HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Sign Andrew Johnston from Humboldt of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-26-2012, 12:38 AM
  #51
BillDineen
Registered User
 
BillDineen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usualsuspect434 View Post
Interesting article on Johnston. Fingers crossed he pans out.....

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports...497/story.html
I am sure Homer told him a lot to convince him to sign, but I do not see how anyone could be upset with this signing. Low risk (one contract slot), high reward.

If people want to complain about contract slots taken up, start with both Klotz and Mathers signed.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:13 AM
  #52
Rick Deckard
Registered User
 
Rick Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Forgot to post this, but they gave him a decent amount of money, per CapGeek (be aware that that isn't the actual cap hit, it's missing the performance bonuses).
They gave him max AHL salary on an ELC and max signing bonus.
There isn't an AHL maximum salary. Regarding re-entry waivers, there is a max a player is allowed to earn without being subject of it ($105.000), but Johnston isn't eligible anyway and he earns only $70.000.

Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 07:15 AM
  #53
Psuhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
If people want to complain about contract slots taken up, start with both Klotz and Mathers signed.
Some flyers fans will complain about everything. There is also a Paul Holmgren derangement syndrome in which he is a moron and all his success has been luck/obvious/no success at all.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:10 AM
  #54
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Deckard View Post
There isn't an AHL maximum salary. Regarding re-entry waivers, there is a max a player is allowed to earn without being subject of it ($105.000), but Johnston isn't eligible anyway and he earns only $70.000.
I know it's not maximum AHL salary, that's why I said "maximum AHL salary on an ELC":
Quote:
Draft Year Maximum Minor League Compensation (Native Currency)
2005 $62,500
2006 $62,500
2007 $65,000
2008 $65,000
2009 $67,500
2010 $67,500
2011 $70,000

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:13 AM
  #55
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vimmerby, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 13,646
vCash: 685
Who cares if they give him the maximum allowed? It's one of the priviligies of being a wealthy team in a cap world.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:18 AM
  #56
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
I think Klotz was only signed to an AHL contract this past season (and Mathers contract will most likely slide next year as well).

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:19 AM
  #57
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Who cares if they give him the maximum allowed? It's one of the priviligies of being a wealthy team in a cap world.
I was simply making an observation.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:01 PM
  #58
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 36,010
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
I think Klotz was only signed to an AHL contract this past season (and Mathers contract will most likely slide next year as well).
Mathers and Cousins will slide.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:04 PM
  #59
jd2210
Registered Non User
 
jd2210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,560
vCash: 500
Those articles sort of "Testwuided" him up a bit. Read making the Flyers out of camp was impressive, but a 20y.o undrafted making it out of junior A with zero time to get used to the progame would be REALLY impressive. If he does what those articles are hinting at he'll be the fa signing of the century.

I find it interesting the second article ended by by essentially saying "the last kid to do this is still stuck in the ECHL" I'm hoping Johnston pan out. I love cool stories like his.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 09:18 PM
  #60
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
Those articles sort of "Testwuided" him up a bit. Read making the Flyers out of camp was impressive, but a 20y.o undrafted making it out of junior A with zero time to get used to the progame would be REALLY impressive. If he does what those articles are hinting at he'll be the fa signing of the century.

I find it interesting the second article ended by by essentially saying "the last kid to do this is still stuck in the ECHL" I'm hoping Johnston pan out. I love cool stories like his.
Well, that may be because he's in the Capitals system.
They hardly develop players using Hershey and it's just filled with AHL veterans that steal time from prospects.
For whatever reason, they still value winning a championship in a glorified junior league.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 11:24 AM
  #61
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 20,400
vCash: 500
Talked to his jr coach (Bombers) this week-end. Had nothing but good things to say about him and said he will play in the NHL at some point and was quite confident about it.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 05:21 PM
  #62
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Talked to his jr coach (Bombers) this week-end. Had nothing but good things to say about him and said he will play in the NHL at some point and was quite confident about it.
Good news. Thanks

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 06:13 PM
  #63
SgtJoseph
Registered User
 
SgtJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northwest Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Honestly, how hard is it to have a little faith in the Flyers Scouts. Yes, they miss, but they also hit on undrafted players as much or more than just about every other NHL team, so unless you've seen the guy play extensively, I think it's reasonable to give them the benefit of the doubt in this circumstance.
Exactly ! I like Homer and his staff which includes the scouting Dept.Overall they do an admirable job in my opinion.I think last years moves were outstanding in the long run as well..No guts no glory !

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 06:15 PM
  #64
SgtJoseph
Registered User
 
SgtJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northwest Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Some flyers fans will complain about everything. There is also a Paul Holmgren derangement syndrome in which he is a moron and all his success has been luck/obvious/no success at all.
Well said !

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 06:41 PM
  #65
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Some flyers fans will complain about everything. There is also a Paul Holmgren derangement syndrome in which he is a moron and all his success has been luck/obvious/no success at all.
Holmgren is so terrible as a GM that he gets his team deep into the playoffs year after year

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.