HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

our special teams suck!

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2003, 05:34 PM
ducky

vCash: 500
our special teams suck!

3 PP goals against already...just waiting to be outscored on our own powerplay again!@##@^& :mad:

Old
11-25-2003, 04:20 AM
CoyoteBaloney

That's why it is important for the Coyotes to stay out of the penalty box. Their PK isn't very good so they have to stop using it.

Old
11-25-2003, 05:09 AM
ulf

that's a brilliant idea ....how about we improve the pk to a respectful # so we can play an agressive intimidating game[so no one wants to play against us] instead of some tenetive brand of hockey cause we can't afford a penalty.

Old
11-25-2003, 06:21 AM

Even when the PK was boasting respectable numbers, I've been saying all season that this PK is killing us. It's not like we have won a lot of games anyway, so you can always point to the PK saving us in those cases, but in our losses, you are seeing multiple PPG's scored. It's not like the play that causes these penalties it giving the team energy as it is. They just fall flat from the PP goals as a result.

Old
11-25-2003, 09:54 AM
roadrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteTony
That's why it is important for the Coyotes to stay out of the penalty box. Their PK isn't very good so they have to stop using it.
Are they really not very good or are they just overworked? I'm thinking the latter, as the Dogs lead the NHL in times short handed.

Those two calls against Burke for delay of game...man, that was a brutally tough break. And who put the banana peel under Mara's skates?? Damndest thing I've seen all year! Mara: "I've got it! Wait...what am I doing on my butt?"

Old
11-25-2003, 09:56 AM
CoyoteBaloney

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner
Are they really not very good or are they just overworked? I'm thinking the latter, as the Dogs lead the NHL in times short handed.

Those two calls against Burke for delay of game...man, that was a brutally tough break. And who put the banana peel under Mara's skates?? Damndest thing I've seen all year! Mara: "I've got it! Wait...what am I doing on my butt?"
The PK is really not that good. Like the scoring lines the Coyotes have a decent #2 PK unit but no real #1 PK unit.

Closed Thread