HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are we stale/tired/unmotivated or do we just look that way??

Old
05-23-2012, 11:04 AM
FOD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Not sure how much I agree with this, but teams that become champions are the ones who overcome these types of obstacles. Teams that don't become champions have excuses like this.

Let's be champions.
There is a reason NO TEAM has ever won the cup (or gotten out of the 3rd round?) after playing 14 games in the first 2 rounds. Not making excuses. Just stating fact. That being said, this team always seems to come up big when no one expects them to. Let's not repeat history, let's make history!!

LGR

FOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:31 AM
Ian
Mike York fan club

Gaborik/Stepan serious slumps + Boyle/Callahan clearly injured + Dubi out = poor offensive showing.

Credit to the Devils for their style of play as well, compounds the fact that the Rangers aren't that comfortable in the offensive zone.

All it takes is a few bounces though to get back on track, it'd be nice to get some bottom 6's to chip in some goals too, thank god for the defensive goals.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:34 AM
EEDAWGZ

Tonight will be game 101

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOD View Post
There is a reason NO TEAM has ever won the cup (or gotten out of the 3rd round?) after playing 14 games in the first 2 rounds. Not making excuses. Just stating fact. That being said, this team always seems to come up big when no one expects them to. Let's not repeat history, let's make history!!

LGR
Well the reason they HAD to play 14 games is because they could not put other teams away when they had opportunities to...probably for the same reasons they find themselves where they are now.

Find a way, Rangers, find a way. No excuses.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Fforgione

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOD View Post

LGR
http://youtu.be/bmR6ZGVY578

Fforgione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 12:11 PM
bernmeister

Clearly, we are very, very very tired.

The balance is due to max length playoffs so far, minimum rest.
Also, our own system works against us.

Constantly diving for pucks and overexterting on D takes out a lot of energy.
We need more straight offense/sustained forechecking.

The speed of Kreider has helped a bit, but more is needed.

We are very young, and in fabulous shape, but our energy is not bottomless.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 12:30 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

This is where Sauer would have been vital. It wouldn't fix the offense but Torts wouldn't be constantly rotating only 5 defensemen.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 12:56 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
Though many are quick to lash out at them as not playing with urgency, not stepping up, not putting in the effort and vocally declare how unacceptable their play is; I've instead chosen to take a different route that doesn't disparage our team.

Personally, I think what we're seeing is a young overachieving team that battled their ***** off like warriors all season long, have gone deep in a punishing playoff run, and are now simply just beaten up. I think they're trying however they can to push themselves harder and have just been coming up short. I think after the other night, there will be a period of reflection. The outcome of that needs to be them finding a way to reach even deeper down and find another gear they never thought they had. A test of will so to speak. But I don't blame them one bit. I think this team has played with more courage and willingness to sacrifice themselves than any team I've ever witnessed. But they are after all human, and after the hard working season and 14 games through two rounds, their bodies are just beginning to wear thin. I think it is simply nothing more than that.

But I believe in this team. I believe in Callahan's leadership. I believe they can reach deep down as a team and find a way to overcome yet one more challenge; albeit the most difficult one they've faced yet.

We are the blue blood warriors. Never say die.
I totally agree with this post. Plus, depth is an issue as some people said. Having Dubi and Sauer or equally competent players in their positions right now would be pretty huge I think.

haveandare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Rangerfan4life90

I would honestly call up Erixon and put him on the 3rd pair.

Add Dubi and MZA in the lineup too

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

lack of effort. They dont play hard to start games, and only bring it on in the final 20 mins. you cant play 1 period of hockey and expect your goalie to bail you out for the other 40.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
You have an interesting perception of reality.
first series they acted like no matter how bad they trailed they were going to win. this series and last series they don't have that confidence. hence it's easy to come to the conclusion that they think they're going to lose. probably should've added an "or" instead of the period, but meh. point across.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

the triple overtime killed us. didn't shift enough guys. since then it's been downhill.

Old
05-25-2012, 05:29 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
lack of effort. They dont play hard to start games, and only bring it on in the final 20 mins. you cant play 1 period of hockey and expect your goalie to bail you out for the other 40.
Nah, I don't believe in that excuse really. Not in the way the games have played out.

NJD have just been better coached and drilled than us from the time the puck have been dropped. There is no reason their roster should pwn our roster. No reason.

Could we potentially have stolen more games if we were fresh while they were more tired? Of course.

But Torts needs to step up to the plate, because he is getting dominated by Leboer...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 05:35 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Everyone on the team drink a Red Bull and 5 Hour Shot before the game

They probably are tired and have been doing the same thing for almost 75% of the year but whatever, this is where you get a second wind and win by adrenaline and will. Make it so NY Rangers.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 06:04 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Everyone on the team drink a Red Bull and 5 Hour Shot before the game

They probably are tired and have been doing the same thing for almost 75% of the year but whatever, this is where you get a second wind and win by adrenaline and will. Make it so NY Rangers.
psh redline or spike. red bull and 5 hour energy are crap... or cocaine(also an energy drink) <3

Old
05-25-2012, 06:57 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

What If they take 5-hour energy, but then the game goes long into OT? Then what?

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 07:36 AM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
What If they take 5-hour energy, but then the game goes long into OT? Then what?
Try new, 5-more hour energy! For when 5 hours of energy is only half the battle!

05-25-2012, 08:05 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Try new, 5-more hour energy! For when 5 hours of energy is only half the battle!
I was thinking they would all just crash and would have to forfeit.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote