HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Part IV | Marlies vs Admirals | MARLIES HEAD TO THE CALDER CUP!

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2012, 08:01 AM
Interactif

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
I am really interested in hearing just what it is ailing colborne besides the finger, he doesn't look anything close to normal.

Was he even taking draws ?
I thought he has looked a little better this series, but it is always interesting to see who are the players shining in the playoffs. Guys that you may not expect, Dupuis, D'amigo, Deschamps, Fraser, Holzer, Scott, Acton. Some guys will make the show, some won't.

Old
05-24-2012, 08:38 AM
pspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgro View Post
Gotta love seeing a marlies article on the front page of the star sports section. The coverage they been getting this playoffs has been awesome
Just shows you how badly this city wants a winner

Winning will solve a lot of problems with the teams vs media/fans

Kind of why Burke just needs to keep his mouth shut and get a winning team on the ice to do his talking.

Eakins would have been great with a young team

Old
05-24-2012, 08:56 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Okay enough with the Marlies in Toronto Discussions here.

This is about the Marlies games not some petty, sore loser thread.

This is the Leafs and Marlies site.

If you are a fan of other teams and wish to cheer on those teams please visit their forums.

Thanks, and have a nice day.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.

Last edited by ULF_55: 05-24-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old
05-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Gberg

They should really look into doing the calder cup finals at the ACC. At least the weekend games.

I've been to some playoff games this year, and the humidity is absolutely killing the ice. It looks terrible. I'm sure they could get 10k for weekend games at the ACC. That would be enough.

To those saying we can't fill the 20k, yeah.. no ****. It doesn't have to be completely full, but 10-12k for weekend games would be great. More importantly, it gives the team a chance to play on much better ice, and get some more exposure.

Old
05-24-2012, 12:11 PM
sniper81

i wonder if kadri or zigo will be back tomorrow, we played well defensively last night but the offense was not the same without them

Old
05-24-2012, 12:15 PM
mix1home

My impressions from last game:
- Colborne was fine. He was engaged physically when he had the chance and took draws. Problem was that his linemates constantly iced the puck and should stay out there for longer.
- Scrivens pretty much was the reason they got W, except the complete inability of OCB to defend.
- Marlies capitalized on few chances (rebound and soft goal).
- OCB carried the play, but were mostly on outside. Marlies D looked NHL caliber against AHL team. Fraser was great. Holzer no doubt is ready for NHL. Some passes he made, man, I don't see those often even in NHL. So steady.
- Gardiner created second goal and had other moments.
- Fans were great. Danis did not felt comfortable in our end as fans bothered him all the time (oh, fun!), allowed softy and was changed. ha-ha.

Old
05-24-2012, 12:34 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Originally Posted by mix1home View Post
- Colborne was fine. He was engaged physically when he had the chance and took draws. Problem was that his linemates constantly iced the puck and should stay out there for longer.
- Scrivens pretty much was the reason they got W, except the complete inability of OCB to defend.
- OCB carried the play, but were mostly on outside. Marlies D looked NHL caliber against AHL team. Fraser was great. Holzer no doubt is ready for NHL. Some passes he made, man, I don't see those often even in NHL. So steady.
- Fans were great. Danis did not felt comfortable in our end as fans bothered him all the time (oh, fun!), allowed softy and was changed. ha-ha.
Colborne defensively was in the right places at times, however rarley controlled the puck, rarely committed himself to the play, and had zero offensive spark. He probably carried the puck once the entire game. Scrivens made 1 or 2 really difficult saves, the rest were extremely low percentage shots from the points and the half boards. Marlies shut down players were absolutely on fire.

Crowd was great.

Old
05-24-2012, 12:35 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper81 View Post
i wonder if kadri or zigo will be back tomorrow, we played well defensively last night but the offense was not the same without them
Mirtle tweeted that its starting to sound like Kadri will miss a portion of the cup finals if the marlies advance.

Old
05-24-2012, 12:59 PM
sniper81

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Mirtle tweeted that its starting to sound like Kadri will miss a portion of the cup finals if the marlies advance.
ya i just searched it and he also said it was a rumour and the team hasnt said much... hopefully he doesnt miss much time

Old
05-24-2012, 01:43 PM
RedRenegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Dragon 81 View Post
Don't know why people are still bothering to argue with Frankie... it's like playing chess against a pidgeon. You can be a master player, but the pidgeon will just randomly knock pieces down, **** on the board and strut around like it's the victor.
Well done sir, well done.

Just to keep things on topic here, go Marlies! If they play any games at the ACC in the finals I'll be more likely to go. It's easier to get to and from there with Union being so close.

Old
05-24-2012, 01:58 PM
InterceptSchenn
Good Evening MrFrost

Are the finals televised?

