HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 — Russia Roster Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Bure

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
Its way too early but

Radulov - Malkin - Kovalchuk
Ovechkin - Datsyuk - Semin
Kuznetsov - Burmistrov - Yakupov
Perezhogin - Anisimov - Tarasenko

Markov - Kulikov
Nikulin - Volchenkov
Voynov - Kalinin
Emelin - Orlov

Bryzgalov
Varlamov
Barulin/Bobrovsky
I like that one except switch Volchenkov with Emelin or Orlov. He is not very mobile.

Old
05-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Fulcrum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
I don't see Zina anywhere, has he fallen of the map that badly?
I don't think that he fell that far, but considering he won't improve- I don't see why anybody wants to envision a player of his calibre on the Olympic team. We want better.

Old
05-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Anyone else think Ovechkin - Datsyuk - Kovalchuk would be the best first line?

Malikin really seems to play better when he's "the guy" on the line.

I think Radulov - Malkin - Semin would be very, very dangerous. . . And I think Malkin would be better when he is the clear cut #1 guy on that line.

Throw the Ovy/Semin chemistry stuff out the window, IMO...

I think Ovechkin should play with Dats and especially Kovy... If Ovechkin doesn't turn things around next season I'll be very surprised.

Also... Anything but a Canada/Russia gold medal game would be terrible, IMO.

Old
05-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Does anyone think Yakupov could make the 2014 team as a RW... Looking at the rosters so far... RW seems to be the weak spot for Russia. If Nail turns it on in the chell next season... I think he has a good shot!

Old
05-24-2012, 09:19 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanCat View Post
Does anyone think Yakupov could make the 2014 team as a RW... Looking at the rosters so far... RW seems to be the weak spot for Russia. If Nail turns it on in the chell next season... I think he has a good shot!
Yak will be a 2nd year NHL player in 2013-2014. I see no reason given he's a first overall he can't make the Socchi team. Ovechkin made it as an NHL rookie two years after his 04 Draft in 2006.

Old
05-24-2012, 11:30 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
Who keeps putting Kuznetsov in the C?? He hasn't played there in years! Like said b4, Bryzgalov would make a better C than him
he played there in the world juniors, for a short time anyways time

Old
05-25-2012, 02:53 AM
Brave Sir Robin

Quote:
Russia is fine at RW. Off the top of my head(and I don't know almost anything about the KHL) they have Semin, Radulov, Zherdev, Kuznetsov to compete for spots on their scoring lines (where Yakupov would slot in). Furthermore, considering the politics and the KHL bias on the Russian national team selections, Yakupov will need to put up huge numbers to make the team.

Russia has great forwards. It's their defense I would be worried about.

Old
05-25-2012, 02:59 AM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
Russia is fine at RW. Off the top of my head(and I don't know almost anything about the KHL) they have Semin, Radulov, Zherdev, Kuznetsov to compete for spots on their scoring lines (where Yakupov would slot in). Furthermore, considering the politics and the KHL bias on the Russian national team selections, Yakupov will need to put up huge numbers to make the team.

Russia has great forwards. It's their defense I would be worried about.
Yakupov will make the team over Zherdev.

Old
05-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Sentinel

I don't know if we can project Kuznetsov, Burmistrov, Yakupov, or Tarasenko's development for two years on the adult level. They can have great next two seasons or can be flops.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:29 AM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
I don't know if we can project Kuznetsov, Burmistrov, Yakupov, or Tarasenko's development for two years on the adult level. They can have great next two seasons or can be flops.
kuznetsov, tarasenko, and burmistrov have all spent 2 or more years playing with adults

Old
05-25-2012, 11:40 AM
The Great Dame
Blame Pete

vCash: 316
I definitely think Nikita Nikitin should be on the team for you guys

Old
05-25-2012, 11:58 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnots13 View Post
He is just one example when player was an average defender in KHL and then suddenly become a best defenseman in Columbus. He was selected to National team but was weakest link in Team. All KHL defenders were better than him. So, i think he will not make Olympic Team.

Old
05-25-2012, 12:44 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
He is just one example when player was an average defender in KHL and then suddenly become a best defenseman in Columbus. He was selected to National team but was weakest link in Team. All KHL defenders were better than him. So, i think he will not make Olympic Team.
some are tailored for small ice better than others and other way around

Old
05-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Yakushev72

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnots13 View Post
I didn't think he played very well in this year's WHC. If they go outside the normal cast of characters at D, the guy that looked like a future prospect to me was Medvedev. He is big, fast, really good on his skates, and handles the puck really well. I would be curious if anyone else was impressed by Medvedev?

Old
05-25-2012, 04:51 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
I didn't think he played very well in this year's WHC. If they go outside the normal cast of characters at D, the guy that looked like a future prospect to me was Medvedev. He is big, fast, really good on his skates, and handles the puck really well. I would be curious if anyone else was impressed by Medvedev?
Yes, he is good, but not great- yet. Has potential to improve though.

Old
05-28-2012, 06:55 AM
duga

I'd keep the Ovi-Datsyuk-Semin-Combo

and I'd split Malkin and Kovalchuck, cause they are capable of dominating a line on there own.

so: Kovalchuck-xxx-Radulov would be an option, centered by Anisimov/Burmistrov/Tereshenko

Malkin, I'd put together with 2 out of Kutznetsov/Tarasenko/Zherdev/Shirokov/Perezoghin

and for the 4th line: Kulemin, a lock.
one of the aforementioned Center-Trio or Svitov who looked solid through all tournament, but lacks footspeed.
Artukhin/Kokarev/Perezoghin or Telegin as other options on the wing...

thoughts?

Old
05-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post

and I'd split Malkin and Kovalchuck, cause they are capable of dominating a line on there own.

so: Kovalchuck-xxx-Radulov would be an option, centered by Anisimov/Burmistrov/Tereshenko

Malkin, I'd put together with 2 out of Kutznetsov/Tarasenko/Zherdev/Shirokov/Perezoghin

one of the aforementioned Center-Trio or Svitov who looked solid through all tournament, but lacks footspeed.

thoughts?
I agree, and I like your logic.

The only problem is that Bilyaletdinov likes to have 2 scoring lines, and 2 checking lines. That's why Ovi, Malkin and Kovy having their lines may not be likely. But I agre with your logic.

Old
06-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Yakushev72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Burmistrov has a lot of talent, but the kind of talent that is plentiful in Russia - slick skater and stickhandler. So far, he hasn't really produced anything in the NHL, so I see no compelling reason why he would be sought out as a national team player.

Old
06-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Zine

Quote:

thoughts?
I like that alot.
I think Svitov could be valuable vs NA teams, and Tarasenko is versatile enough to play his off-wing (assuming he keeps developing).

Ovechkin-Datsyuk-Semin
Tarasenko-Malkin-Kuznetsov
Kovalchuk-Tereschenko-Radulov
Artyukhin-Svitov-Kulemin

Old
06-04-2012, 10:43 AM
duga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
I like that alot.
I think Svitov could be valuable vs NA teams, and Tarasenko is versatile enough to play his off-wing (assuming he keeps developing).

Ovechkin-Datsyuk-Semin
Tarasenko-Malkin-Kuznetsov
Kovalchuk-Tereschenko-Radulov
Artyukhin-Svitov-Kulemin
Ey Zine, we haven't always agreed in the past. But this would be the perfect Line-up IMO too. I've been looking for the Svitov-Artukhin-Combo for some years now. Svitov-Kulemin would make this line solid against most competition. and if the opponents start to push the physical play (especially NA-Teams),this line could get very important at once (if the others even dare to get overphysical with Russia having Artukhin in their Line-UP)

And as I don't like Teams to go with 8D... I'd add Telegin or Anisimov as the 13th forward.... as I think the 13th forward always should be capable of playing Centerposition.

Old
06-07-2012, 09:54 AM
duga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
I agree, and I like your logic.

The only problem is that Bilyaletdinov likes to have 2 scoring lines, and 2 checking lines. That's why Ovi, Malkin and Kovy having their lines may not be likely. But I agre with your logic.
Not that I know much about Bilyaletdinov as a coach (his 3 months of coaching in Switzerland weren't a big enough span to get a proper idea of his style).

So which would've been the second checking unit beside the Svitov-line at last WC?

Old
06-10-2012, 05:06 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Not that I know much about Bilyaletdinov as a coach (his 3 months of coaching in Switzerland weren't a big enough span to get a proper idea of his style).

So which would've been the second checking unit beside the Svitov-line at last WC?
Shirokov-Tereshenko-Zherdev was a checking line. You could easily see their assignment, since Zherdev! constantly dumped the puck in the corners, avoided 1v1 dangles and took easy simple pot shots. They were a checking line in a way that their primary assignment was to spend time in the other end and not let opponent score. Scoring was not their primary assignment, unlike Datsyuk and Malkin lines.

All in all = balance on the team.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:59 AM
MaxV

They keep on winning with Tereschenko on the roster. He is one of those players with better track record playing for the National Team then for the club.

Good defensive forward and has some offensive skills as well. I can definitely see him on the roster in '14.

Old
06-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Yakushev72

I would bet that Kuznetsov will be there. Of all the young players, he seems to have the most talent and skill, plus he doesn't shy away from driving to the net. I see him as a budding young superstar in two years.

Old
06-29-2012, 05:11 PM
dan1el

Quote:
Anyone else think Ovechkin - Datsyuk - Kovalchuk would be the best first line?

Malikin really seems to play better when he's "the guy" on the line.

I think Radulov - Malkin - Semin would be very, very dangerous. . . And I think Malkin would be better when he is the clear cut #1 guy on that line.

Throw the Ovy/Semin chemistry stuff out the window, IMO...

I think Ovechkin should play with Dats and especially Kovy... If Ovechkin doesn't turn things around next season I'll be very surprised.

Also... Anything but a Canada/Russia gold medal game would be terrible, IMO.
I don't know, with all the Semin to Detroit talks, he could develop unreal chemistry with Datsyuk and get back to 79 points in 62 games Semin that we once knew. I also think they should split Malkin and Kovalchuk, as they can both dominate the ice on their own.

Here's my take on team Russia:

Ovechkin-Datsyuk-Semin
Tarasenko-Malkin-Yakupov
Radulov-Burmistrov-Kovalchuk
Kuznetsov-Anisimov-Svitov
Grigorenko

Kulikov-Markov
Grebeshkov-Voynov
Orlov-Tyutin
Emelin

Bryzgalov
Varlamov