HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers may not be in this position again for many, many years

Old
05-24-2012, 09:55 AM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
I'm pretty negative after big losses.

But we will be in this position again. Really really soon. And we'll be beating teams in 6 and 5 games instead of 7.
When we end as a 5th seed next year at best and bow out in the first round, I'll think of this post and laugh. EVERYTHING broke right for this team and they still choke. ****** franchise is ******.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:57 AM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroyg View Post
the problem is the nhl playoffs are such a crapshoot. in the nba you can pretty much guarantee the top 2 or 3 seeds are gonna make the conference finals. that aint the case in hockey. so while we should finish near the top of the standings the next couple years, that doesnt mean we're gonna get this far again. we could have easily lost in the 1st round this year after almost winning the presidents trophy. could be another 15 years before we get to 6 wins away from the cup, gotta take advantage of this opportunity. the boys better not be in "it was a great year and we'll be better next year" mode.
Agree 100%..and with the cap, we will have a tough time keeping McD, MDZ, Staal and Girardi as our core 4..those 4 guys may eat up about $15 mio or more in cap space in a couple of years.

MessierIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:24 AM
mooskating
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
9-3 against the Bruins the last 3 years.

Pitt gives us major problems
the teams are completely different over the past 3 years. past year we did fine. that's all that mattered this year. next year they could change too or we could change too, but that goes for ALL teams in the league. boston's still one of the least of my worries (more scared about chara headhunting with his slapper)

mooskating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Cliffy1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
Agree 100%..and with the cap, we will have a tough time keeping McD, MDZ, Staal and Girardi as our core 4..those 4 guys may eat up about $15 mio or more in cap space in a couple of years.

These are probably the points the guy who started this thread meant to make although he obviously failed.
Absolutely no guarantees this team is better. Things happen in sports. We had a relatively injury free year. Our top two defensemen logged thousands of minutes while blocking thousands of shots yet never got hurt. You can almost guarantee that won't happen again.

While I understand the thought process, let's at least wait until it's over before we lament how we let a great opportunity pass by.
This team has done everything possible this year. They answered the bell last night in a way I was not sure they were capable of, they just didn't get the bounces and Hank was off.

There is no reason not to believe.

Cliffy1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Shakezilla
Rookie User

edited.

Shakezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Rismus Rastulainen

Waiting for someone to create a new "Biggest game since '94?" thread again

Rismus Rastulainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Vitto79

hey way to put out a big time negative thread which is complete bull crap

sure they may not get to this spot in the next few yrs, who knows but the team is extremely young and should get better

Do I need to even go into how young the D is, the fact that the top two LW are rookies............Hank will still be great for yrs to come.............anyways this season is not over, 94 all over again baby!

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Lundsanity30

What? we have a very young team and will just get better. Especially if we add a Parise or Nash in off season

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:56 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
What? we have a very young team and will just get better. Especially if we add a Parise or Nash in off season
We might get better, but so might other teams. This division was so close that we may end up with 4th place finish in it.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:56 AM
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove

I doubt Pittsburgh is playing golf after Rd.1 next year...

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:57 AM
mooskating
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurajoki Ranger View Post
Waiting for someone to create a new "Biggest game since '94?" thread again
"Biggest Game Since 2012" or "Biggest Game Since Last Week"

Old
05-24-2012, 11:02 AM
mooskating
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
They have been terrible in Newark and the Devils have been great. No reason to think that it'll be a repeat of last night. They're done.
did you not see game 3? ROFL. by far worst reasoning i've ever seen.

Old
05-24-2012, 11:06 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Did I take a time machine back to 1997 for this thread?

This team has a window to compete, and this experience will be a good one for a young team no matter what happens.

Oh yea, they also have a chance to even up the Eastern Conference Final tomorrow night.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:14 AM
mark11

i agree with the OP, you never know when the next chance will come

following a team, for a long number of years, especially what the rangers have done the last 15, these chances don't come around often

sure they have a young core, but the pens/flyers/bruins will probably all make it pass round 1 next year and be stronger, we are facing a team we can beat, 2 wins away from the finals

if we lose tomorrow it will sting big, who knows when we will be this close again

rangers fans of 5 years or less imo don't understand or appreciate this run, this doesn't happen every year, iv had to suffer 15 years to get to this point and who knows how long again

mark11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:17 AM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
This is one of the youngest teams in the league. Your concerns are unfounded. They ate not even as good today as they are going to be in the next 2-3 years.
This.

/thread.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:18 AM
EEDAWGZ

Stop taking the ECF for granted , we were there in 97 , and you all know what happened after that.

Rangers in 7

Last edited by EEDAWGZ: 05-24-2012 at 11:33 AM.
EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
I'm pretty negative after big losses.

But we will be in this position again. Really really soon. And we'll be beating teams in 6 and 5 games instead of 7.
That's a big take away from all of this, IMO.

You can't blow opportunities the way the Rangers have in a Cup run and expect to advance. The Rangers have made this whole experience extra ordinarily difficult. And this is the point they will have to drive home to themselves again and again after this play off is done. Win or lose.

No cup run will ever be easy....it's just that if the Rangers had maintained their focus and commitment at some critical points (easier said then done I know) , they would already be playing in the final.

It's an experiential thing though. A shared experience that a young team has to go through. The Rangers will either implode and break apart.....or come together much stronger as a unit.

I see them coming together.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:20 AM
Lundsanity30

I've been suffering since 1994 watching this team, but this team is young and has a great core, has a good defense, and a great goalie. We just need another scorer or two and this team will be VERY GOOD. Nobody expected this run this year.

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:24 AM
njdevil26

I don't like posting here... but chill out! First off, this series is far from over. Regardless of how this series ends, you have a super young team. Kreider is only going to get better, your defense is fantastic and Girardi is by far the oldest of your "big 4" and he's only 27. If you want to learn something from Brodeur, it's that Lundqvist is only 29-30 I think and should have another 10 years of stellar goaltending.

Somewhere in the past three years Sather got his crap together and realized what it takes to build a good team. He's done a great job. Erixon is going to get better and be a force for you guys. You could legitimately have 5 AWESOME defensemen next season. Even I have to say that the Rangers are going to be VERY strong for years to come.

njdevil26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:30 AM
mooskating
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
I don't like posting here... but chill out! First off, this series is far from over. Regardless of how this series ends, you have a super young team. Kreider is only going to get better, your defense is fantastic and Girardi is by far the oldest of your "big 4" and he's only 27. If you want to learn something from Brodeur, it's that Lundqvist is only 29-30 I think and should have another 10 years of stellar goaltending.

Somewhere in the past three years Sather got his crap together and realized what it takes to build a good team. He's done a great job. Erixon is going to get better and be a force for you guys. You could legitimately have 5 AWESOME defensemen next season. Even I have to say that the Rangers are going to be VERY strong for years to come.
I DONT LIKE YOU POSTING HERE OUTLANDER!! :shakefist:
but at least you're right.

Old
05-24-2012, 11:33 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

Lundqvist is 30 ****ing years old.

Why is it only on this forum that people for some reason think 30 is "getting older" for a goalie? Hank can easily have 5+ more great years in him.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
If you want to learn something from Brodeur, it's that Lundqvist is only 29-30 I think and should have another 10 years of stellar goaltending.
Bad example. Brodeur's stellar goaltending stopped five years ago lol.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:36 AM
EEDAWGZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Bad example. Brodeur's stellar goaltending stopped five years ago lol.
Lol , at the Gaborik goal

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 12:08 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEDAWGZ View Post
Lol , at the Gaborik goal
C'mon, goalies give up some stinkers every so often. In Brodeur's prime during the 2003 Stanley Cup Finals, he gave up this beut:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bbRPK6sz2o

I can't embed, sorry... I suck at teh internets.

Last edited by MortUWary: 05-24-2012 at 12:25 PM.
MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 12:10 PM
-31-
portnor, pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Lundqvist is 30 ****ing years old.

Why is it only on this forum that people for some reason think 30 is "getting older" for a goalie? Hank can easily have 5+ more great years in him.
Because this forum is emo, and this team happens to have a 30 year old goalie.

If he was 21, we would express concern that he is not 19 anymore.

-31- is offline   Reply With Quote