their zone. So, the Devils need to get the puck deep and let their fowards do the work and our D may not be able to pinch as much. We will see....Can't wait.
That happened in Game 4 too, but I'm not convinced it's a change, I just think the Rangers cant go into their 100% defensive system when they're losing, let alone losing by 2 or 3 goals.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Harrison Ford

Quote:
That post goal grin combined with the arm raise after every goal scored by his line makes me feel all goooey inside. What a great story.

For the regular season, is he still here though? I think it all depends on if we keep Bernier or not, and/or if the coaches feel like they don't need an enforcer in the game.

Harrison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:30 AM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Ya, Patty scored, but he didn't have a very good game. Hopefully breaking the slump will help him play better in the future.
That is what I'm hoping for....Those kind of goals have a tendency to start a roll...And a hot Elias is a successful NJ team.