HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Spacek/Gill confirm Martin is garbage coach, Gauthier senile old man, Cunney a puppet

Old
05-25-2012, 07:08 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
18 goal per year types (74 in last 4 years) with probable drinking issues are not wise long term investments.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8470603

He's a high risk/medium return type. Not a good risk profile. Maybe a one year deal would be ok, but signing this guy to a 4 year deal wouldn't be very prudent imo.
I'd take AK46 back for right money yes.
Everyone that was givin him problems(JM) is gone now .

He did say he wanted to stay in Montreal for less money .....i would test that theory in off season, he is a solid player.Offer him less money and see what happens .

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 08:19 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I'd take AK46 back for right money yes.
Everyone that was givin him problems(JM) is gone now .

He did say he wanted to stay in Montreal for less money .....i would test that theory in off season, he is a solid player.Offer him less money and see what happens .
I'd like AK46 back, but.. it would surprise me if it happened.

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 08:28 AM
teh doors
worst habs poster

Quote:
18 goal per year types (74 in last 4 years) with probable drinking issues are not wise long term investments.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8470603

He's a high risk/medium return type. Not a good risk profile. Maybe a one year deal would be ok, but signing this guy to a 4 year deal wouldn't be very prudent imo.
What are you a kindergarten teacher? "Probably drinking issues", they're pro hockey players man, so he stayed out late according to media reports, jesus, oh no.

Nilan on the radio after it happened told stories of basically every Habs player on the teams he was on, including the captains, doing the same thing.

This just in: 20-something multi-millionaire's like booze and girls! Run for the hills!

teh doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 08:58 AM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
What are you a kindergarten teacher? "Probably drinking issues", they're pro hockey players man, so he stayed out late according to media reports, jesus, oh no.

Nilan on the radio after it happened told stories of basically every Habs player on the teams he was on, including the captains, doing the same thing.

This just in: 20-something multi-millionaire's like booze and girls! Run for the hills!
There's nothing wrong with that as long as it isn't the night before a HUGE playoff game. Everyone likes to have fun but there's a time and place for it and AK and Radulov showed horrible judgment doing it the night before a playoff game. I don't want players on the Habs who could care less about winning the Cup. AKost would fall under this category. He's a knuckle-head.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 09:14 AM
teh doors
worst habs poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
There's nothing wrong with that as long as it isn't the night before a HUGE playoff game. Everyone likes to have fun but there's a time and place for it and AK and Radulov showed horrible judgment doing it the night before a playoff game. I don't want players on the Habs who could care less about winning the Cup. AKost would fall under this category. He's a knuckle-head.
I still remain skeptical of the whole story. Noone can be that stupid. I mean, he seemed to do alright weathering the storm of playoff games in Montreal (and was the most popular teammate on the team).

I stopped following the story a few weeks ago (I don't think as big a stink would have been made if it were 2 Canadian players involved). The good old boys club that is the Canadian/NHL media would've said "oh, boys will be boys.. couple of good old Canadian kids chasin chicks in the desert!"

I'd take Kostitsyn back here in a second. 3 million dollars for a guy that can play anywhere on your top nine and score 20-25, yeah, any day.

Old
05-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
I still remain skeptical of the whole story. Noone can be that stupid. I mean, he seemed to do alright weathering the storm of playoff games in Montreal (and was the most popular teammate on the team).
There's nothing stupid about Radulov. He came here to burn the last year of his entry level contract and did it in less than two months while having the time of his life the night before games. He certainly didn't come here to win the Cup. He'll now have the option of a big contract here or a big contract in Russia.

As for AK, I really don't think he's the brightest bear in the woods and it probably didn't take much for Radulov to convince AK to be his wing man that night. Was he really the most popular teammate on the Habs? I thought he was simply Gomez's best friend.

Quote:
I stopped following the story a few weeks ago (I don't think as big a stink would have been made if it were 2 Canadian players involved). The good old boys club that is the Canadian/NHL media would've said "oh, boys will be boys.. couple of good old Canadian kids chasin chicks in the desert!"
If PK was involved, most of the hockey world would be asking for the death penalty. In all seriousness, Carey Price took a beating a few years ago when pictures of him smoking/partying etc surfaced all over the internet in conjunction with the infamous darkest day in Habs history. As for your previous comments from Chris Nilan....the game/world has changed. If players are out all night nowadays, the entire world would know....especially if it's a Habs player. Also the game is so much faster now that you'd be risking your safety playing hungover in today's game (especially in these headhunting playoffs).

Quote:
I'd take Kostitsyn back here in a second. 3 million dollars for a guy that can play anywhere on your top nine and score 20-25, yeah, any day.
You're right that it's not a bad rate for his overall production (despite the erratic play and judgment). However, he'll likely make significantly more than $3m in the KHL with much better tax rate than Quebec. I also don't think new management will take the PR hit of signing him (the mediots would be all over it). Also AK's best buddy Gomez likely isn't going to be back with the Habs.

Last edited by Schooner Guy: 05-25-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old
05-25-2012, 09:47 AM
MathMan

Quote:
I still remain skeptical of the whole story. Noone can be that stupid.
Probably because people think it was a 4AM drunken binge, as opposed to "an hour late for curfew" which seems to be the latest information.

Also to be noted that they played the next game and were among the best on their club. They were actually suspended for the game after next.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 10:05 AM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Didn't AK fire his agent right after he got traded? I don't know if that was because he didn't get him an extension in here (maybe he didn't actually offer the discount AK was willing to offer?) or for some other reason but I think AK would listen if Bergevin made him an offer.

And honestly he's probably one of the best realistic possibility out there. Parise will get tons of teams bidding on him and Whitney and Doan are probably staying with the Coyotes.

Penner had steal written all over him before the playoffs but with the what-have-you-done-for-me-lately mentality there is around the league he might actually end up with a higher cap hit than AK by more than 1M for a pretty similar level of play. (Though I would still try to see what he wants)

Semin is another guy I would extend an offer to but after those guy AK is probably the best UFA foward out there especially considering the caphit he'll probably get. (except if I'm missing someone)

He's one of the most credible two-way player on the market (and by that I mean actual can play top opposition and contribute offensively at the same time and not the he hits and he looks like he care so he's probably a two-way player). He's pretty much a 15 ES goals-34 ES points guy year after year while playing top opposition most of that time. I really hope we at least try to sign him (I am also not changing my name till he's gotten a contract somewhere, just in case )

Also that thread title makes me think of a newspaper headline you'd get on the Simpsons everytime I see it.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 10:34 AM
teh doors
worst habs poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
Also that thread title makes me think of a newspaper headline you'd get on the Simpsons everytime I see it.
It totally does.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:01 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Probably because people think it was a 4AM drunken binge, as opposed to "an hour late for curfew" which seems to be the latest information.

Also to be noted that they played the next game and were among the best on their club. They were actually suspended for the game after next.
Radulov was horrendous.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:06 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Radulov was horrendous.
That narrative was based on a lazy-Russian hatchet job on a botched backcheck. But he was tied for best chance differential on his team. Granted, it was not a great game for the Preds, but he was at least in the black.

Here: http://www.shutdownline.com/hurrican...g-chances.html

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:

It's interesting how so many are completely dismissive of a guy getting hammered the night before a playoff game.

If this were an isolated report/incident, then so be it. Stuff happens. The problem which I have is that it's no secret that AK enjoyed the nightlife plenty in Montreal. That's no problem in and of itself. What becomes the problem is the all-to-frequent games in which he doesn't even show up. He's a 20 goal scorer who takes plenty of games off and has-by outward appearance- a questionable work ethic. He is not the kind of player one builds Championships around.

He's a free agent. The proof will be in the pudding. I'm not seeing Detroit, Chicago, Vancouver, New York Rags, Boston or St. Louis signing him. Perhaps I'm wrong. The free agent market for forwards is thin. If this guy really doesn't have any serious off ice issues and he's as good as so many on this board thinks that he is, then he'll have plenty of long term, big money offers from the best teams in the league to consider.

Last edited by Cyclones Rock: 05-25-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 01:21 PM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

For the record, they were only out until 1am. I don't like either player but the 4am binge drinking **** was unfounded and silly.

WhiskeySeven* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Radulov was horrendous.
He sure was. Float, float, float.

Old
05-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Well, there was a guy called Halak who stole those first two rounds. Did you forget about that? You quickly forget that the Habs got knocked out in the 1st round last year...and then won 30-35% of their games this past season...

How can you have such undying love for a coach who wasn't really that good?
He didn't steal **** against Pittsburgh, Martin totally outcoached Bylsma like a boss that series and anybody who watched it knows it, and you are totally underselling how great we were at making Halak's job easy.

Last edited by Fish on The Sand: 05-25-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 05:11 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
I can confirm that Spacek was garbage.

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

I'm truly glad that Spacek said what he said. It's fun to see the Gauthier/Martin defenders act like fish out of water. And from what I read today on Dave Stubbs' Twitter, there might be more coming out tomorrow from other former players. Keep fighting the lost battle folks.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I'm truly glad that Spacek said what he said. It's fun to see the Gauthier/Martin defenders act like fish out of water. And from what I read today on Dave Stubbs' Twitter, there might be more coming out tomorrow from other former players. Keep fighting the lost battle folks.
Martin is one of the best things that has happened to this team in years. The immediate nosedive we took right after his firing proves that. If he was around in 2008 we could have won the cup.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 08:12 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
That narrative was based on a lazy-Russian hatchet job on a botched backcheck. But he was tied for best chance differential on his team. Granted, it was not a great game for the Preds, but he was at least in the black.

Here: http://www.shutdownline.com/hurrican...g-chances.html
LOL okay. I remember watching him in the game and was wondering why he was always a step behind everything. Granted the whole team was **** but he was just way behind most plays.

Old
05-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Martin is one of the best things that has happened to this team in years. The immediate nosedive we took right after his firing proves that. If he was around in 2008 we could have won the cup.
Strongly disagreed. He and Gauthier have sent this franchise backwards big time. It's so refreshing to finally have a true GM and hopefully, a coach who isn't as smothering.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 08:19 PM
DAChampion

Ryan Getzlaf gets into drunken bar fights the night before a game, police comes over, and then stinks it up during a loss, and nobody says "I wouldn't want Getzlaf".

I wonder what the difference is, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ??????

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 08:20 PM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Martin also ruined and squeezed a ton of our players and drove their value into the ground.

WhiskeySeven* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 08:26 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
He's a free agent. The proof will be in the pudding. I'm not seeing Detroit, Chicago, Vancouver, New York Rags, Boston or St. Louis signing him.
Excellent point.

Russian players are underrated, so we can probably get Semin or AK46 for less than they're worth.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 08:32 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Ryan Getzlaf gets into drunken bar fights the night before a game, police comes over, and then stinks it up during a loss, and nobody says "I wouldn't want Getzlaf".

I wonder what the difference is, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ??????
The difference is he won a cup (which he was a good part of) and he's a physical beast. But inconsistent the past 2 seasons. Would love to have him but would cost too much. Not worth the expected return.

Old
05-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Martin also ruined and squeezed a ton of our players and drove their value into the ground.
Nope. Fanboys overvalue their beloved players.

Oh by the way, is JM coaching the Devils? They let the Rangers make a comeback. JM telling the Devils to sit back.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote