HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 — Latvia Roster Discussion (Released, post #1)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-25-2012, 11:01 AM
  #51
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Interesting announcments by Lipmans,if i understand correctly,Nolan stays,but assistant coaches Abols and Ignatjevs are good as gone.
That means that Nolan needs some new (latvia?) assistants....anyone that could think of some good replacements?

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:07 AM
  #52
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
That means that Nolan needs some new (latvia?) assistants....anyone that could think of some good replacements?
I really can`t think of any,i think Nolan has some guys in his mind that we may have never heard of.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:09 AM
  #53
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
OT-Tommorows the khl draft,Rihards bukarts will probably be drafted.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:14 AM
  #54
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
OT-Tommorows the khl draft,Rihards bukarts will probably be drafted.
OK....interesting to see how high up...even though the draft is meaningless.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:16 AM
  #55
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
OK....interesting to see how high up...even though the draft is meaningless.
Yeah its hilarous that Girgensons was drafted somewhere mid 2nd round in khl draft altough in NHL draft hes 1st round draft pick

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:19 AM
  #56
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Yeah its hilarous that Girgensons was drafted somewhere mid 2nd round in khl draft altough in NHL draft hes 1st round draft pick
Well maybe his physique is better for NHL, so he is a better prospect there?

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:21 AM
  #57
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Well maybe his physique is better for NHL, so he is a better prospect there?
No it`s just that khl draft is absolutley dumb,and the khl scouts(of you can call them that) aren`t any better

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:23 AM
  #58
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
No it`s just that khl draft is absolutley dumb,and the khl scouts(of you can call them that) aren`t any better
Maybe the scouts looks more for which player will bring more profit than a good game??? (Under the table cash?)

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:24 AM
  #59
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Maybe the scouts looks more for which player will bring more profit than a good game??? (Under the table cash?)
Probable

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:25 AM
  #60
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Probable
So lets hear your guess for latvian drafts this season in the NHL?
Come with some wild precise guesses...then you can brag if you hit jackpot!

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:25 AM
  #61
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Btw,speaking about Nolan there is remote possiblity that maybe,if Kiirov Lipman will be willing to pay a bit more,Nolan will also be the head coach of u-20,but these are purely rumours and speculations.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:28 AM
  #62
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
So lets hear your guess for latvian drafts this season in the NHL?
Come with some wild precise guesses...then you can brag if you hit jackpot!
Girgensons 1st round 13-14th
Blugers 3d round 81st
Jevpalovs 6-7th round not sure which place could be anything really
Kolesnikovs 7th round,same as Jevpalovs
And the theres guys Like Podzins and Lipsbergs i`m not too sure if they are going to be drafted at all we will see.


Last edited by BalticWarrior: 06-24-2012 at 04:58 AM.
BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:39 AM
  #63
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Btw,speaking about Nolan there is remote possiblity that maybe,if Kiirov Lipman will be willing to pay a bit more,Nolan will also be the head coach of u-20,but these are purely rumours and speculations.
U20 coaches.....they are all ex danish league players lol
- so head coach of U20 that is an ex-star player and maybe available?

Juha Riihijärvi (coach in Herlev now)
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=211

Since Leonids Tambijevs is already U18 maybe Aleksandrs Macijevskis eventually will retire in Norway for a job? Since ex danish league players have some kind of "U-hold" in many countries?

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:41 AM
  #64
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
U20 coaches.....they are all ex danish league players lol
- so head coach of U20 that is an ex-star player and maybe available?

Juha Riihijärvi (coach in Herlev now)
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=211

Since Leonids Tambijevs is already U18 maybe Aleksandrs Macijevskis eventually will retire in Norway for a job? Since ex danish league players have some kind of "U-hold" in many countries?
Could be

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:41 AM
  #65
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Girgensons 1st round 13-14th
Blugers 3d round 81st
Jevpalovs 6-7th round not sure which place could be anything really
Kolesnikovs 7th round,same as Jevpalovs
And the theres guys Like Podzins and Lipsbergs i`m not too sure if they are going to be drafted at all we will see.
If that come true it will be a historic latvian draft year!!! 4 in one year hasn't happened since the early 90's?!

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:43 AM
  #66
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
If that come true it will be a historic latvian draft year!!! 4 in one year hasn't happened since the early 90's?!
No only that,but it will be the first time any Latvian player will be as high ranked in draft as Girgensons,even Ozolins wasn`t ranked that high.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:47 AM
  #67
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Actually the ideal 2012 draft would be 6 players drafted,now that would be just awesome.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:49 AM
  #68
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Could be
Another possibility of ex danish league player.....

Robert Burakovsky?
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=513
He seems ready to gear from playing to coaching!

Same with Jens Nielsen (best danish player ever - if we take full career)...he is also ready for change to coaching!
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=351

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:52 AM
  #69
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Another possibility of ex danish league player.....

Robert Burakovsky?
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=513
He seems ready to gear from playing to coaching!

Same with Jens Nielsen (best danish player ever - if we take full career)...he is also ready for change to coaching!
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=351
Hm,interesting.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:52 AM
  #70
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
No only that,but it will be the first time any Latvian player will be as high ranked in draft as Girgensons,even Ozolins wasn`t ranked that high.
Oh you never had a 1'st round draft??

Denmark have had 3 (2007-2008-2011)......still weird that this have happened!

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:55 AM
  #71
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Oh you never had a 1'st round draft??

Denmark have had 3 (2007-2008-2011)......still weird that this have happened!
No we had Karsums and Ozolins at 1st but noones been this high as 13-14 th for example ozolins was 30th overall

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:55 AM
  #72
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Hm,interesting.
Since I guess latvian youngs can speak english now...it could be a scandinavian as well as coach?

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:56 AM
  #73
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Since I guess latvian youngs can speak english now...it could be a scandinavian as well as coach?
Its an interesting idea for sure

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:57 AM
  #74
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
No we had Karsums and Ozolins at 1st but noones been this high as 13-14 th for example ozolins was 30th overall
Very surprising that Ozolins was not higher up...but its very tricky with defenders......they often show quality a bit later than forwards!

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:59 AM
  #75
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Very surprising that Ozolins was not higher up...but its very tricky with defenders......they often show quality a bit later than forwards!
But you can imagine the hype guys like Girgensons,Rihards Bukarts,Blugers and also Ofcourse Indrasis gets,we really,really lack these kind of quality players,"snipers" so to speak.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.