HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I can't wait

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2003, 07:00 AM
glimradnor

vCash: 500
I can't wait

I can't wait for Oates to be in the lineup. I think Rod's play-by-play might go something like this:

"Oates passes to Hemsky...Hemsky back to Oates...Oates over to Hemsky...Hemsky passes behind the net for Oates...Oates looks in front and gives it to Hemsky...Hemsky back to Oates...Oates looking around...gives to Hemsky..."

Seriously though, it will be pretty cool to see him as an Oiler.

Old
11-25-2003, 07:08 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by glimradnor
I can't wait for Oates to be in the lineup. I think Rod's play-by-play might go something like this:

"Oates passes to Hemsky...Hemsky back to Oates...Oates over to Hemsky...Hemsky passes behind the net for Oates...Oates looks in front and gives it to Hemsky...Hemsky back to Oates...Oates looking around...gives to Hemsky..."

Seriously though, it will be pretty cool to see him as an Oiler.
This joke - which is actually mine from the start - is used up. I think it's been posted 4-5 times on this board and the trade board.

Still funny thouhg.

Old
11-25-2003, 08:15 AM
goldenchild

I think people need to temper their ideas of how effective Oates will be early on. I mean when guys that hold out come back it can takes a few eeks never mind a guythat's 40 years old that hasn't been on skates for months. I think that Oates and Lowe expect him to be at his best after All-Star break in the second half, Oates himslef has said that is when he expects to really pay dividends. That being said it will still be fun to see him in Oiler silks.

Old
11-25-2003, 10:21 AM
glimradnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
This joke - which is actually mine from the start - is used up. I think it's been posted 4-5 times on this board and the trade board.

Still funny thouhg.

Sorry dude, I haven't been here much lately. I've only had time to skim the Oates threads.

Old
11-25-2003, 11:02 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

I was about to take credit for that joke, I musta used it 2 months ago, when The Oile were struggling offensively. but I guess we can all take credit for it.

cfrn news sais he might play today, and hes a day time decision, they also say he will be the oldest player to ever dress in an oiler uni.

Closed Thread