HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Offseason Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-25-2012, 11:08 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

vCash: 500
A lot of you are really unbelieveable.

Trade Gaborik? Awesome idea to trade the only 40 goal scorer on the team. He was hurt since midway through the Ottawa series. I guarantee that.

This team is only one or two smart hockey trades away from being a bonafide contender. I expect to see Erixon promoted to full time duty next year, that way the top 4 defensemen have to play 25 minutes a night. This team will benefit from someone with his puck moving ability out of the back end.

I really think Hagelin and Kreider have made Dubinsky and to a lesser extent Anisimov expendable. I think Dubi played his last game as a Ranger tonight. Who do the Rangers go for to add scoring though? Nash? Ryan? Parise? Sharp?

This team is still in awesome shape for two or three more years to make a run at the Cup. I have faith that a Cup is coming, and soon. Just not this year.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

You don't dismantle a Stanley Cup Contender. You tweak things, and re-up. The foundation is there. Gaborik shouldn't, and likely isn't going anywhere.

We either start next season with the same mentality we've had, meaning no major roster shake-up. Or, we make an adjustment, like moving Dubinsky.

I don't think we can afford another superstar, like Parise. And no chance in hell we give up a plethora of assets for a guy like Nash.

Stay the course. Maybe consolidate some of our assets for a long-term fixture in our line-up.

I would insist Gaborik and Richards spend the entire off-season glued to eachother. Summer, training camp, pre-season, etc.

Anisimov and Dubinsky both had terrible seasons imo. Doesn't mean they should be traded, but both guys fell well short of their expectations. Stepan was gassed down the stretch. He seriously needs to improve his lower body strength this summer. Hagelin had a sparkling rookie year, but he is better suited on the third line. He took a lot of dumb penalty's of late too.

Del Zotto is bound to become this teams whipping boy again. Shame too, he was great this year, and is still so young. He still needs time.

Stralman was this years Prospal. Low-Key signing that was a rock. Bring him back.

A healthy Sauer could have been the difference between the Cup finals, and our unfortunate demise. Despite all the defensive depth we have, a Righty with some oomph to his game really stands out.

I want more MZA. He impressed me before the wrist injury.

How much cap space do we have this summer?

Old
05-25-2012, 11:09 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Who what? I have no idea who will be available in the offseason via trade or whatnot. Not sure who I want to target via UFA.

I do know that I want to get rid of Dubinsky.
The thing is that the secondary scorers that hit FA and are affordable are usually very flawed players ala the Tomas Flesichman's and Kopecky's of the league. I just don't see those guys working out on this team. Plus, I really don't see any mid-level FA being that much of an upgrade over Hagelin or Kreider.

I think Dubinsky's season was mostly a product of unreasonable expectations and bad luck.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:10 PM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Cool. An exception to the rule really proves that you're right...

You don't trade a 22 year old defenseman that just scored 40 points. You just don't.

05-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Sit back and analyze the situation. Trading Gaborik is ****ing idiotic. Period. Are we the #1 seed without his 40 goals? DO we even make the ****ing playoffs without his 40 goals? The problem, which many of you seem to miss, is that we have no SECONDARY SCORING. So when our top guy gets shut down there is nobody there to pick up the slack. So then you all ***** and moan that he is the problem. Get a clue.

Old
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaalWars View Post
The thing is that the secondary scorers that hit FA and are affordable are usually very flawed players ala the Tomas Flesichman's and Kopecky's of the league. I just don't see those guys working out on this team. Plus, I really don't see any mid-level FA being that much of an upgrade over Hagelin or Kreider.

I think Dubinsky's season was mostly a product of unreasonable expectations and bad luck.
Kopecky would work out nicely on the 3rd or 4th line. I'm not really talking much about FA, though. I really think we need to start moving some youth for players at this point.

Old
Krampus
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle62 View Post
Cool. An exception to the rule really proves that you're right...

You don't trade a 22 year old defenseman that just scored 40 points. You just don't.
I said in another post, I would trade him, IF someone is willing to overpay

Old
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
A lot of you are really unbelieveable.

Trade Gaborik? Awesome idea to trade the only 40 goal scorer on the team. He was hurt since midway through the Ottawa series. I guarantee that.

This team is only one or two smart hockey trades away from being a bonafide contender. I expect to see Erixon promoted to full time duty next year, that way the top 4 defensemen have to play 25 minutes a night. This team will benefit from someone with his puck moving ability out of the back end.

I really think Hagelin and Kreider have made Dubinsky and to a lesser extent Anisimov expendable. I think Dubi played his last game as a Ranger tonight. Who do the Rangers go for to add scoring though? Nash? Ryan? Parise? Sharp?

This team is still in awesome shape for two or three more years to make a run at the Cup. I have faith that a Cup is coming, and soon. Just not this year.
Why is it when ever Gaborik is playing bad, he's always considered "hurt"?

Old
Vitto79

They r gonna let Feds go , hope prust is back, going to get a scorer somehow. I wouldn't change much

Old
05-25-2012, 11:12 PM
Machinehead
TG15:WoodlandCritter

We needed more offense going in, we needed more offense all season, and we needed more offense at the end. Mr. Sather, the floor is yours.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:13 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

good thing Prust turned off him brain in the playoffs. Probably made him a bit cheaper

Old
05-25-2012, 11:14 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
good thing Prust turned off him brain in the playoffs. Probably made him a bit cheaper
Hopefully a bit cheaper for another team to sign.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:15 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Rangers 3rd and 4th line scoring. Any time the 4th line was on the ice there was a 0% chance of a goal. It's the truth. There was a higher chance of a goal against than a goal for. No speed, no offensive skill, why are they out there?

Old
Affinity

What a great season from our guys this year. So proud of them getting to the ECF, which is what I hoped for at the beginning of the season. It's painful now but we have such a bright future. Nothing but optimistic about next year.

Old
Melrose_Jr.

Beating the Devils would have been better than a Cup win for me. Oh well. That's racin'. You examine the data inside and out, then come back better than ever next time. That's how you get to the top. You work at it. It's not the kind of the kind of thing that falls into your lap. It's a process. An "x" year plan. I'm a supporter of the plan despite today's result.

Old
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

We need a skilled player.

Trade Gaborik for a draft pick, prospect, veteran scorer (with a good contract) or some thing. Trade for Nash. (skilled player I want) I would rather have Nash then Gaborik.

Wouldn't want them on the same team to much $$$$.

Old
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangerSince05 View Post
Excuse.

A lot of other players were hurt, too.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:16 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
I never said he was playing badly. You could tell, however, that he wasn't ripping his wrister as often as he usually does, opting to pass instead sometimes. When he did, the velocity wasn't there.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:16 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:

Trade Gaborik
Uh...

Old
05-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Zuuuuc

Great season, and although right now I can't find a way to smile, in a few days we will recover and see how special a run this was. First half of the season Staal was out, second half of the season Sauer was out. Dubinsky had an incredibly down season. Gaborik and Callahan weren't the leaders we expected during the playoffs (and were probably hurt)

Chicago had a young team not too long ago, they made it to the conference finals and lost to an ageing and deeper Detroit team. They regrouped and came back to win the cup

A few tweaks here or there,bottom 6 scoring from the likes of MZA, Hagelin and possibly some veteran UFA's and this team is back here again next season to finish the job

Old
05-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Baby Punisher

We need to shore up the 5-6 defense spots. I think you can look at that as a reason we lost this series. I'm not sure how to approach it. You have Erxion & Mcilrath vieing for spots next year. At this point I think only one if them makes the team & you sign ortrae for a steady stay at home defensemen that can play more than 6 mins a game.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:18 PM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

I'd rather a first round loss than say we lost to the Devils in the Conference finals all day.

We kicked ass all year, made the playoffs and abandoned everything we did all year. Wtf

Should have traded useless Step and Dubi everyone thought was amazing for Nash in July.

Old
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Uh...
Sorry. Let me fix my words.. Dynamic, explosive, good with the puck.

Old
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:

Trade Gaborik for a draft pick, prospect, veteran scorer (with a good contract) or some thing. Trade for Nash. (skilled player I want) I would rather have Nash then Gaborik.

Wouldn't want them on the same team to much $$$$.
We need more defense.

Trade Lundqvist

My god what the hell is happening on these boards?

Old
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

The Rangers need a player who can take control of a game. Who scares you every time he's on the ice. That's the type of player that they're missing. Gaborik isn't that type of player.

Closed Thread