HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bobby Kinsella (USHL) joins Habs' scouting dept

Old
05-24-2012, 10:11 AM
EmelinHipCheck

vCash: 500
Bobby Kinsella (USHL) joins Habs' scouting dept

http://www.cjad.com/Blog/HabsNews/bl...tryID=10386507

First official move by Bergy. Straight out of the USHL. Discuss.

EmelinHipCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Protest the Hero

Apparently it's a good move, so I approve. This guy originally scouted Pacioretty it said in the article.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing View Post

Anyone who saw talent in pacioretty at a young age is good in my books

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing View Post

I wish some of the fans on this board would stop acting as though the USHL produced nothing but toxic waste.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Bienvenue au Club De Hockey Canadiens Mr. Kinsella

Does he speak french?

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:20 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post

Does he speak french?
If he doesn't speak french I will be writing a personal letter to Messieur Geoff Molson about this outrage.

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:21 AM
AreYouHockey

Awesome! This man looks like a good addition.

AreYouHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:

Does he speak french?
As often as he has to when watching games played in Oklahoma or Nebraska.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:25 AM
TinordiandSubban

Does that mean Matheson in the second? Or trade up for Zemgus "The Latvian Locomotive" Girgensons?

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:30 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Can never have too many scouts, seems like a solid addition.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:30 AM
EmelinHipCheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I wish some of the fans on this board would stop acting as though the USHL produced nothing but toxic waste.
I seriously hope you're not talking about me here..

EmelinHipCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:33 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
Does that mean Matheson in the second? Or trade up for Zemgus "The Latvian Locomotive" Girgensons?
Matheson with our late 2nd would be beautiful.

No on Girgensons unless he is available in the 2nd.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Coldplay
Courage

We totally own the USHL, excellent.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:39 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
We totally own the USHL, excellent.
But unfortunately on draft day we are going to have to listen to those morons on RIS say un autre joueur des colleges Americains. On n'aurait pus repecher Jean-Francois.....

That is the only thing I hate about draft day 2, no one covers it and we are stuck listening to those clowns who know nothing about prospects

Old
05-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
But unfortunately on draft day we are going to have to listen to those morons on RIS say un autre joueur des colleges Americains. On n'aurait pus repecher Jean-Francois.....

That is the only thing I hate about draft day 2, no one covers it and we are stuck listening to those clowns who know nothing about prospects
Alain Chantelois:

"J'peux toujours pas croire qu'on ait choisi un gars comme Matheson que personne connait au lieu d'un ptit gars d'chez nous, Bergevin avait promis lors de la conference de presse pour son engagement quil répecherait plus de joueurs Québécois!"

I can already hear that in my mind.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Alain Chantelois:

"J'peux toujours pas croire qu'on ait choisi un gars comme Matheson que personne connait au lieu d'un ptit gars d'chez nous, Bergevin avait promis lors de la conference de presse pour son engagement quil répecherait plus de joueurs Québécois!"

I can already hear that in my mind.
Yup see that coming from miles away

We should all Email TSN and tell them to cover the draft on day 2

Old
05-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:

Well, on day 2, I usually put my TV on RIS (maybe RDS2 this year, I suppose), but I follow all the rounds here and on nhl.com and tsn.ca, the information is way more credible...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Well, on day 2, I usually put my TV on RIS (maybe RDS2 this year, I suppose), but I follow all the rounds here and on nhl.com and tsn.ca, the information is way more credible...
I know, it would be nice to have TSN show some stuff and talk about the 7 Canadian teams and their picks. I'm sure people would tune in

Old
05-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
I know, it would be nice to have TSN show some stuff and talk about the 7 Canadian teams and their picks. I'm sure people would tune in
Most probably. If only Stephane Leroux had interest in anything else but the QJMHL, the RDS crew would perhaps shut up once in a while... somehow, in a sarcastic way, I can't wait to see who will be on the show. If I see Michel Bergeron and/or Gaston Therrien... (and I will rant, I know)

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Most probably. If only Stephane Leroux had interest in anything else but the QJMHL, the RDS crew would perhaps shut up once in a while... somehow, in a sarcastic way, I can't wait to see who will be on the show. If I see Michel Bergeron and/or Gaston Therrien... (and I will rant, I know)
Leroux isn't that bad and besides QJMHL he actually knows names being drafted. The others just need to bash the Habs and have no clue on the player they just selected

Old
05-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Matheson with our late 2nd would be beautiful.

No on Girgensons unless he is available in the 2nd.
Well we do have the 32nd overall pick (assuming Devils relinquish their 1st). It's not impossible though unlikely.

I like how both the moves we've heard Bergevin make (Dudley and Kinsella) improves scouting. I like this direction.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 05-24-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

True. Yet, with all the scouts and the attention that we give to the US system, we should have better results than what we are having, whether it's from the draft or the UFA's. While Philly got Matt Read, while Florida got Jason Garrison, we got Brock Trotter.

I'm a big NCAA hockey fan and believe we should draft immensely from that system. But we need to do better than that and if the Kinsella hire makes us do that, the better it is. Still, we ALSO need to do better in the Q than what we are doing. And it's not because Chantelois or Drapeau may be total idiots that it means the Q shouldn't be scouted better and have more guys doing it.

So if the guy is indeed great, well that's awesome news. And scouting is the way to go and we are addressing this. I guess it's the honeymoon.....and it's not yet about results on the ice...but we already are seeing some great results so far. And some more to come.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Well you don't listen to Leroux if you think that way. Leroux is indeed a pro-Q 'cause that's the league he follows. Like me who is a pro-Q and pro-NCAA. It doesn't mean that we don't have interest elsewhere and Leroux knows players outside of the Q. And Leroux has ALREADY stated PLENTY of time that some Q players he doesn't like, and I don'T remember which one, Perron or somebody else, but Leroux even DEFENDED the Habs organization for a guy they didn't pick and is doing well in the NHL saying that at the time it wasn't a pick to be made.

But true. Leroux speaks more highly of players and league he follows. Strange concept I guess to talk about something you know more....Leroux would made an awesome Q scout.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
True. Yet, with all the scouts and the attention that we give to the US system, we should have better results than what we are having, whether it's from the draft or the UFA's. While Philly got Matt Read, while Florida got Jason Garrison, we got Brock Trotter.

I'm a big NCAA hockey fan and believe we should draft immensely from that system. But we need to do better than that and if the Kinsella hire makes us do that, the better it is. Still, we ALSO need to do better in the Q than what we are doing. And it's not because Chantelois or Drapeau may be total idiots that it means the Q shouldn't be scouted better and have more guys doing it.

So if the guy is indeed great, well that's awesome news. And scouting is the way to go and we are addressing this. I guess it's the honeymoon.....and it's not yet about results on the ice...but we already are seeing some great results so far. And some more to come.
I 100% agree on that. I'm all for drafting the best Quebec players, I hate just as much as others seeing players like Giroux or Marchand, Krejci and Perron doing well elsewhere. But in the end we still need to draft the best player and those guys like you say are just there to bash Timmins and the Habs.

Old
05-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Well the thing about college UFAs is they have to want to sign with Montreal too. It's not enough to just have interest in the player, which for all we know, they had.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote