HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Can i get a.............

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-25-2012, 09:44 AM
  #1
Bones45
Registered User
 
Bones45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Low Taxville
Posts: 4,826
vCash: 500
Can i get a.............

Can i get a........


Lets go Devils!!!!!

Lets go Devils!!!!!!!!!!!

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 09:50 AM
  #2
MTK
Registered User
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Islip
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Hell Yea!!! NYR fans living off the Messier Myth of guaranteed win..that Larry Brooks and the NY post were the only ones to report it...weird

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 09:58 AM
  #3
isles31
Poster Excellont
 
isles31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 4,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Hell Yea!!! NYR fans living off the Messier Myth of guaranteed win..that Larry Brooks and the NY post were the only ones to report it...weird
i actually saw an NYR fan in the playoff forum admit the "guarantee" was all media BS. It was pretty cool to see a level-headed Rags fan, but if you say that to anyone who just believes the hype, they'll cry.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 09:59 AM
  #4
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang
 
IslesFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 12,654
vCash: 500
Let's Go Devils!!!! End their season tonight please.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 10:18 AM
  #5
Original Rob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
Clap clap... clap clap clap

Original Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 10:25 AM
  #6
StrongIslanders90
Registered User
 
StrongIslanders90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 13,471
vCash: 500
I Hate both teams so......LETS GO KINGS!!!


Im trying to think what would hurt the RAGS more. Not making it to the SC or losing in the SC...

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 10:28 AM
  #7
Bones45
Registered User
 
Bones45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Low Taxville
Posts: 4,826
vCash: 500
Today's paper mentioned that Torts predicts that Lundquist will play his best game tonight.....not quite a guarantee, but it is somewhat Messier-esque..

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...p-up-1.3739543



"After a brisk practice at Madison Square Garden, coach John Tortorella came the closest. After responding to a question about the 1994 Eastern Conference finals by saying, "Not to disrespect what happened there, but that has nothing to do with how we're preparing," he presented two predictions.
"He'll play his best game [Friday night],'' Tortorella said of the backbone of the team, goaltender Henrik Lundqvist, who allowed four goals on 16 shots in Game 5 at the Garden on Wednesday night and was less than his Vezina-candidate self in the 4-1 loss in Game 4."

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 10:39 AM
  #8
MTK
Registered User
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Islip
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones45 View Post
Today's paper mentioned that Torts predicts that Lundquist will play his best game tonight.....not quite a guarantee, but it is somewhat Messier-esque..

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...p-up-1.3739543



"After a brisk practice at Madison Square Garden, coach John Tortorella came the closest. After responding to a question about the 1994 Eastern Conference finals by saying, "Not to disrespect what happened there, but that has nothing to do with how we're preparing," he presented two predictions.
"He'll play his best game [Friday night],'' Tortorella said of the backbone of the team, goaltender Henrik Lundqvist, who allowed four goals on 16 shots in Game 5 at the Garden on Wednesday night and was less than his Vezina-candidate self in the 4-1 loss in Game 4."
lets hope he makes 13 saves on 18 shots this time

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:06 AM
  #9
Status Quo
Registered User
 
Status Quo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,700
vCash: 1776
Wow. You guys rule. Hopefully the Devils do end the Rags season tonight. I can't take hearing about 94 anymore.

Status Quo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:24 AM
  #10
PWJunior
Moderator
Beware the POOP!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,449
vCash: 500
Hey Devils fans,

Since we're throwing our support your way, how about helping out our boy JT to get the NHL13 cover? It would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah, let's go Devils! End the series tonight!

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:24 AM
  #11
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!
 
IceAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,002
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones45 View Post
Can i get a........


Lets go Devils!!!!!

Lets go Devils!!!!!!!!!!!
you might also want to get an apostrophe, unless of course you literally have a bunch of devils holding onto you

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:31 AM
  #12
Kensu
Registered User
 
Kensu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,955
vCash: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Hey Devils fans,

Since we're throwing our support your way, how about helping out our boy JT to get the NHL13 cover? It would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah, let's go Devils! End the series tonight!
Deal!

Kensu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:34 AM
  #13
PWJunior
Moderator
Beware the POOP!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensu View Post
Deal!
Haha, that was easy.

I know Marty doesn't have time on his side so I'd love to see him get another Cup. He's the greatest goalie ever in my mind and I'd like to see him get one more before the Isles start running the table in the next few years.

As for JT, spread the word!

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:42 AM
  #14
TROLLPOSO
Registered User
 
TROLLPOSO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollvalchuk17 View Post
Wow. You guys rule. Hopefully the Devils do end the Rags season tonight. I can't take hearing about 94 anymore.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Until the Finals, then it's Go Kings Go time.

TROLLPOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:54 AM
  #15
Fantom
Registered User
 
Fantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones45 View Post
Today's paper mentioned that Torts predicts that Lundquist will play his best game tonight.....not quite a guarantee, but it is somewhat Messier-esque..

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...p-up-1.3739543



"After a brisk practice at Madison Square Garden, coach John Tortorella came the closest. After responding to a question about the 1994 Eastern Conference finals by saying, "Not to disrespect what happened there, but that has nothing to do with how we're preparing," he presented two predictions.
"He'll play his best game [Friday night],'' Tortorella said of the backbone of the team, goaltender Henrik Lundqvist, who allowed four goals on 16 shots in Game 5 at the Garden on Wednesday night and was less than his Vezina-candidate self in the 4-1 loss in Game 4."
Having torts expect is goalie to play his best game is not even same realm as a guarantee. are u insane ?

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 12:04 PM
  #16
JKP
Registered User
 
JKP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
I Hate both teams so......LETS GO KINGS!!!


Im trying to think what would hurt the RAGS more. Not making it to the SC or losing in the SC...
This is exactly how I feel.

JKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 12:05 PM
  #17
Fantom
Registered User
 
Fantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Haha, that was easy.

I know Marty doesn't have time on his side so I'd love to see him get another Cup. He's the greatest goalie ever in my mind and I'd like to see him get one more before the Isles start running the table in the next few years.

As for JT, spread the word!
Age is just a number. he could play for another 10 years for all we know. It is unlikely but you never fully know. I think that if he does win a cup he might retire though.

Marty is one of the top goalies of all time. I just do not consider him the best.
i think
Roy
swachuck were both better.

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 12:08 PM
  #18
islesfan3991
Registered User
 
islesfan3991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Orange County, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,456
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to islesfan3991
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
I Hate both teams so......LETS GO KINGS!!!


Im trying to think what would hurt the RAGS more. Not making it to the SC or losing in the SC...
Having the Devils win the Cup would hurt them pretty badly I would think.

islesfan3991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 12:22 PM
  #19
PWJunior
Moderator
Beware the POOP!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
Age is just a number. he could play for another 10 years for all we know. It is unlikely but you never fully know. I think that if he does win a cup he might retire though.

Marty is one of the top goalies of all time. I just do not consider him the best.
i think
Roy
swachuck were both better.
I really wish this was the case. I feel my age more and more every day. I think the days when something doesn't hurt in the morning are long gone.

Let's go Devs, let's go Marty. Win another Cup and retire so it makes it easier for the Isles going forward.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 12:54 PM
  #20
Fantom
Registered User
 
Fantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I really wish this was the case. I feel my age more and more every day. I think the days when something doesn't hurt in the morning are long gone.

Let's go Devs, let's go Marty. Win another Cup and retire so it makes it easier for the Isles going forward.
if he comes close i think he goes for a few more seasons

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 12:54 PM
  #21
Symon Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
I Hate both teams so......LETS GO KINGS!!!


Im trying to think what would hurt the RAGS more. Not making it to the SC or losing in the SC...
Any team that beats the Rags in the Playoffs gets my full support. Lets go Devils

Symon Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 01:57 PM
  #22
John TavArt Ross
Registered User
 
John TavArt Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 980
vCash: 500
I'm a Devils fan until the series is over, then either way it's all Kings.

John TavArt Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 02:31 PM
  #23
Degeneration Rex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Upstate,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I really wish this was the case. I feel my age more and more every day. I think the days when something doesn't hurt in the morning are long gone.

Let's go Devs, let's go Marty. Win another Cup and retire so it makes it easier for the Isles going forward.
One thing about Marty. There is no wasted motion in his game. Over his long career it all adds up to wear and tear saved on his body. Brodeur could play 2-3 more years but not with the workload he has most of his career.

Degeneration Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 03:30 PM
  #24
KingLio21093
Casey Zeeky
 
KingLio21093's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Garden City, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,815
vCash: 500
Never had a problem with the Devils. Plus it'd be cool to see Marty Brodeur get another Cup at this point in his career.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!!

KingLio21093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 04:07 PM
  #25
Islander102
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
Demolish them.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.