HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff Ticket Prices & Availability (PART II)

Old
05-25-2012, 01:44 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
http://www.stubhub.com/new-jersey-de...-2012-4034660/

Prices still dropping. You can get lowers starting at 200.

05-25-2012, 03:14 AM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
I went through through NJ transit at Penn Station on Monday. You get off at Newark Penn and then walk like 2-3 blocks to the arena. 20 minute ride.

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 07:34 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhg39 View Post
What happened to the ticket sale rules? Do they not apply during the playoffs?

List the Section and Row of the seats.
List your asking price (Please keep all asking prices at or below face value + fees & shipping costs, if applicable.)
Remember to mark your tickets as sold once they are gone.
Please do not over-post your tickets. Give others a chance to list theirs.
This season, with the premiums people were able to get, if this was enforced, no one would be posting tickets for sale.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 07:44 AM
RUSF18

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
This season, with the premiums people were able to get, if this was enforced, no one would be posting tickets for sale.
True. I have no problem with people trying to sell tickets even way above face, especially come playoff time. But it's kind of annoying when people don't even list their asking price.

RUSF18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:13 AM
RUSF18

Prices for tonight are on the way down...a bunch just hit SH under $150.

RUSF18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

130 a piece on tickets now. wow joke

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 12:00 PM
ban

Thinking prices coming down because Ranger fans are not too excited, since we are behind. Devil fans would have trouble filling Rock on their own, and there is no way they are going to pay any kind of premium.

If there is a game 7, do not expect prices to be low.

ban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban View Post
Thinking prices coming down because Ranger fans are not too excited, since we are behind. Devil fans would have trouble filling Rock on their own, and there is no way they are going to pay any kind of premium.

If there is a game 7, do not expect prices to be low.
It's Memorial Day lull as well.

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 12:10 PM
GloveSave35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
It's Memorial Day lull as well.
I was gonna say this. Lots of people will be out of town or having to fill family obligations this weekend. Expect ticket prices to reflect that.

Hoping this holds true if/when there is a game 7. Might try to head into NYC to experience MSG for the first time (been to 2 away games thus far) if tickets are affordable!

GloveSave35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Abooch68

I would just say don't get your hopes up of prices going down if there is a game 7 at MSG... Tickets on Stubhub will probably go up if the Rangers win tonight..

Abooch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 12:38 PM
GloveSave35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
I would just say don't get your hopes up of prices going down if there is a game 7 at MSG... Tickets on Stubhub will probably go up if the Rangers win tonight..
I'm sure you are correct sir. I will continue to stupidly hope anyways! Haha

GloveSave35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 02:04 PM
PKNY94

I have 1 extra ticket for tonight's game at the Pebble. You'll be sitting next to 3 die-hard Rangers fans. Section 227 (Upper side- on Rangers attack end) Row 9.

Selling for ticketmaster face value of $167.75 + paypal. PM for details or email: pkny120@gmail.com

Here's a video that I shot of the Rangers fans at Game 3. Let's do the same and take over the Pebble tonight!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KW5L8DiqBQ

PKNY94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 02:13 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Hi, Kings fan here (one who REALLY wants you guys to win the series!). Anyways I'm insane and will be flying in for the first game of the finals either way, and wanted to ask what MSG is like, or more specifically, are there obstructed view seats? I was looking at tickets in section 426. Is it worth it to spring for the 300 level? Its hard to tell whats what from the pictures I've seen on the internet.

Anywho, thanks for your help and GO RANGERS! (for now, at least )

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Dangleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Hi, Kings fan here (one who REALLY wants you guys to win the series!). Anyways I'm insane and will be flying in for the first game of the finals either way, and wanted to ask what MSG is like, or more specifically, are there obstructed view seats? I was looking at tickets in section 426. Is it worth it to spring for the 300 level? Its hard to tell whats what from the pictures I've seen on the internet.

Anywho, thanks for your help and GO RANGERS! (for now, at least )
The upper rows on the goal end 400s will be obstructed.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 02:46 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
The upper rows on the goal end 400s will be obstructed.
Good to know. The stubhub chart is confusing as hell with all its different color codes. So 400 sections labeled as "sideline" are OK?

Old
05-25-2012, 02:50 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Good to know. The stubhub chart is confusing as hell with all its different color codes. So 400 sections labeled as "sideline" are OK?
yup you'll be fine and be towards the end the kings shoot twice

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 02:56 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
yup you'll be fine and be towards the end the kings shoot twice
Sweet, thanks. Last question, I promise, is that insanely far away and is the 300 level much closer to be worth the extra $80 per ticket?

Old
05-25-2012, 03:03 PM
goalie dude
Rookie User

No, not at all. but JDM i'd recommend sitting in the 300s because the 400s are ruthless, if you're wearing kings garb and show any emotion you may be pummeled with beers and insults..

Just being honest

the view from 400-300 isn't much better/worse, but the fans are a lot more rabid up there

goalie dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 03:08 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie dude View Post
No, not at all. but JDM i'd recommend sitting in the 300s because the 400s are ruthless, if you're wearing kings garb and show any emotion you may be pummeled with beers and insults..

Just being honest

the view from 400-300 isn't much better/worse, but the fans are a lot more rabid up there
lol... I understand. I'm one of those ruthless fans at Staples, but really you think physical assault of some sort is likely?

Personally I don't mind, so long as its not Dodger Stadium end up in the hospital kind of rabid, because I'm insane too and like the jawing part of it, I'm all for yelling, cursing and being insulted, I know I'm invading, but the beer soaking and anything beyond, not my idea of fun... I'll be with my little sister and parents as well, and they definitely won't appreciate it. That probably makes it worth it to go lower.

Old
05-25-2012, 03:10 PM
gmerger37

Quote:
lol... I understand. I'm one of those ruthless fans at Staples, but really you think physical assault of some sort is likely?

Personally I don't mind, so long as its not Dodger Stadium end up in the hospital kind of rabid, because I'm insane too and like the jawing part of it, I'm all for yelling, cursing and being insulted, I know I'm invading, but the beer soaking and anything beyond, not my idea of fun... I'll be with my little sister and parents as well, and they definitely won't appreciate it. That probably makes it worth it to go lower.
Definitely better to be safe rather than sorry. While most fans like myself are civil and won't go further than a few verbal jabs here and there in jest, all it takes is one or two drunk idiots to start throwing stuff and runing your trip.

gmerger37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 03:16 PM
HagsSwag

Looking for one ticket for tonight. Must be willing to meet before game and walk in with me if you dont respond in the next hour.

Preferably inexpensive seats, will throw you a small tip. Message me.

HagsSwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 03:21 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmerger37 View Post
Definitely better to be safe rather than sorry. While most fans like myself are civil and won't go further than a few verbal jabs here and there in jest, all it takes is one or two drunk idiots to start throwing stuff and runing your trip.
Always a risk. We invaded Phoenix for game 1 of the Conference Finals too and were with a friend who brought his 13 year old kid. Some drunk ******* Phoenix fan shoved the kid and nearly started a brawl. Of course this happened in the 100 level concession isle in a town where "rabid" fans are totally few and far between so drunk idiots can be found anywhere. I tend to be pretty good at spotting the violent ones that I need to just ignore and not incite, but you are right, better safe than sorry.

Either way, I'm excited to be going back to New York, my whole family is New Yorkers, I'm first generation west coaster, love the city and am dying to see a game at MSG! **** Prudential and all things Devils.

I'll be cheering you guys on tonight!

Thanks for the help.

Old
05-25-2012, 04:04 PM
goalie dude
Rookie User

Quote:

put it this way, after game 5 i saw a devils fan sucker punched by 3 diff guys, almost thrown over the railing in the upper 400s.. It could have gotten ugly. That was one of many fights.

Not that i'm proud of fellow blueshirt fans acting like drunk highschool kids, it does happen and it's rather unforuntate

buyer beware

goalie dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 04:20 PM
useref15

Quote:

Just being honest

You'll be fine. Even though it would be the SCF if it happens, it's the Kings, and there is no rivalry. Also, there won't be the same crowd as there is against rivals because they won't be able to afford these tickets. If you see something in the 400s jump on it. Nothing will happen to you. It's not the 70s anymore. The 400s are fine.

useref15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 04:22 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
put it this way, after game 5 i saw a devils fan sucker punched by 3 diff guys, almost thrown over the railing in the upper 400s.. It could have gotten ugly. That was one of many fights.

Not that i'm proud of fellow blueshirt fans acting like drunk highschool kids, it does happen and it's rather unforuntate

buyer beware
That was one of the uglier incidents I've seen at MSG. From what I saw from my seats, it looked like three full rows of people going at it. I'm really surprised the guy didn't go over, he came pretty close.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote