HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What a week!!!

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2003, 06:18 AM
Spearing47

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spearing47
What a week!!!

Just got back to reality here...

I had a blast last week . It was my first trip to Edmonton and I really appreciated it. It's an other world....the fans are so crazy up there!!!

I went to the game on thursday against Toronto and after that we went to ''Cowboys''. Watching a game at Skyreach is waaaay more entertaining than watching one at Bell center. Fans seems to know hockey a lot more and they are really behind their team. We also talked a bit with Kevin Lowe ...in french. He came to us to introduce himself. This guy is really high class.

On friday we went to the Commonwealth stadium to see both habs and Oils practices. We had a chance to take a lot of pictures of the players and the facilities of the Heritage Classic.

On saturday it was one of the best days of my life. We watched the Alumni game. it was the first time that I saw Wayne skate live. The atmosphere was crazy. Everything was classy and simple, but so cold...

After the games we went to ''Rum Jungle'' . really enjoyed this place...Girls were lookin' great out there!

After all that it's hard to work again...!!!

I must thank the Oilers organization for this memorable week and the people of Edmonton for the whole atmosphere around this event!! We really appreciated our trip!

I'll post pics I took during the week....As soon as my computer is fixed!!

See ya guys!

Old
11-25-2003, 06:29 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOON63
Just got back to reality here...

I had a blast last week . It was my first trip to Edmonton and I really appreciated it. It's an other world....the fans are so crazy up there!!!

I went to the game on thursday against Toronto and after that we went to ''Cowboys''. Watching a game at Skyreach is waaaay more entertaining than watching one at Bell center. Fans seems to know hockey a lot more and they are really behind their team. We also talked a bit with Kevin Lowe ...in french. He came to us to introduce himself. This guy is really high class.

On friday we went to the Commonwealth stadium to see both habs and Oils practices. We had a chance to take a lot of pictures of the players and the facilities of the Heritage Classic.

On saturday it was one of the best days of my life. We watched the Alumni game. it was the first time that I saw Wayne skate live. The atmosphere was crazy. Everything was classy and simple, but so cold...

After the games we went to ''Rum Jungle'' . really enjoyed this place...Girls were lookin' great out there!

After all that it's hard to work again...!!!

I must thank the Oilers organization for this memorable week and the people of Edmonton for the whole atmosphere around this event!! We really appreciated our trip!

I'll post pics I took during the week....As soon as my computer is fixed!!

See ya guys!
Thanks bud, glad you had a good time...

Did you get a chance to see that streaker during the HC? Apparently it was quite hilarious.

Old
11-25-2003, 06:31 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

There was a streaker? Man, that's gotta be a bad idea.

I'm picturing George Costanza running around yelling "SHRINKAGE! THERE WAS SHRINKAGE!"

Old
11-25-2003, 06:55 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
I'm picturing George Costanza running around yelling "SHRINKAGE! THERE WAS SHRINKAGE!"
I was thinking the same thing!

I miss George.

Old
11-25-2003, 07:00 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
WELL
1. I hate, I HATE, I HATE Sinfeld AND ESPECIALY Costanza!

2. Sounds like you had a heck of a long weekend. Glad you enjoyed it. Did you see much/any of Marc Andre?

Old
11-25-2003, 07:37 AM
Spearing47

Send a message via MSN to Spearing47
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26

2. Sounds like you had a heck of a long weekend. Glad you enjoyed it. Did you see much/any of Marc Andre?
Yeah he stayed with us almost the whole time we were there.

Old
11-25-2003, 08:22 AM
PineJockey

I was always a little bit suspicious of you Thome, but now I'm convinced you are a lunatic.

Costanza is the best TV character since Danny Bonnaduce on the Partridge Family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
WELL
1. I hate, I HATE, I HATE Sinfeld AND ESPECIALY Costanza!

Old
11-25-2003, 08:43 AM
copperandblue

I gotta ask, out side of the media spot light what was his (or even the players in general) take on having to play outside?

Was it truly positive or were they actually put off by the whole idea and simply saying the right things to the media under pressure from management?

Old
11-25-2003, 11:17 AM
oilswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOON63
I had a blast last week . It was my first trip to Edmonton and I really appreciated it.
Thanks for the story. I'm envious that you could manage to get away and make the trip. And I would say you should feel a little satisfaction for having contributed to the event: that's the spirit the event was trying to capture and celebrate. I could only long to be there.

Closed Thread