HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Kesler Unhappy?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-24-2012, 02:04 PM
  #51
crazycanuck
Registered User
 
crazycanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,216
vCash: 500
Kesler stated after the season that his injuries were not excuses for his play. AV echoed this. Kesler has a tendancy to take these comments too personally. This will get some play in the media but in all reality it's nothing to get crazy about.

crazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:04 PM
  #52
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
That's why I asked

Staal+Niskanen, or hell count me as a possible Martin guy, for Edler (or+?) would work for me either way.
Niskanen needs a new contract, I believe we once settled on Raymond's RFA rights + Edler for Niskanen's RFA rights + Staal. You could probably just substitute Martin in for Niskanen, doubt he'll bring in a glorious return. So either of those.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:05 PM
  #53
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,736
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
Kesler stated after the season that his injuries were not excuses for his play. AV echoed this. Kesler has a tendancy to take these comments too personally. This will get some play in the media but in all reality it's nothing to get crazy about.
I don't think we're in any serious way at risk of losing Kesler, but it's speculation that he would be, and as I said earlier...we've had some really fun threads based on less.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:06 PM
  #54
Spice Trader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Av says.. If he could play he needs to produce

Kesler has also said.. I was hurt but i didnt produce how i wanted.

Kesler was also advocating AV's return.. AV also never once demoted or cut back keslers minutes due to lack of production..

These guys both have backed eachother in ACTION and the media runs wild with any slip of the tounge.

Av comments are based around a poor performance by the whole team in the playoffs. RK is a key member of that team.. he would also probably call out edler hamuis bieska booth.. ect. our whole team - our tenders sucked balls for the last 2 months of the season..

Just like everyone was panicking in october that our team sucks then planning a parade when we got hot at christmas..

RELAX! we have a GREAT team with some assets to move and no matter what we will have another GREAT shot at the playoffs next year. If we can be healthy and clicking going in then another run is in the cards.

Spice Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:06 PM
  #55
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one
 
Rabid Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murica
Country: United States
Posts: 19,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Turnip truck?
Yeah, as in AV is an idiot-which he is. That said, what's he doing with Kesler isn't all that unique amongst coaches. They always have to find one or more guys to tweak. It's a way to exercise dominance over a strong-willed player. The Sedins don't mouth off so they're spared the rod of repute.

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:07 PM
  #56
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,736
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Niskanen needs a new contract, I believe we once settled on Raymond's RFA rights + Edler for Niskanen's RFA rights + Staal. You could probably just substitute Martin in for Niskanen, doubt he'll bring in a glorious return. So either of those.
Cool, I'll fax the papers out. A more practical proposal based on one two sides have, at least in part, agreed upon.

I love that these boards can still suprise me.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:07 PM
  #57
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
That's just it, I am embaressingly unfamiliar with the Hab's team dynamic (I'm the idiot that was asking for Gorges a few months ago for some minor prospects and a 2nd round pick ).

Other then the usual Gorges, Subban and Patch (who wouldn't want these guys?), what does Montreal have to offer in the way of wingers and/or PMDs? If the values there, we'd be willing to add.
Rene Bourque or Yannick Weber or Rafael Diaz or even Brian Gionta?

What about Plekanec + Bourque and Weber for Raymond + Kesler?

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:08 PM
  #58
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
That's just it, I am embaressingly unfamiliar with the Hab's team dynamic (I'm the idiot that was asking for Gorges a few months ago for some minor prospects and a 2nd round pick ).

Other then the usual Gorges, Subban and Patch (who wouldn't want these guys?), what does Montreal have to offer in the way of wingers and/or PMDs? If the values there, we'd be willing to add.
Who are you asking about? A plekanec deal?

I personally think Bourque could be a fit with the Nucks. He's not a smart player at ALL but he's got size and speed and he's a proven 20+ goal scorer. Kind of a high pay check though at 3.3, and signed for 4 years.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:09 PM
  #59
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Cool, I'll fax the papers out. A more practical proposal based on one two sides have, at least in part, agreed upon.

I love that these boards can still suprise me.
, that worked pretty well and all without any putting down of the player you are trying to trade for. Awesome!

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:10 PM
  #60
Vajakki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country:
Posts: 1,252
vCash: 500
There's absolutely nothing wrong with AV's comments. Even Kesler himself said that the shoulder didn't bother him that much after the first couple of weeks because of good therapy and massages. And from a fan perspective the shoulder didn't look bad at all, he took part in the physical play maybe even more than usual since his offensive game was MIA. So there was no signs of injury there, unlike with his hip that noticeably hindered his skating for pretty much whole season.

Agents defending their clients is nothing new. That's what they are paid to do.

And even if we said that this shoulder injury really slowed him down one could argue he played very average in the first half of season, before the shoulder injury even happened. The fact is his production dropped drastically from last 2 seasons and that needs to change.


Last edited by Vajakki: 05-24-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Vajakki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:10 PM
  #61
thelos
Bunk
 
thelos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,610
vCash: 500
Cue the Kesler to TO rumors.

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:13 PM
  #62
Live from Rexall
Registered User
 
Live from Rexall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London, UK
Country: Canada
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
If Keslers camp is gonna use it as an excuse for his lack of production then he should have shut it down and had the surgery earlier. He was not helping his team by playing injured at all!!

Live from Rexall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:19 PM
  #63
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,372
vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge11 View Post
Cue the Kesler to TO rumors.
came here to post this

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:23 PM
  #64
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
came here to post this
As i already posted, we don't have the pieces (replacement center) to offer. After some of the opinions on what it would take for Luongo, i'd hate to see the asking price on Kesler.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:30 PM
  #65
lefty2time*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,109
vCash: 500
If I was Gillis, and Mtl came calling and asked for Kesler...i would offer something that i know they would reject.

I would be VERY hesitent to move Kesler...he's a selke winner...heart and soul guy with grit who can put up points. He's going to rest and come back healthy as ever.

Just for fun.
I know it's not fair value..but i'd ask for:

Plekanec and Pacioretty for Kesler, Hansen/Tanev, Van's 1st round pick.

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:31 PM
  #66
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
We don't have a center to offer that would come close to replacing Kesler....so i won't even bother trying to come up with anything.
Im not sure if this makes sense.... but...

Mikhail Grabovski + Jake Gardiner for Ryan kesler + Roberto Luongo

Somewhat guarantees the canucks Shultz.. Tor takes care of two needs at the expense of jake gardiner.... Allows Toronto to safely select a defensman at #5 overal.. maybe moran reilly, jacob trouba, ryan murray (if we are lucky) or Dumba... who knows..

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:31 PM
  #67
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
As i already posted, we don't have the pieces (replacement center) to offer. After some of the opinions on what it would take for Luongo, i'd hate to see the asking price on Kesler.
I am quite happy with my Staal/Edler deal above, so just offer them a PMD for Kesler and help me out in getting this done here.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:36 PM
  #68
dave babych returns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Im not sure if this makes sense.... but...

Mikhail Grabovski + Jake Gardiner for Ryan kesler + Roberto Luongo

Somewhat guarantees the canucks Shultz.. Tor takes care of two needs at the expense of jake gardiner.... Allows Toronto to safely select a defensman at #5 overal.. maybe moran reilly, jacob trouba, ryan murray (if we are lucky) or Dumba... who knows..
Does not make sense for the Canucks.

dave babych returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:38 PM
  #69
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave babych returns View Post
Does not make sense for the Canucks.
Whats the reason?

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:38 PM
  #70
crazyforhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice Trader View Post
Making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Av says.. If he could play he needs to produce

Kesler has also said.. I was hurt but i didnt produce how i wanted.

Kesler was also advocating AV's return.. AV also never once demoted or cut back keslers minutes due to lack of production..

These guys both have backed eachother in ACTION and the media runs wild with any slip of the tounge.

Av comments are based around a poor performance by the whole team in the playoffs. RK is a key member of that team.. he would also probably call out edler hamuis bieska booth.. ect. our whole team - our tenders sucked balls for the last 2 months of the season..

Just like everyone was panicking in october that our team sucks then planning a parade when we got hot at christmas..

RELAX! we have a GREAT team with some assets to move and no matter what we will have another GREAT shot at the playoffs next year. If we can be healthy and clicking going in then another run is in the cards.



this ...exactly our media and/or fans run to their computors when anything is said..

omg trade happening rift.......move along

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:42 PM
  #71
BeersHockey
Registered User
 
BeersHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
Kesler for Zetterberg 1 for 1.

(throws on heavy flame suit)
Absolutely. No. Freaking. Way. Signed: Kenny H.

BeersHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:42 PM
  #72
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,736
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Rene Bourque or Yannick Weber or Rafael Diaz or even Brian Gionta?

What about Plekanec + Bourque and Weber for Raymond + Kesler?
Value works for me. Kind of already promised Raymond to Pittsburgh in this thread though For arguments sake, is there another piece you'd accept as a substitute? A draft pick or prospect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Who are you asking about? A plekanec deal?

I personally think Bourque could be a fit with the Nucks. He's not a smart player at ALL but he's got size and speed and he's a proven 20+ goal scorer. Kind of a high pay check though at 3.3, and signed for 4 years.
I like Bourque. The offer was Pleks+ for Kesler, but if we can do Plekanec+Bourque for Kesler+(Raymond in this case), that sits well with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
, that worked pretty well and all without any putting down of the player you are trying to trade for. Awesome!
Funny, I'm a Canucks fan. I should be all "STAAL SUCKS" ...nah, I think we worked through the counter arguments pretty well last time. Values there, but the need to do it wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopitaToDemitra View Post
If I was Gillis, and Mtl came calling and asked for Kesler...i would offer something that i know they would reject.

I would be VERY hesitent to move Kesler...he's a selke winner...heart and soul guy with grit who can put up points. He's going to rest and come back healthy as ever.

Just for fun.
I know it's not fair value..but i'd ask for:

Plekanec and Pacioretty for Kesler, Hansen/Tanev, Van's 1st round pick.
If it was Tanev instead of Hansen, I can't say I'd be super motivated to do it, but the return (especially considering the value of Patch to Montreal fans) is what I'd want. Well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Im not sure if this makes sense.... but...

Mikhail Grabovski + Jake Gardiner for Ryan kesler + Roberto Luongo

Somewhat guarantees the canucks Shultz.. Tor takes care of two needs at the expense of jake gardiner...Was thinking about putting Grabovski in there but i dont want to upset leaf fans. Allows Toronto to safely select a defensman at #5 overal.. maybe moran reilly, jacob trouba, ryan murray (if we are lucky) or Dumba... who knows..
Grabovski is more valuable to Toronto then to Vancouver. Far more. I appriciate that Gardiner is in the trade as the main return for us, but to be honest, I don't think Toronto has the pieces to get two such pieces from Vancouver in a way that would satisfy either side. I know the value that Gardiner holds to Toronto, but that is the kind of return that, as someone else pointed out, we want for Luongo alone (I know it won't happen on these boards...) so the inclusion of Kesler doesn't motivate us, as Kesler, to us, is worth more then the difference of how Canucks fans and other fans percieve Luongo's value (if that makes sense).

I know the pieces will help us, but I really don't think Toronto and Vancouver are good trading partners at this point.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:44 PM
  #73
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
I am quite happy with my Staal/Edler deal above, so just offer them a PMD for Kesler and help me out in getting this done here.
Would love to help you....we don't have one available...unless Liles counts.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:44 PM
  #74
dave babych returns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Whats the reason?
What's the point of discussing it? Grabovski is a more expensive and less effective player than Kesler, Gardiner is a great young defenseman but in my opinion (not yours, I know) Luongo should be able to return a package including something along those lines on his own.

In other words Lou for Gardiner, etc. is fine - adding Kesler for Grabovski makes the deal worse, not better.

dave babych returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:44 PM
  #75
Capitlols
Registered User
 
Capitlols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,371
vCash: 500
Laich + Johansson + WSH 1st for Kesler

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.