vCash: 50
Saw that

Old
05-25-2012, 09:04 PM
furball411

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Banks View Post
I'm also just really frustrated about this whole situation. It sucks that an organization can use an asset in the form of a draft pick to acquire a prospect, then be patient with that prospect, give them time, help them develop, let them go to school if they want, invest all that time and then just be left out in the cold by that prospect without any kind of compensation. I feel like I've been cheated by Justin Schultz.
Bobby Ryan just summoned his ass. If he summons yo ass along with Scott Niedermayer one better show up to training camp on Anaheim ICE. Maybe we can get some bounty program for all the people who tick off the Ducks? Schultz would be on the top of that blacklist.

Old
05-25-2012, 09:06 PM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Bobby Ryan is pretty freaking funny on twitter......

Old
05-25-2012, 09:22 PM
duari91

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Bobby Ryan is pretty freaking funny on twitter......
Bobby is the man! He will tell it like it is!

Old
05-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Bjindaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball411 View Post
Haha Bobby Ryan is a mother fcking genius... Check out this tweet to Schultz: "need a new road roommate kid. Come control the remote control every third trip."

Freakiing beauty Bobby is...
If Schultz bolts, I hope Bobby very publicly and very openly fires his agent.

Old
05-25-2012, 09:38 PM
PhoenyX

Ah yes, Bobby and Schultz have the same agent, right?

Ryan's great on twitter.

Old
05-25-2012, 09:58 PM
furball411

Whoa I just traced Chuck's conversation with some Minnesota hockey blogger and apparently the Ducks are planning tampering charges... They said that someone must have gotten to Schultz... Apparently some guy named Russo on KFAN in Minnesota said something about it during his radio show. Does anybody know what occurs during a tampering case? Do the Ducks get the rights to prevent Schultz from hitting UFA status if they win a case like this?

Old
05-25-2012, 10:22 PM
imbatman

Quote:
Whoa I just traced Chuck's conversation with some Minnesota hockey blogger and apparently the Ducks are planning tampering charges... They said that someone must have gotten to Schultz... Apparently some guy named Russo on KFAN in Minnesota said something about it during his radio show. Does anybody know what occurs during a tampering case? Do the Ducks get the rights to prevent Schultz from hitting UFA status if they win a case like this?
Tampering team would probably pay a huge fine and lose a couple of high picks. Dont think it would affect Schultz personally.

Old
05-25-2012, 10:36 PM
la patineuse

Russo is one of the Wild's beat writers; I remember him from the 07 and 03 playoffs. Anyhow he seems to think Schultz has already picked his team and it is Toronto. If this is true, Burke screws the Ducks and Murray again.

Old
05-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Chuck Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
But wait a minute......All the Wis blogger has said is that he is a loyal, stand up guy!!!!!
Link please? I'd love to hear where I said that.

Old
05-25-2012, 10:52 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
Stated it verbatim? No. Strongly implied it on 3/26/2012 with this though

Quote:
Saying a kid has no character over and over again when you don't know a thing about him is getting tired and boring.
Don't be a sophist. I realize people here are pushing your buttons for no good reason but if you're going to call people out for claiming he has no character, then your argument is that he does have character. Unless you're trying to say that one has to get to know him like you have to know he's got no character, but I'm fairly certain that wasn't the thrust of your argument.

Old
05-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Burke is the last guy I would have guessed to "tamper" with Shultz.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:01 PM
furball411

Quote:
No offense but you've been on your knees for Justin every time a Duck fan rips him... We all know you love his character so really it's not worth digging through old posts. The point is everything you've said about his character at this point seems like the opposite. But if he does sign then I guess some people, including myself, jumped the gun too quickly and should apologize. Seriously though, we do have a right to be bitter and upset.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

If it can be proved (which I doubt) the league comes down hard on it. The Blues were fined 1.5M, gave a 1st and had to swap a 1st with the Devils for Stevens.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Absolutely pathetic by Burke and Schultz. I hope Schultz's career is short and unsuccessful. Hopefully leafs suck dick again and Burke is fired. Simply pathetic. Burke bashes other teams for using tactics that he thinks is wrong to sign a player and he decides to cheat.

Not only does Schultz not sign with the Ducks but instead of being upfront and honest with them, he goes behind their back after he assures them he will sign with them eventually.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Chuck Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Stated it verbatim? No. Strongly implied it on 3/26/2012 with this though

Don't be a sophist. I realize people here are pushing your buttons for no good reason but if you're going to call people out for claiming he has no character, then your argument is that he does have character. Unless you're trying to say that one has to get to know him like you have to know he's got no character, but I'm fairly certain that wasn't the thrust of your argument.
Wow, just wow.

I've seen twisting someones words, but someone saying:

"Saying a kid has no character over and over again when you don't know a thing about him is getting tired and boring."

and turning it into:

"All the Wis blogger has said is that he is a loyal, stand up guy!!!!!"

...is quite the feat. Well done guys, you've officially lost it.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:06 PM
furball411

Quote:
If it can be proved (which I doubt) the league comes down hard on it. The Blues were fined 1.5M, gave a 1st and had to swap a 1st with the Devils for Stevens.
Sweet... But then again the NHL hates the Ducks so I would expect them to ignore the whole case.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Absolutely pathetic by Burke and Schultz. I hope Schultz's career is short and unsuccessful. Hopefully leafs suck dick again and Burke is fired. Simply pathetic. Burke bashes other teams for using tactics that he thinks is wrong to sign a player and he decides to cheat.

Not only does Schultz not sign with the Ducks but instead of being upfront and honest with them, he goes behind their back after he assures them he will sign with them eventually.
Since when has any of it been proven though? I mean, it's just been some blogger that has brought up tampering, right?

Old
Chuck Schwartz

Quote:
No offense but you've been on your knees for Justin every time a Duck fan rips him... We all know you love his character so really it's not worth digging through old posts. The point is everything you've said about his character at this point seems like the opposite. But if he does sign then I guess some people, including myself, jumped the gun too quickly and should apologize. Seriously though, we do have a right to be bitter and upset.
Again, I've never said anything positive (or negative about his character). Please, show me where I've said anything praising his character.

Old
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Banks View Post
This whole situation completely sucks. I think that Schultz just took us for a ride. I honestly think that this is one of the bad things to happen to the Ducks in recent years that really wasn't Murray's fault. If you think about it, if he had known that Justin wouldn't sign here he never would have put Gardiner into the Beauch deal unless he was/is a complete idiot (which isn't entirely outside the realm of possibility). I think that at the time of the trade with TO, he probably sat down and evaluated his defense prospects and decided that he would have the brighter future with Schultz and then he sent Gardiner away. I don't think he would have put his faith in Schultz like that if he didn't think that he could sign him.
Or Murray could have just made an assumption without knowing if Schultz was going to sign or not.

The time they did talk, and when Schultz made his "promise," was the offseason after the Beauchemin trade.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:08 PM
furball411

Quote:
Wow, just wow.

"Saying a kid has no character over and over again when you don't know a thing about him is getting tired and boring."

and turning it into:

I guess putting two and two together means you've lost your mind? Cool Chuck, cool. Let's just hope the Ducks never draft another kid from Wisconsin until they do a double-double background check on him lol...

Old
05-25-2012, 11:09 PM
duari91

Quote:
Sweet... But then again the NHL hates the Ducks so I would expect them to ignore the whole case.
They could have a legitimate claim. Strong accusations are usually followed by strong evidence. If it is true, they will get what is coming to them.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:12 PM
furball411

Quote:
Again, I've never said anything positive (or negative about his character). Please, show me where I've said anything praising his character.
Not about to go through your tweets, but I recall after Wisconsin had been eliminated in Denver you tweeted a link to your interview with Schultz and added a note about how "he does things the right way and is a team player".. It's not the exact words but it was very similar and it did praise Justin.... We can play this game all night

Old
05-25-2012, 11:22 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Wow, just wow.

and turning it into:

I just lost a tremendous amount of respect for you.

I said you implied something with that statement - that Schultz did indeed have character. A stand up guy is a person who has character, which while not exactly the same they are close enough to be used in the same conversation. I did not actually state you said anything, and i would love an explanation of what your position was that I allegedly " twisted". I'd expect you'd have the ability with the written word to comprehend that and the integrity to not say I said something I clearly didn't. I also see that instead of explaining what you actually meant with that comment you instead launched into an ad hominem attack on me.

So please, Chuck, with the statement "Saying a kid has no character over and over again when you don't know a thing about him is getting tired and boring." are you stating he has character, or just displaying righteous indignation that someone who doesn't know him would make a character evaluation while not putting forth your own opinion of his character, or is there some other interpretation of that phrase you'd care to provide? If you're going to flame me, answer that question simply and unequivocally please.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:31 PM
furball411

Quote:
I just lost a tremendous amount of respect for you.

I said you implied something with that statement - that Schultz did indeed have character. A stand up guy is a person who has character, which while not exactly the same they are close enough to be used in the same conversation. I did not actually state you said anything, and i would love an explanation of what your position was that I allegedly " twisted". I'd expect you'd have the ability with the written word to comprehend that and the integrity to not say I said something I clearly didn't. I also see that instead of explaining what you actually meant with that comment you instead launched into an ad hominem attack on me.

So please, Chuck, with the statement "Saying a kid has no character over and over again when you don't know a thing about him is getting tired and boring." are you stating he has character, or just displaying righteous indignation that someone who doesn't know him would make a character evaluation while not putting forth your own opinion of his character, or is there some other interpretation of that phrase you'd care to provide? If you're going to flame me, answer that question simply and unequivocally please.
Don't even bother.. I've learned over these last few months how blind some of the Badger fans are... They still think Justin is in the right for flat out lying to the Ducks.. At least tell the damn team you're not signing so they can make the right decision. If he does hit UFA, Schultz will look like one giant pr*ck. I expect to see Chuck defend and laud Justin for lying come July 1st.

Closed Thread