HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCF Gm #5 5/22/12: KINGS Defeat COYOTES in OT 4-3, Win Series 4-1, WE WANT THE CUP !!

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2012, 08:55 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

vCash: 500
Pretty funny I asked about what Vermette was saying to Penner in the handshake line and he ends up talking about it after practice today. Mayor's Manor posted it on YouTube..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=FKuFzhUchBo

go to the 3:00 mark..

Ps, I'm 100% sure Penner combs his beard up, there's absolutely no way it's that thick. I'm growing my playoff beard too, I'm lebanese and it's pretty effing bad

Old
05-24-2012, 09:15 PM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

I didn't realize they didn't sell out game 5. That would be a warning signal if I were a potential owner. Even being down 3-1 in the series, it's round 3 with a team making club history by even being there and playing good hockey.

From azcentral.com:
Quote:
The arena was not teeming with people. When the Coyotes lost the first three games of the series, a bandwagon town began to scatter like rats off a leaky ship. Some seats went unsold, a sharp contrast to the Eastern Conference finals, were the average ticket price for Game 4 was a whopping $474.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyo...#ixzz1vq6JFroK

Old
05-24-2012, 10:13 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Is it too late for a Penner with a wenner?

Old
05-24-2012, 10:19 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Pretty funny I asked about what Vermette was saying to Penner in the handshake line and he ends up talking about it after practice today. Mayor's Manor posted it on YouTube..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=FKuFzhUchBo

go to the 3:00 mark..

Ps, I'm 100% sure Penner combs his beard up, there's absolutely no way it's that thick. I'm growing my playoff beard too, I'm lebanese and it's pretty effing bad
So Penner got chirped in line as well, lol. His response was great though, "I DON'T have time to talk right now about this, I've got a flight to catch."

Old
05-24-2012, 11:06 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Just FYI for anybody who might be interested, they will be doing one of those fan viewing things in the building for games 1 and 2.

Old
05-24-2012, 11:26 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Just FYI for anybody who might be interested, they will be doing one of those fan viewing things in the building for games 1 and 2.
Wow... I'm shocked. NBC put the kibosh on those for NY/NJ.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2012/5/2...wing-party-nbc

Old
05-24-2012, 11:30 PM
damacles1156

I was wondering about that, I plan to drive down to LA for game 3 or (game 6 if needed).

What is the best place to watch the game at LA Live ?

Cause I can't afford tickets for the Cup game for all my friends. Any watch parties going on ?

Old
05-25-2012, 12:03 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
So Penner got chirped in line as well, lol. His response was great though, "I DON'T have time to talk right now about this, I've got a flight to catch."
I love that those little boys have the balls to talk during the handshake AFTER the series is over. It's cool Penner, just call him a ***** because you could tell that is exactly what he thought.

Old
05-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Ask KingsVision and you shall (sometimes) receive. They do take requests in the stickied thread ya know

http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocent...8948&catid=731
Sounds like Nickson was jumping out of his seat when Penner scored. Sounds like when he says "....scores...", it sounds like the mic is shaking from him jumping up celebrating.

Old
05-25-2012, 12:12 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Doughty gifs!!!

Old
05-25-2012, 02:27 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Doughty gifs!!!

lol awesome!

Old
05-25-2012, 06:02 AM
zeppelin97

Doan sheds some light on what was shared with Brown in the handshake line.

Quote:
On Thursday, he apologized for his postgame comments and for not being able to listen to Brown when he attempted to talk to him in the handshake line.

"We went to do the handshake and he was trying to explain and I said "Not now!' then he said 'Come on' and tried again and I said "No, not right now,' and that was it, Doan said. "That's really all it was.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=632742

Old
05-25-2012, 06:07 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Just re-watched the game, and there were a couple of things I noticed about the handshake this time around that I didn't the first. I thought Doan just said something to Brown and kept going, but he was holding up Brown for a while, and Richards actually stepped in, took over the situation, moved Brown along and shouted "let's go! let's go!" while separating him with Doan. Nice, strong move by Richards. The second things I noticed was that Doan didn't just chirp at Brown, he chirped at just about every single King in the entire line, which was mind boggling.

Also, there was a lot more trash than I noticed before (probably because I was bouncing off the walls screaming and passing out). Don't the Yotes fans realize that their own staff is going to have to clean that and they are soiling their own ice? Throwing garbage on the opposing team is pretty screwed up in the first place, but throwing it all over your own ice is just silly and stupid, only hurts yourself.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
05-25-2012, 09:58 AM
cyclones22

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin97 View Post

I just watched that video again. I call BS on this. Doan is giving him lip service before Brown even reaches out for the handshake. Then Brown leans in to hear whatever the heck Doan is telling him, then Brown moves on and STILL Doan is chirping. Right. At no time did it ever look like Brown wanted to stop and "explain". Couple that with the fact that Penner said he himself was getting earful in the handshake line, and I just find it incredibly hard to believe.

Old
05-25-2012, 10:16 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Just re-watched the game, and there were a couple of things I noticed about the handshake this time around that I didn't the first. I thought Doan just said something to Brown and kept going, but he was holding up Brown for a while, and Richards actually stepped in, took over the situation, moved Brown along and shouted "let's go! let's go!" while separating him with Doan. Nice, strong move by Richards. The second things I noticed was that Doan didn't just chirp at Brown, he chirped at just about every single King in the entire line, which was mind boggling.
I believe that Richards pushed Brown along when Hanzel was talking to him.

Old
05-25-2012, 10:30 AM
kovacro
"Jazz Hands" by Alec

Quote:
Also, there was a lot more trash than I noticed before (probably because I was bouncing off the walls screaming and passing out). Don't the Yotes fans realize that their own staff is going to have to clean that and they are soiling their own ice? Throwing garbage on the opposing team is pretty screwed up in the first place, but throwing it all over your own ice is just silly and stupid, only hurts yourself.
They won't be needing the ice anymore this year anyhow. The only ice the Coyotes and their fans are seeing right now is the ice in their drinks.

Old
05-25-2012, 10:35 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpunk View Post
Pretty funny response by Penner to the chirping from Vermette:

""I got chirped in line, too, for my headlock I put on (Antoine) Vermette in Game 2," Penner told LA Kings Insider. "He wanted to rehash that. I was a little surprised."

Penner said he responded: " 'I don't have time to talk, right now, about this. I've got a flight to catch.' "

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../19796636.html
If Penner is good at anything, it's trash talk. Why Vermette would want to bring that up, three games and like a week later, in the line-up is beyond me, but he picked the wrong guy to argue with. Penner is a hilarous guy with a quick wit about him. Love the comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin97 View Post

I say BS as well. Doan says a lot more than "not now." If he said "not now" he was doing it 'english dubbing over Japanese karate film' style.

Doan is a real piece of work/****. Love how there's no comment on how Hanzal faked getting high-sticked or how Roszival's knee is in mint condition still, two things he harped on after the game. He can't admit he's wrong, but he sure as **** can spin things so he's the better guy. What a sack of monkey **** that guy is.

Old
05-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:

that was Hanzal

Brown tried to talk to Doan but Doan was shaking his head and didnt want to stop to talk to him.

Old
05-25-2012, 01:42 PM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
We all have different perceptions, I guess. From what I saw, Doan pretty much singled out Brown and was fine with everyone else. I didn't think Brown stopped him or anything, I thought Doan skated up to him already running his mouth. We can't really see Brown's face from any of the angles I've seen though, so it's hard to say.

Richards separated Brown and Hanzal, for sure. Not Doan and Brown, who both drifted from each other.

Old
05-25-2012, 01:52 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vh2k7 View Post
We all have different perceptions, I guess. From what I saw, Doan pretty much singled out Brown and was fine with everyone else. I didn't think Brown stopped him or anything, I thought Doan skated up to him already running his mouth. We can't really see Brown's face from any of the angles I've seen though, so it's hard to say.

Richards separated Brown and Hanzal, for sure. Not Doan and Brown, who both drifted from each other.
You see Brown's face when he's with Doan here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-0BpZIRjs

Around the 45 second mark. Vermette's conversation with penner is there as well, a bit earlier.

Old
05-25-2012, 02:17 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

WINNER WINNER DUSTIN PENNER!!!!!

Great game

I lost allot of faith in Tippet and feel that the game plan that the Coyotes brought is what put them down 3-0 in the series and that can be set at the feet of DT. One they started playing hockey and stopped trying to run around injuring Kings they became competitive.

Doan showed that he has ZERO class and the same can be said for Yandle and the rest with the way that they behaved both during the series and after the final game.

The best revenge for the puppies antics was winning the in their rink.

Last edited by etherialone: 05-25-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old
05-25-2012, 02:26 PM
outofrange

Yeah, Brown just looked floored and surprised by the entire thing. Doan is lying to cover his ass.

Old
05-25-2012, 02:37 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

There is no way Brown is trying to explain anything to Doan. Doan starts yapping at Brown, Brown leans in to hear what he is saying, says maybe three or four words continues on, and Doan still can't shutup.

Old
05-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

At this point, I really don't care. He can go shoe horses or whatever he does in the summer. He lost fair and square and I think he is slowly realizing that. One this is for sure, there is concrete evidence out there of what was said. KingsVision had the players mic'd up all the way through the handshakes. God I'd love to hear that audio.

Old
05-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
You see Brown's face when he's with Doan here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-0BpZIRjs
Around the 45 second mark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Brown tried to talk to Doan but Doan was shaking his head and didnt want to stop to talk to him.
WRONG, watch the above video

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrange View Post
Yeah, Brown just looked floored and surprised by the entire thing. Doan is lying to cover his ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
There is no way Brown is trying to explain anything to Doan. Doan starts yapping at Brown, Brown leans in to hear what he is saying, says maybe three or four words continues on, and Doan still can't shutup.
I Tried ... tried to give Doan the benefit of doubt, tried to allow for it being the heat of battle, heat of the moment type of reaction ... but for him to LIE about it the NEXT DAY ... yeah totally lost respect for him, he's a ********* whiney sore loser just like the rest of that team and a good chunk of their fans ... they should be ashamed.

Closed Thread