HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Series isn't over yet guys, hang in there

Old
05-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Rocinante

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Haven't given up hope yet. They did it in Round 1. My only concern is that the fatigue and mental exhaustion will finally get to them. If they pull this off, that says a lot about the character and determination of this team.
My concern is that unlike Ottawa & Washington, the Devils (especially Brodeur) know how to close a team out. Nothing to do with fatigue. But in my mind I am picturing us getting the job done. They don't quit and neither will I. Rangers in 7.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 07:18 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
My concern is that unlike Ottawa & Washington, the Devils (especially Brodeur) know how to close a team out. Nothing to do with fatigue. But in my mind I am picturing us getting the job done. They don't quit and neither will I. Rangers in 7.
Brodeur has been praying for this opportunity at a reprieve for several years. You are going to need an extraordinary effort from the boys in blue to extend the series. Certainly possible but not probable. We wait...

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 07:26 PM
msv957

A couple of random thoughts.

This is a time where legends are made. This could be Hank's legacy or career defining moment right now winning games 6 and 7 and advancing to the finals.

Torts has this team believing and playing great team defense where everyone is buying into the system.

Richards has been showing what a great UFA signing he has become. Clutch player with leadership.

Kreider has been developed the right way and brought onto a great team with lots of quality veterans leading the way. This is the perfect scenario for Kreider to succeed.

Shades of 1994... Who is going to be the next Matteau?

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 07:28 PM
MessierIsGod

Series is not over on paper but to anyone who has watched all 15 periods, you know that the series could've been over by now. We were so fortunate to win those 2 games. I think the pessimism comes from how we have been outplayed not that we are down 3-2.

I wonder if Torts had kept his mouth shut after game 3, would we be up instead of down. Maybe that distracted the team. Who knows. It's all water under the bridge now.

I'm pessimistic but hopeful.

LGR!

MessierIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 07:31 PM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
A couple of random thoughts.

This is a time where legends are made. This could be Hank's legacy or career defining moment right now winning games 6 and 7 and advancing to the finals.

Torts has this team believing and playing great team defense where everyone is buying into the system.

Richards has been showing what a great UFA signing he has become. Clutch player with leadership.

Kreider has been developed the right way and brought onto a great team with lots of quality veterans leading the way. This is the perfect scenario for Kreider to succeed.

Shades of 1994... Who is going to be the next Matteau?
The next Matteau won't help. That was Game 7. We need to win game 6 or there will be no game 7.

We need the next messier, kovalev and richter..

Old
05-24-2012, 07:37 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Brodeur has had some bad moments in the playoffs. He didn't close out the Rangers in 1994. In 1999,Pitt came back down 3-2 to beat Jersey. 2001 finals. Jersey won game 5 in Colorado. They lost game 6 at home and then dropped game 7 in Colorado. In 2009,Jersey was up 3-2 against the Canes. They dropped 2 straight. Game 7 was the crazy game. Carolina scored 2 goals in 48 seconds late in the 3rd to win game 7 4-3.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 07:49 PM
Rocinante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
Brodeur has been praying for this opportunity at a reprieve for several years. You are going to need an extraordinary effort from the boys in blue to extend the series. Certainly possible but not probable. We wait...
We still have every intention of denying him.

Old
05-24-2012, 07:54 PM
Rocinante

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
Series is not over on paper but to anyone who has watched all 15 periods, you know that the series could've been over by now. We were so fortunate to win those 2 games. I think the pessimism comes from how we have been outplayed not that we are down 3-2.

I wonder if Torts had kept his mouth shut after game 3, would we be up instead of down. Maybe that distracted the team. Who knows. It's all water under the bridge now.

I'm pessimistic but hopeful.

LGR!
I think all the fatalism and frustration here stems from the fact that we all thought the stars had aligned for us when Pittsburgh, Boston, Vancouver & St. Louis all got bounced early. It ain't over till the handshake.

Old
05-24-2012, 08:37 PM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
I think all the fatalism and frustration here stems from the fact that we all thought the stars had aligned for us when Pittsburgh, Boston, Vancouver & St. Louis all got bounced early. It ain't over till the handshake.
True..I would feel less frustrated losing to the Pens or the Bs..devils are more than beatable..most of us feel this way going into the playoffs and this series

And we may still..but through 5 games we looked really bad so doubts are everywhere

Did we over-achieved to get here? Or are we under-achieving in this series?

Old
05-24-2012, 10:13 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

LGR!!!! I'm already pumped guys, tomorrow night my stomach is gonna be in ruins.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:17 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Tomorrow will be....

1. The thrill of victory

or

2. The agony of defeat

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:22 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:24 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Bring it on, let's play some damn hockey.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:25 PM
dynamoovechkin

Game 6: The magical year continues. Book it.

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 12:01 AM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

I firmly believe, as I said before Game 6/7 of the Ottawa series and Game 7 of the Craps series that those games would help us later on in the playoffs, well gentlemen...we're here. That experience, although physically demanding, is absolutely crucial to the mental part of the game, particularly the Ottawa series. Let's ****ing go tomorrow, there are waay too many parallels with now and 1994, we cannot lose this. History will repeat itself, mark my words.
"We will win"

nyrpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 12:44 AM
mti79

vCash: 50
I hate to harp on the negative but I lost my father on May 25, 2010. He was 63. It kills me every day. I'll be heading to bed soon only to get up and face the day. I'd like to think that the Rangers season will not end on this day. I'm always sad when the season ends. Tomorrow will be a very difficult day for me no matter what. Hopefully the Rangers give me a reason to smile tomorrow night. He was a die hard Rangers fan. He taught me how to believe in the impossible... although that may have had more to do with the '86 Mets. I believe we'll win tonight. We have to.... #TheRightWay #Believe

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 12:47 AM
Krams
Carpe dizzem

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
I hate to harp on the negative but I lost my father on May 25, 2010. He was 63. It kills me every day. I'll be heading to bed soon only to get up and face the day. I'd like to think that the Rangers season will not end on this day. I'm always sad when the season ends. Tomorrow will be a very difficult day for me no matter what. Hopefully the Rangers give me a reason to smile tomorrow night. He was a die hard Rangers fan. He taught me how to believe in the impossible... although that may have had more to do with the '86 Mets. I believe we'll win tonight. We have to.... #TheRightWay #Believe
Sorry to hear that, man. Puts things in perspective. Sports can sometimes be a good distraction. Here's to hoping for a win.

Krams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 05:04 AM
Rocinante

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
Sorry for your loss. I lost my father 11 years ago. Two days before his birthday, he died in my arms and I felt him take his last breath. I'm only trying to help, but I don't dwell on the day he died, I concentrate on his birthday. The death of a loved one is a horrible experience, but it gets easier as time passes. Besides, your father wouldn't want you dwelling on his death on such an important day, there's some serious rooting to be done! LGR!