Old
05-24-2012, 02:04 PM
CodeBlue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterceptSchenn View Post
Are the finals televised?
Assuming the Marlies make it to the final, I imagine LeafsTV would be airing the games. Maybe TSN too.

Old
05-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Liminality

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Not liking the sound of that, or all these injuries to be honest.
I hope the Marlies still have enough offence for the rest of the playoffs if they continue to be injured. The Marlies got pretty lucky last game imo and Scrivens needs to continue to be lights out.

Old
05-24-2012, 04:39 PM
DevinH2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by mix1home View Post
Lol yea... I was right behind Danis in the second and he was not having a good time. We were all heckling the **** out of him. We thought maybe him being pulled in the third might have had something to do with him getting harassed.

Old
05-24-2012, 06:01 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinH2004 View Post
Lol yea... I was right behind Danis in the second and he was not having a good time. We were all heckling the **** out of him. We thought maybe him being pulled in the third might have had something to do with him getting harassed.
hahaha. i was in front of the Danis hecklers.

his soft goal killed OKC.

Old
05-24-2012, 06:03 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I thought he has looked a little better this series, but it is always interesting to see who are the players shining in the playoffs. Guys that you may not expect, Dupuis, D'amigo, Deschamps, Fraser, Holzer, Scott, Acton. Some guys will make the show, some won't.
Deschamps Mania is spreading.

Old
05-24-2012, 07:32 PM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
hahaha. i was in front of the Danis hecklers.

his soft goal killed OKC.
i was sitting with devinh there and we just ****ing killed poor Danis, or as we called him Dennis haha. hope we weren't too loud and obnoxious

Old
05-24-2012, 07:38 PM
DevinH2004

LOL my favorite was "Dennis, your 35 years old playing net for the Oklahoma Barons, get a real job".... Then ten minutes later someone looks him up on their iphone. "So he's only 31" ahahahhaha

Old
05-24-2012, 07:46 PM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinH2004 View Post
LOL my favorite was "Dennis, your 35 years old playing net for the Oklahoma Barons, get a real job".... Then ten minutes later someone looks him up on their iphone. "So he's only 31" ahahahhaha
just throw **** at the wall and hope it sticks, he's still a scrub!

Old
05-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

hahah sounds like you folks had a blast

05-24-2012, 11:17 PM
conway902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
a petty, lame personal shot because you have no other argument. i'd say something back to you, but i have no idea who you are.

do you have anything to say about the topic?

there's no evidence that having the farm team in the same city actually helps the leafs. simply saying, "if you can't see the benefits, you're stupid", isn't evidence. and if it was such a big help, every team would have done it by now.

after 7 years with no positive results, you'd think people would have given up on this myth by now. but i don't think its ever going away.
Burke has said it has helped him sign"free wallets" as leafs farm team was in toronto so they didnt have to worry about bouncing from one city to another if they are called up to the nhl. They could buy a condo and not have to worry about moving unless they are traded.

They also can have one Goaltender coach work with Ahl and Nhl(not that this has worked for us)

I think the reason most teams don't do this is because most cities cant support an NHl and AHL team.

Old
05-25-2012, 12:05 AM
blueNwhite89

any official word on kadri's status for game 5?

Old
05-25-2012, 12:05 AM
leafsfuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by conway902 View Post
Burke has said it has helped him sign"free wallets" as leafs farm team was in toronto so they didnt have to worry about bouncing from one city to another if they are called up to the nhl. They could buy a condo and not have to worry about moving unless they are traded.

They also can have one Goaltender coach work with Ahl and Nhl(not that this has worked for us)

I think the reason most teams don't do this is because most cities cant support an NHl and AHL team.
Not necessarily that.

I think its more ownership. If im not mistaken, most AHL clubs arent owned by their NHL parent. This means that the company (or person) that owns an AHL club has their own profits and expenses to worry about.

MLSE on the other hand owns both the Leafs and Marlies so if the Marlies run a loss than they can merely make it up through the Leafs. As Burke said, the Marlies dont make $, but since the Leafs profit makes up for it.

If an AHL team isnt owned by the NHL team owner they dont have that luxury

Old
05-25-2012, 07:42 AM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by conway902 View Post
this makes no sense. this would be so low on the list of factors considered by a potential "free wallet", it would barely even register.

Quote:
the winnipeg jets' goalies coach worked with the st. john's icecaps goalie all year long. big distance between winnipeg and st.john's.

Quote:
nah, they'd all take a financial loss on the farm team, if it meant helping the parent team be successful. that'd be a no-brainer.

Old
05-25-2012, 07:55 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Okay enough with the Marlies in Toronto Discussions here.

This is about the Marlies games not some petty, sore loser thread.

This is the Leafs and Marlies site.

If you are a fan of other teams and wish to cheer on those teams please visit their forums.

Thanks, and have a nice day.

Closed Thread