HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

So who are you rooting for now? Devils or Kings?

View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for now, if either team?
I am rooting for the Kings. 100 63.29%
I am rooting for the Devils. 34 21.52%
I do not care either way. 18 11.39%
Huh? They are still playing hockey? 6 3.80%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-25-2012, 11:34 PM
Jaded-Fan

vCash: 500
So who are you rooting for now? Devils or Kings?

The Pens' board seemed to be, based on posts, almost unanimously for the Devils so far in the playoffs. More specifically though, to be honest, most were more against the Flyers and Rangers than actually for the Devils.

I do not mind the Devils, nor their fans, and in fact get on well with most of them here and elsewhere. But with that said, I wondered how many still are rooting for the Devils when the team that they are playing is not a team most of us . . . well hate. Does the dynamics change for you or not?

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:34 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Great Play Orpik!

Either's fine. I'm just ecstatic that the Caps, Flyers, and Rangers are all out.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:44 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

I'm pulling for LA.
They've got Anje Kopidor, that Brad Doty guy and the Cartman "let's go Kings" videos.

Axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:48 PM
Atren

I want devils to win so that could say that Atlantic got 4 teams to playoffs and none were defeated by non-Atlantic team.

Atren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:52 PM
KaylaJ
Honey Bun

I'm pulling for LA a bit more cause it'd be neat since they have never won a Cup, but if NJ wins I won't be upset at that...for now lol. Who knows by next wk it may be different

KaylaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:53 PM
Marns
@SH_Hockey

I'm pretty happy with either.

Marns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:56 PM
SkullSplitter

IDK, I like Doughty, Kopitar, Brown, and even Richards. No grudge against the Kings except that they play in LA. Devils have always been a rival, but Marty's a hall of famer & it's always nice to see a veteran hall of famer who's close to retirement get a last cup.

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 12:05 AM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

I hate richards....so that plays a large role. I also don't care for the Devils in general, but I don't despise them. Kovalchuk has always been one of my favorite players, even with the sid taunting thing. He plays the pk, pp, actually tries to play some sort of defense, and plays the most minutes of any forward in the NHL. All while having lethal skill / shot.

I might be leaning towards the Devils I guess.

OnMyOwn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 12:48 AM
Blitzburgh87*

LA because I love quick and kopitar. Mostly because they have Richards and Carter such a slap to to the flyers LOL.

Blitzburgh87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:01 AM
Crozbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axman View Post
I'm pulling for LA.
They've got Anje Kopidor, that Brad Doty guy and the Cartman "let's go Kings" videos.
That's a good reason not to cheer for them. So annoying.

I'm not sure. I've kind of liked the Kings in the West the whole way, and I'm usually well disposed to them because I want to see L.A. achieve something for reasons that aren't especially clear to me.

On the other hand, I've been behind the Devils through two series now, and they've grown on me. And I've never really had anything against them. They're probably my least hated Atlantic "rival" team.

And all the Kings hype on these boards has been bothersome. So we shall see I guess.

Crozbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:09 AM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Kings for sure. Not only will it be a slap in the Flyers face but it would be the Kings first.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:25 AM
SidTheKid8787

Pulling for the Kings a little more but fine either way. Think it would be cool for hockey in general for LA to win. And i love Dustin Brown. I laugh at all the hate he is getting.

SidTheKid8787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:39 AM
Honour Over Glory

Devils. I hated them less than the Rangers and there are way too many Flyers on the Kings to really pull for them since most Flyers fans consider them the LA Flyers. I like Scuderi, miss the hell out of his playoff heroics being a solid defensive defenseman, but I hope his team fails miserably in the Finals.

I'd also like to see Martin Brodeur cap off his hall of fame career with a Cup.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:40 AM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

I can't feel joy that another Atlantic team that isn't us made the final, but it is a hell of a lot better that it is the Devils than if it'd been the Rags or Philly.

That said, Kings all the way.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:41 AM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

Clearly favor the Kings, though I wouldn't mind much if the Devils won it. I've grown to like them after seeing them badly outplay the Flyers and Rangers. That said, it would just be too sweet to see Richards and Carter hoist the Cup as a member of the Kings after everybody was slobbering over Holmgren's decision to trade them out of Philadelphia, especially Flyer fans. Honestly, if they didn't get completely lucky to nab Couturier with the 8th overall pick those trades would look pretty ugly to the rest of the hockey world, granted Schenn could still develop into a really good player down the road.

Malkin4Top6Wingerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:43 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyOwn View Post
I hate richards....so that plays a large role. I also don't care for the Devils in general, but I don't despise them. Kovalchuk has always been one of my favorite players, even with the sid taunting thing. He plays the pk, pp, actually tries to play some sort of defense, and plays the most minutes of any forward in the NHL. All while having lethal skill / shot.

I might be leaning towards the Devils I guess.
I've been a Kovalchuk fan since he was drafted, unless he went after Sid or Geno in some disturbing way that makes the Bertuzzi thing look like a slap in the face, I probably will never hate the guy. I remember his rookie game in the all star game, youngstars is it called? Anyways, the guy scored goals at will in that game, it was just disgusting how good his shot was then and it's even better now.

I also like Parise, Henrique, Brodeur and Volchenkov. I know I am supposed to hate the Devils being a divisional rival, but out of the divisional rivals, they're the team I have always had a hard time hating, back when Muller was a Devil.

PS: Pretty much all of the Flyers fans are pulling for the Kings, most don't hate Carter and Richards or even Gagne or Williams. Just can't do it. I hate Richards way too much to ever cheer for the Kings in anything.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:15 AM
Human
cynic

hate them both, especially their fanbases. Kings' one is one of the worst. it's still a lesser evil than Rags, Flyers or Caps...

Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:17 AM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

They're pulling for the kings because they are trying to make it some sort of victory....even though these guys were deemed unnecessary while on the flyers.

Typical philly loser mentality

OnMyOwn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 07:40 AM
Ogrezilla
Arrogant Yinzer

I have been rooting for the Devils, but I haven't liked it. Devils winning would be my 4th worst possible outcome. I've only been rooting for them because they were playing my 1st and 3rd worst outcomes.

Go Kings.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 07:48 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Embrace The Hate!!!

vCash: 50
I don't really care.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:05 AM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

Hedberg can win a cup.

Randy Butternubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:06 AM
Ogrezilla
Arrogant Yinzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunitz View Post
Hedberg can win a cup.
in a Devils jersey. Yuck

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:23 AM

I don't mind either way. I can't stand Richards, Carter and Kovy but I also like Kopitar, Scuds, Elias and Parise. Marty might be a swing vote for me. If he retires after this year it would be good to see him go out on top.

Another thing is I really like how the Devils play. Its not bring or overly defensive. There just a lot of structure around skill. Meaning that structure is there as a support system... Kind of hoping the Pens are seeing that.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:23 AM
bathroomSTAAL
Tylenol and beer

If Devils win they will have more Cups than us. No thanks.

Still they are a pretty likable team, I wouldn't be crushed if they won.

bathroomSTAAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 09:09 AM
Jaded-Fan

I don't believe the flyers fans rooting for the Kings thing now entirely. If the Kings win the flyers board would be filled with looking at letting Carter and Richards go for so called character reasons. They got some nice parts. They also have not won a cup since the before the bicentenial. We are approaching halfway to the tricentenial and still no cup. Only at hockey future are bright shiny rookies better than a cup. Just wait and watch the hand wringing and knives come out if Carter and Richards skate around holding the cup.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote