HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Zuccarello

Old
05-24-2012, 01:09 AM
thewaitingisover

vCash: 500
Who would sit for Zuc?

When people thought he might of played tonight, I was reading Anisimov. But AA looked good tonight and for damn sure is more of an offensive threat than say, Rupp.

thewaitingisover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:23 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
IMO Rupp has had two good games in a row. The Rangers arguably had their best game of the series tonight, at least in terms of offense. Hard to fight instinct and go with the same lineup, but I think the guys that skated tonight and the line combos give us the best chance to win Friday.

A few bad mistakes (blown coverage onthe 4th goal...McDonagh's silly attempt at a deke that lead to the 3rd goal, MAYBE Stepan and Del Zotto both going to hit Gionta on the first goal) and some bad bounces/breaks(no call high stick on Stepan that was a major factor in the Gionta goal happening, bad bounce on the 2nd goal, callahan somehow hitting the outside of the post on the powerplay, Gaborik missing a wide open net, etc.) did us in tonight. The effort was there, and they were making a living in the Devils zone all game.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:27 AM
evilllempire*

Send a message via AIM to evilllempire*
Zucc needs to be in. With Dubi back and his excellent board play.....Rupp is expandable. Rupp OUT.....Zucc IN. That makes us more lethal offensively....and we WILL NEED THAT going into the ROCK.

evilllempire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:56 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Rupp
Stepan
Feds
Hagelin

Pick your poison, plenty to pick from...

realisticly it should be Rupp..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:03 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

we needed 4 pack lines tonight.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:58 AM
nyrtrublue

did hagelin play with zucc on the whale? cuz if they had chemistry that could help spark him up hopefully

nyrtrublue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:02 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrtrublue View Post
did hagelin play with zucc on the whale? cuz if they had chemistry that could help spark him up hopefully
Yes he did, and they played great together. Mitchell was on the same line. Chemistry was real good.

IMO Hags should be in top line with Richards and Gaborik, but a third line with Dubinsky-Anisimov-Zuccarello would be a great 3rd line.

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:11 AM
nyrtrublue

i wouldnt mind that line but hagelin hasnt really been earning top line minutes this series, especially when he missed gionta coming from the bench on that 4th goal i cant see torts letting that slide. hagelin played great with mitchell earlier in the year i wouldnt mind seeing

anisimov stepan gaborik (proven chemistry)
krieder richards cally(our best 2 playoff forwards and the captain)
hags mitchell zucc(dont shoot me for throwing him on our third line when most ppl want him scratched)
dubi-boyle-feds(one helluva shut down line)

i feel like that lineup gives us alot of balance. I hate taking out prust especially for mitchell but i think it gives us alot of scoring depth and chemistry, we might as well dress 5 d and use him on the penalty kill since torts only gives his 6th d like 3 minutes a night any way lol

Last edited by nyrtrublue: 05-24-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old
05-24-2012, 06:23 AM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrtrublue View Post
i wouldnt mind that line but hagelin hasnt really been earning top line minutes this series, especially when he missed gionta coming from the bench on that 4th goal i cant see torts letting that slide. hagelin played great with mitchell earlier in the year i wouldnt mind seeing

anisimov stepan gaborik (proven chemistry)
krieder richards cally(our best 2 playoff forwards and the captain)
hags mitchell zucc(dont shoot me for throwing him on our third line when most ppl want him scratched)
dubi-boyle-feds(one helluva shut down line)

i feel like that lineup gives us alot of balance. I hate taking out prust especially for mitchell but i think it gives us alot of scoring depth and chemistry, we might as well dress 5 d and use him on the penalty kill since torts only gives his 6th d like 3 minutes a night any way lol
those bottom 2 lines just made me throw up.you seriously are putting Mitchell back into the lineup?really?and you're breaking up the Cally,Artie and Dubi line and moving Dubi down to the 4th line?

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:44 AM
nyrtrublue

yeah hes probably not 100% and most likely not in game shape so dubi can ease his way back in. Im not a big mitchell fan but i think playing hags with him and zucc would get him going. Mitchell played very well with hagelin before torts moved him into the top 6, they have solid chemistry I dont think you can deny that. Add zuccs playmaking and skill to that line and i think theyd be solid. I could also see that being the 4th line and giving hags pp and pk time

Old
05-24-2012, 06:51 AM
RGF

zuc is not capable of playing this type of hockey after being out for so long. He is small and physical forwards would be preferred on lower lines in my opinion. Puck possession. Zuc gets rubbed off easily along the boards. Id rather play mitchell than zuc

RGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:52 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
No to Zucc. But if I see Bickel again, I'm gonna lose it.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:35 PM
NYRKindms

he said he is ready to go if called upon

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord

Zuccarello says he's ready to play if needed.

NYRKindms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKindms View Post

I can't see Torts sitting anyone in the current lineup for Zuccarello at this point. But, what a story it would be if he plays and somehow comes up with a huge goal to force game 7.

Edit: actually, since Del Zotto plays as a forward most of his shifts anyway, Zuccarello can just take his spot! Problem solved!

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKindms View Post

i would call on him.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:39 PM
frankthefrowner

Hagelin for Zucc... I think Hagelin hit that Rookie wall a while ago. Get some Fresh legs in there.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
Hagelin for Zucc... I think Hagelin hit that Rookie wall a while ago. Get some Fresh legs in there.
Hagelin's legs are still fresher than anyone else's on the team, hell, anyone else left in the playoffs.

This was a joke right?

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:44 PM
OverTheCap

With the defensive lapses and blown coverages last night, I'm not sure Torts would trust Zuke at the moment.

And while Hagelin has been disappointing, he certainly shouldn't be a healthy scratch. Maybe give him less minutes and take him off the top line.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:50 PM
frankthefrowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Hagelin's legs are still fresher than anyone else's on the team, hell, anyone else left in the playoffs.

This was a joke right?
No hes not beating anyone to pucks at this point. Which to me nullifies his usefulness as he doesnt have the hands to make up for it.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Opponents have figured Hags and Stepan in the playoffs a long time ago - so getting a relativly unknown playmaker who plays with his heart on his sleve, doesn't back down, throws his body around, scores and makes tape to tape passes in dangerous areas can ONLY help at this point..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Rust Heisenberg

He NEEDS to be inserted tomorrow. It's actually a necessity. If we go down early, which we very well might, we need as much offensive potential as we can get. Torts needs to understand that, otherwise we may be looking at much of the same.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:24 PM
FOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I can't see Torts sitting anyone in the current lineup for Zuccarello at this point. But, what a story it would be if he plays and somehow comes up with a huge goal to force game 7.

Edit: actually, since Del Zotto plays as a forward most of his shifts anyway, Zuccarello can just take his spot! Problem solved!
Actually, with the defensive lapses and missed coverages the 4th line had yesterday with the limited playing time they had, I can see Zucc in over Rupp. They need scoring and Zucc can help on the PP. Rupp has put in some OK minutes, but his biggest contribution was punching Brodeur.

FOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:30 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

i like the idea of playing zucc right now. adds another potential threat. either keep him to add threat to the bottom or put him in a top 6 role with kreider/stepan or richards...

zucc could prob play d better than mdz :giggle:

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Graves94

I think Hagelin should be off the top line, because although he brings speed and hustle on that line, his production doesn't warrant top line minutes at this point. However, I would def keep him in the line up, and put Zucc in for Rupp. My reasoning is that since both will play 4th line minutes (6-8 mins), Zucc will be more valuable because he plays on the PP, and Rupp plays no special team minutes.

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 04:37 PM
NickyFotiu

Feds has 1 goal in 19 games. He is the guy Torts benched to play Zooks earlier this season.

Mitchell has 1 point in 18 playoff games

Rupp has 0 points in 19 playoff games

Prust has 2 points in 18 playoff games

Hagelin has 3 points in 16 playoff games

Boyle has 6 points in 19 playoff games

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote