HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ryan Kesler Unhappy?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-24-2012, 03:46 PM
  #101
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Anisimov, Erixon and the Rangers 1st for Kesler
Once again, not quite what we're looking for. Kesler is to us what Callahan is to the Rangers. If you weren't rebuilding, I dont see Sather accepting this style deal for a heart and sole player.

Dubinsky and a defender (like Staal, Del Zotto or McDonagh)?

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:47 PM
  #102
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,506
vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
As i already posted, we don't have the pieces (replacement center) to offer. After some of the opinions on what it would take for Luongo, i'd hate to see the asking price on Kesler.
I as well won't bother making a proposal. We don't have pieces the Canucks need. Also it seems many Canuck fans view him as the player he was 2-3 years ago getting 70+ points. Since then though he had 1 major injury, and now a 2nd. He may become the 70+ point player again, but until it happens I'm not convinced. Further, not saying he has baggage, but things always seem to surround him. Lastly he is a good player on a good contract, but I just don't see the contract as an absolute bargain as some Canuck fans feel it is which drives the price up in their eyes (but not mine).

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:49 PM
  #103
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
Makes perfect sense to bundle Kesler with Luongo/Schneider for trade bait as well. I promise you the return for Luongo + Kesler is a lot more than Luongo would have brought. Can easily get a 2C to replace Kesler and additional pieces to help the team win now as well.
Doesn't really make that much sense. The problem is cap. How often are two high paid players bundled to the same team. You're talking about 10.33 million in cap hits for the two.

blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:51 PM
  #104
lefty2time*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Hodgson = gone

Cap Space = barley any (yet luongo is worth gardiner hahahha)

vancouver = out in the first round

stanley cup final = basically 2 years ago

sedin = aging

kesler = unhappy and under severe repair

other teams = getting better

vancouver = missed their window.

However que the 1million other excuses...
This has to be one of the dumbest things ive read on here today.
The Canucks are pretty much the same team they were last year. The Sedins are still strong, every player in the league is aging so I dont see your point. The Sedins are a year older but they're only 32 so i dont think they're going to get any worse. They'll probably put up 80-90 points next year as per the norm.
Hodgson was spoon fed the best match-ups and offensive zone faceoff's. Gillis went on saying how Hodgson had tons of issues. Kassian is a year younger..when Coho was Kassians age, he wasnt even able to take a regular shift in the NHL. Kass will be better next year too... oh wait maybe Kassian and Coho will degrade as players because they are "aging" as you put it? hahaha
Coho to Kassian isnt much of a drop at all.

OH OH OH and not to mention...they canucks are going to get a decent asset when they trade away Schenider or Luongo....so lets factor that in too..The canucks are still a very very strong team... and i dont think that their window is 'closed'. There is more to it than that.

The more I read your posts....the more I think you chose the wrong username.

ignore.

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:53 PM
  #105
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I hate Vancouver, and I have to disagree with this strongly. Vancovuer can still afford to trade Kesler for futures, but will have to work some magic with a Schneider trade or through free agency to make that work.

Vancouver without Kesler, essentially destroys the foundation of their second line, and noone in the organization is ready to step into that role. They could, in theory, find a Kesler replacement through trading Schneider or by picking up a big UFA (IE Parise).

So I wouldn't say they've missed their window. But with 32 year old Sedins, they will miss it if they trade Kesler without finding a replacement.
Obviously if the stars align they could possibly win a cup. However im refuting the fact that Nucks fans think they can stand pat and win a cup. They expect to receive a massive overpayment for the worst available contract in hockey. They have barley any cap space and feel like Luongo is a valuable asset not a contract that needs to be unloaded. At this point, somethings got to give in order to get this team over the hump. Yes there are good years in the tank, but the current mix wont get it done. IMO and thats all.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:54 PM
  #106
ponder
Registered User
 
ponder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
No way to get Colorados first eh?

I like Laich (no pun), I don't know too much about Johansson, except that he's a prospect with a legitimate shot at breaking into the NHL and a late first. The values there, but with the direction our team is taking, I dont think I'd do it (we, too, are in a win now mode and this weakens our second line center position with out addressing our current needs).
Not really sure how you can see Marcus Johansson as "a prospect with a legitimate shot at breaking into the NHL." He is in no way a prospect, he's an established NHLer and one of the top centers on the Caps. He played 80 games this year, putting up 46 points, and played 69 games last year too.

Also, I really don't understand your implication that the Avs 1st is way better than the Caps 1st, or that this Caps 1st is a late 1st. The Avs 1st is 11th overall, the Caps 1st is 16th overall.

This seems like a post that was written at the start of the season, when the Caps were expected to easily win the SE (and possibly the East, period), when many expected the Avs to be horrible, and when you could *MAYBE* get away with calling Mojo a prospect. As a post written yesterday, though, it just doesn't make much sense. This may seem overly harsh, but I get the sense that you haven't really followed the NHL too closely this year.

As for the initial offer, Mojo + Laich + 16th overall is pretty excellent value for Kesler. I highly doubt the Nucks trade Kesler, period, these comments are just being overblown IMO, but if for some reason they were looking to move him, that would be a very nice offer.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:56 PM
  #107
Chandrashekhar Limit
Get a real GM
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 283
I don't think this will result in a trade. Vancouver is a good team, but replacing a player like Kesler is very difficult.

Maybe Kesler for a something around signed JS if Vancouver had to move him. Can Kesler play wing?

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:57 PM
  #108
lefty2time*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I hate Vancouver, and I have to disagree with this strongly. Vancovuer can still afford to trade Kesler for futures, but will have to work some magic with a Schneider trade or through free agency to make that work.

Vancouver without Kesler, essentially destroys the foundation of their second line, and noone in the organization is ready to step into that role. They could, in theory, find a Kesler replacement through trading Schneider or by picking up a big UFA (IE Parise).

So I wouldn't say they've missed their window. But with 32 year old Sedins, they will miss it if they trade Kesler without finding a replacement.
I agree with this 100%
If kesler goes..you're going to get a pretty good piece back...and you get an asset from resolving the goalie situation. Not to mention (although low chance) of going UFA route.

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 04:01 PM
  #109
GoTeamDom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 942
vCash: 500
nothing would make me happier than Kesler out of Vancouver.

GoTeamDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 04:28 PM
  #110
Free Kassian
Registered User
 
Free Kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
As for the initial offer, Mojo + Laich + 16th overall is pretty excellent value for Kesler. I highly doubt the Nucks trade Kesler, period, these comments are just being overblown IMO, but if for some reason they were looking to move him, that would be a very nice offer.
I'd take that offer in a second if the Kesler going to Washington is the Kesler we saw this season and I suspect Kesler's major offensive breakout has already happened. Big fan of Laich.

Free Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 04:45 PM
  #111
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Not really sure how you can see Marcus Johansson as "a prospect with a legitimate shot at breaking into the NHL." He is in no way a prospect, he's an established NHLer and one of the top centers on the Caps. He played 80 games this year, putting up 46 points, and played 69 games last year too.

Also, I really don't understand your implication that the Avs 1st is way better than the Caps 1st, or that this Caps 1st is a late 1st. The Avs 1st is 11th overall, the Caps 1st is 16th overall.

This seems like a post that was written at the start of the season, when the Caps were expected to easily win the SE (and possibly the East, period), when many expected the Avs to be horrible, and when you could *MAYBE* get away with calling Mojo a prospect. As a post written yesterday, though, it just doesn't make much sense. This may seem overly harsh, but I get the sense that you haven't really followed the NHL too closely this year.

As for the initial offer, Mojo + Laich + 16th overall is pretty excellent value for Kesler. I highly doubt the Nucks trade Kesler, period, these comments are just being overblown IMO, but if for some reason they were looking to move him, that would be a very nice offer.
Sorry, didn't mean to piss anyone off. In my defense, I did say I knew very little about him, and this was the last scouting report I read talking (apparently it's woefully out of date). You're right in some respects though, because I haven't been following much of the South East, barring Winnipeg. I follow the Canucks (obviously), other Western Canadian teams when I can (Calgary, Winnipeg and Edmonton), Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Nashville, Detroit and Pacific teams...but even then, I can hardly consider myself more then a Canucks homer when it comes to trying to know every team. Please take my comment as a lapse of real research on my part, and not any kind of slight.

I also thought the Caps' was higher up because they made it to the Conference semi finals. This bit of ignorance I really have no defense for then. If the kids made it in, and scored almost 50 points this season to boot, yes, it is excellent value, and once again, we're in agreement that Kesler mostly likely won't be moved. As I keep saying here though, I'm just trying to have fun, gauge value (let's face it, even if Kes had his bags packed, its not fans making the trades) and I'm not flame anyone.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 04:58 PM
  #112
HockeyRX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
this thread is making me feel sick. kesler isn't going anywhere. i could have seen it happen if we still had coho but now i will be extremely angry if we trade kes.

HockeyRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:00 PM
  #113
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job
 
Leafs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond Hill
Country: Romania
Posts: 5,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
This just in, Tampa has no interest in Luongo. Keep thinking your going to get the moon and the sun for him vancouver.
I hope Toronto isn't interested either

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:00 PM
  #114
ponder
Registered User
 
ponder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Sorry, didn't mean to piss anyone off. In my defense, I did say I knew very little about him, and this was the last scouting report I read talking (apparently it's woefully out of date). You're right in some respects though, because I haven't been following much of the South East, barring Winnipeg. I follow the Canucks (obviously), other Western Canadian teams when I can (Calgary, Winnipeg and Edmonton), Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Nashville, Detroit and Pacific teams...but even then, I can hardly consider myself more then a Canucks homer when it comes to trying to know every team. Please take my comment as a lapse of real research on my part, and not any kind of slight.

I also thought the Caps' was higher up because they made it to the Conference semi finals. This bit of ignorance I really have no defense for then. If the kids made it in, and scored almost 50 points this season to boot, yes, it is excellent value, and once again, we're in agreement that Kesler mostly likely won't be moved. As I keep saying here though, I'm just trying to have fun, gauge value (let's face it, even if Kes had his bags packed, its not fans making the trades) and I'm not flame anyone.
Sorry, it was overly harsh on my part, obviously everyone follows the league to varying extents. I could have, and should have, conveyed the same thoughts without being a bit of a dbag, but sometimes it's so easy to be a dbag on the internet!

Again, though, I think Mojo + Laich + 16th is a great offer, and probably more than what the Caps would offer if Kesler did go on the market. It makes sense for the 2010/11 version of Kesler, but it's IMO overpayment for the version of Kesler we've seen in any other season. The Caps would have to be very confident that Kesler was going to have at least a few more seasons like 2010/11 for them to give up this much value for him.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:06 PM
  #115
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Sorry, it was overly harsh on my part, obviously everyone follows the league to varying extents. I could have, and should have, conveyed the same thoughts without being a bit of a dbag, but sometimes it's so easy to be a dbag on the internet!

Again, though, I think Mojo + Laich + 16th is a great offer, and probably more than what the Caps would offer if Kesler did go on the market. It makes sense for the 2010/11 version of Kesler, but it's IMO overpayment for the version of Kesler we've seen in any other season. The Caps would have to be very confident that Kesler was going to have at least a few more seasons like 2010/11 for them to give up this much value for him.
If someone called Schneider a prospect, I probably would have retaliated the same way No worries boss. It's not just easy, but fun sometimes too!

How is Laich on wing by the way?

As for Kesler, it's gotta be like 90% injury/no training camp related. There are a million reasons why this is the organizations fault, not just, but including Kesler's camp, but he didn't cut it this season. He is our team's engine and I'd argue most valuable player since his break out year, and him not showing up to how we expected him to exposed the team, and as much as created an argument that past years were anomalies, our teams failure this year shows how much we need him, and of course drives up his price in the minds of us, the Canucks fans. It might be alot for the Capitals to give up, but at the same time, that's easily the winning bid so far, whether or not it would actually come to pass.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:09 PM
  #116
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,872
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
If someone called Schneider a prospect, I probably would have retaliated the same way No worries boss. It's not just easy, but fun sometimes too!

How is Laich on wing by the way?

As for Kesler, it's gotta be like 90% injury/no training camp related. There are a million reasons why this is the organizations fault, not just, but including Kesler's camp, but he didn't cut it this season. He is our team's engine and I'd argue most valuable player since his break out year, and him not showing up to how we expected him to exposed the team, and as much as created an argument that past years were anomalies, our teams failure this year shows how much we need him, and of course drives up his price in the minds of us, the Canucks fans. It might be alot for the Capitals to give up, but at the same time, that's easily the winning bid so far, whether or not it would actually come to pass.
Laich's a better winger than center, actually.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:09 PM
  #117
VanCanucks14
Registered User
 
VanCanucks14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 500
Kesler seriously loves it in Vancouver and while this whole AV thing probably didn't make him happy, I think they'll both talk and sort it out. Kesler had real good things to say about AV when there was talk about firing him. This isn't another soap opera but knowing our media it could turn out to be one.

VanCanucks14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:12 PM
  #118
Riptide
Moderator
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottubber View Post
He also has a very hard time finding chemistry with almost all his linemates. So AV calling him on that isnt too far off
However is it Kesler's fault that he doesn't have chemistry with his linemates? Or Gillis/AV's fault that they do not have the right linemates for him?

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:25 PM
  #119
canucksfan100
Registered User
 
canucksfan100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,567
vCash: 500
Kesler isnt going anywhere, but if he was...

Kesler to Blues for Oshie, Berglund?
Luongo to TOR for 1st 2013, Colborne and Holzer?

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Berglund - Oshie
Higgins - Colborne/Schroeder - Kassian
Hansen - Lappy - Weise

canucksfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:26 PM
  #120
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DopitaToDemitra View Post
This has to be one of the dumbest things ive read on here today.
The Canucks are pretty much the same team they were last year. The Sedins are still strong, every player in the league is aging so I dont see your point. The Sedins are a year older but they're only 32 so i dont think they're going to get any worse. They'll probably put up 80-90 points next year as per the norm.
Hodgson was spoon fed the best match-ups and offensive zone faceoff's. Gillis went on saying how Hodgson had tons of issues. Kassian is a year younger..when Coho was Kassians age, he wasnt even able to take a regular shift in the NHL. Kass will be better next year too... oh wait maybe Kassian and Coho will degrade as players because they are "aging" as you put it? hahaha
Coho to Kassian isnt much of a drop at all.

OH OH OH and not to mention...they canucks are going to get a decent asset when they trade away Schenider or Luongo....so lets factor that in too..The canucks are still a very very strong team... and i dont think that their window is 'closed'. There is more to it than that.

The more I read your posts....the more I think you chose the wrong username.

ignore.
Same team as last year?



The players who left were very important to their cup run. You can't just take a piece out here and there and expect a team to play at the same level, especially when they no longer have some of the players that pushed the energy level and confidence of the team to the next level.

They got rid of the wrong players and replaced them with no-heart playoff-pluggers. Combine that with the piss-poor performance of Mr. All-Heart Kesler and a castrated Sedin and the results were obvious to anyone paying any real attention to that team.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:30 PM
  #121
Keke Mortsons helmet
Registered User
 
Keke Mortsons helmet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 681
vCash: 500
I can confirm that Alain Vigneault did indeed fall off a turnip truck.

Keke Mortsons helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 05:49 PM
  #122
Reign Nateo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,802
vCash: 500
You people are nuts. He said the team didn't feel the injury was the reason for his drop in production... Don't we expect that coaches and teams don't use injuries for an excuse? In fact we demand it. Otherwise they'd be "whiners" and making excuses. I don't see anything in those comments that warrants a 5-page thread assuming he wants out... Talk about grasping for straws...

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:02 PM
  #123
Fueren
Registered User
 
Fueren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Melbourne
Country: Canada
Posts: 127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
You people are nuts. He said the team didn't feel the injury was the reason for his drop in production... Don't we expect that coaches and teams don't use injuries for an excuse? In fact we demand it. Otherwise they'd be "whiners" and making excuses. I don't see anything in those comments that warrants a 5-page thread assuming he wants out... Talk about grasping for straws...
It's the Canucks. The vast majority of posters on this board will twist things to make the Canucks look bad.

The news article could be "Canucks save 10,000 kittens" and the mouthbreathers on here will say that Vancouver hates puppies.

Fueren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:06 PM
  #124
CrazyJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
You people are nuts. He said the team didn't feel the injury was the reason for his drop in production... Don't we expect that coaches and teams don't use injuries for an excuse? In fact we demand it. Otherwise they'd be "whiners" and making excuses. I don't see anything in those comments that warrants a 5-page thread assuming he wants out... Talk about grasping for straws...
+1 This is the way I see it too. But if the media, who needs to publish stories when there aren't any, thinks this is worth an article it must be true...

Kesler has 4 more years on his contract and is a professional. From the coaches prospective, if he is good enough to play, then he should produce. If his arm is buggered and he can't shoot, THEN TRY TO PASS!!!!

CrazyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:11 PM
  #125
FakeKidPoker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,679
vCash: 500
Canucks need to let go of Kesler.. would be for the best for their franchise in the long term.. just like Philly with Richards.

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.