Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Justin Schultz leaving college

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2012, 12:35 AM
Chuck Schwartz

vCash: 500
Not going to go back and forth with people on this because frankly, no one wants to see it. I'll leave it at this.

Schultz did all the right things while he was at Wisconsin. He was always great with the media, polite and courteous, and his teammates loved him. On the ice he was one of the best players I've seen come through Wisconsin. Those are just the facts. I've met him, but I don't know him personally. I've never raved about his character. How would I know?

I understand why Ducks fans are pissed, and I would be too. I honestly do feel for you guys. I don't have a stake in this thing. Remember that him leaving and dragging this thing out hurts the team I cover as well.

If I've offended anyone in here, I apologize. Was never my intention. Just don't like seeing my name slandered behind my back.

If you have any questions for me, feel free to e-mail me or tweet me or PM me, I'm not hard to find.

Old
05-26-2012, 01:39 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Well obviously something happened that caused him to lie to us, Whatever it is we better not get screwed b/c this is ****ing ********, they woulda traded his rights a long time ago to a place he'd sign. Schultz can get bent, and I will loudly boo him every chance I get and I don't care if someone calls me immature, hopefully we come out firing on this **** and if it's Burke then I will have lost my last ounce of respect for him but let's be honest here, trading Gardiner clearly has something to do with it.....and we never shoulda traded him!!!!

Old
05-26-2012, 01:56 AM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

Bobby Ryan is a hero, I love his twitter.

Justin Schultz is a ****, he's scared of any negative attention and I hope it bites him in the ass.

Old
05-26-2012, 02:02 AM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
Bobby is really a ****er to some other people, though. I don't care for that personally. That one tweet to Schultz was hilarious...

Old
05-26-2012, 02:05 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by la patineuse View Post
Russo is one of the Wild's beat writers; I remember him from the 07 and 03 playoffs. Anyhow he seems to think Schultz has already picked his team and it is Toronto. If this is true, Burke screws the Ducks and Murray again.
Source bro?

Old
05-26-2012, 02:12 AM
Hampe
The Hampster

Quite honestly, I'm already over it. So we lose a prospect, big deal. We've got other prospects, like Etem, and Palmieri, and Rakell to look forward to. Guys we know are looking forward to playing for us full-time. If Schultz wants to be an ass and pull this kind of stunt on us (or any team), then I don't want him anyways. It makes him look like a real *****.

Of course, I still hope he signs with us, but I'm pretty much sold on the fact that he's gone.

Old
05-26-2012, 02:14 AM
Paul4587

Where exactly have the tampering accusations come from?

Old
05-26-2012, 02:16 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
Bobby Ryan is a hero, I love his twitter.

Justin Schultz is a ****, he's scared of any negative attention and I hope it bites him in the ass.
Yeah that's what's ********, just tell the truth, dont use some garbage excuse about a possible lockout that's just weak

Old
05-26-2012, 02:32 AM
Jerky Leclerc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksfan15109 View Post
Quite honestly, I'm already over it. So we lose a prospect, big deal. We've got other prospects, like Etem, and Palmieri, and Rakell to look forward to. Guys we know are looking forward to playing for us full-time. If Schultz wants to be an ass and pull this kind of stunt on us (or any team), then I don't want him anyways. It makes him look like a real *****.

Of course, I still hope he signs with us, but I'm pretty much sold on the fact that he's gone.
I totally agree. I am sick and tired of Justin Schultz news.

Old
05-26-2012, 02:32 AM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Where exactly have the tampering accusations come from?
So far as I can tell, only this thread.

Old
05-26-2012, 02:39 AM
Gibson Les Palms

I've heard it was from some Minnesota blogger. Somebody tracked it down on twitter or something. I don't think it was anything that was published.

Old
05-26-2012, 02:53 AM
la patineuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Source bro?
@Russostrib: @ScottStenze1 he's picked his team. My guess is Toronto

@Russostrib: @Kmae5475 none. He's obviously picked his team. My guess: Toronto

Btw, you do understand that 'la' is a feminine article, right bro?

Old
05-26-2012, 02:55 AM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

New schedule system kicks in next season, right?
When each team visits each other team in the league at least once.

Old
05-26-2012, 02:58 AM
la patineuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
I've heard it was from some Minnesota blogger. Somebody tracked it down on twitter or something. I don't think it was anything that was published.
I didn't see any tweets by Russo about the tampering rumor. He only said which team he thinks Schultz has chosen instead of the Ducks.

Old
05-26-2012, 03:03 AM
Gibson Les Palms

I think this was the tweet that Furball was talking about. Yeah, my bad Russo didn't actually tweet anything about that. A lot of this stuff is pretty sketchy.

MN State Of Hockey ‏@MNState0fHockey
@UWChuckSchwartz Understood, but I heard Russo on KFAN today sayDucks are preparing tampering charges. Thought maybe players were wooing him

Old
05-26-2012, 03:15 AM
Koffein

I wouldn't be surprised if it's true that Murray is preparing tampering charges actually, and even if we are in the dark here he might have a solid argument for it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Burke is the last guy I would have guessed to "tamper" with Shultz.
Not really. Toronto was fined for tampering a while back for an incident when the Sedins were upcoming UFA's, and were warned that if any future incidents that could be harmful to the Vancouver organization would occur the punishment would be far greater.
In addition, there were some questionmarks before Burke left us for Toronto where Bettman came out and said that if they found out about any tampering in that situation the league would take action, so if Murray do file tampering charges and Schultz end up signing with the Leafs, Burke's history could by itself become a big issue for Toronto.

Old
05-26-2012, 03:41 AM
Exit Dose

I'm going to assume for the moment that the tampering charges are baseless. If Burke was involved in tampering, that is some pretty heinous **** when you consider their friendship.

Old
05-26-2012, 04:21 AM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

What a *****. 0 NHL games and the kid thinks he's too good for the team that first took a chance on him?

Good riddance.

Old
05-26-2012, 04:53 AM
Koffein

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
What a *****. 0 NHL games and the kid thinks he's too good for the team that first took a chance on him?

Good riddance.
We can't completely rule out he'll be signing with us though, even if it does seem extremely unlikely at the moment. But by leaving school and becoming UFA, we can offer him 50k extra after july 1 if I'm not mistaken so that might be the reasoning. As I said though, it does seem like he will be leaving so the thing one could hope for is that there actually is tampering involved, and that there is enough evidence for us to get compensated for it, but that is pretty far fetched as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I'm going to assume for the moment that the tampering charges are baseless. If Burke was involved in tampering, that is some pretty heinous **** when you consider their friendship.
It could very well be baseless, all we have is one tweet about it forwarding what he heard on the radio. In case it's not and Toronto is the team, it is possible Burke may not have been the one doing the actual tampering or even been aware of it, but he is the boss and will be the one held responsible for it if it comes to that.

Old
05-26-2012, 06:01 AM
JeffShibley

If there was any tampering involved, and it could be proven, I hope the ducks at least get that teams 2nd round pick as compensation.

Old
05-26-2012, 06:20 AM
Koffein

Quote:
Originally Posted by runaroundace View Post
If there was any tampering involved, and it could be proven, I hope the ducks at least get that teams 2nd round pick as compensation.
Someone mentioned the Scott Stevens situation earlier. It took the Devils 4 years to collect the evidence they needed to go through with it but they stuck with it and got awarded with both the Blues 1st round pick and the option to swap 1st round picks in a 5 year window along $1.4 million, so if it goes to that I am sure the compensation will be okay.

Old
05-26-2012, 06:26 AM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post

Good riddance.
To this day, I still hate Mike Van Ryn for doing that to the Devils in 2000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runaroundace View Post
The Devils successfully got a tampering charge filed against the Blues way back when. In 1994, St. Louis worked out an offer sheet with Scott Stevens' agent ahead of July 1st. Lou Lamoriello always felt something was fishy and pressed the league to look into it.

When the Blues changed ownership in 1999, the league managed to find proof that St. Louis tampered. The Devils were compensated with:

- A first round pick between 1999-2003
- The option to swap first round picks during the same time frame
- Devils couldn't use both options in consecutive years, Blues had a one time veto.

We took their first round pick in 2001 and swapped in 2003 which was instrumental in trading up for Zach Parise.

The league takes tampering charges pretty seriously, so there's a recent precedent. The problem is whether or not the league can find proof. There was rumors last year that many teams thought that the Rangers might have tampered with Tim Erixon. Erixon refused to sign with Calgary and more or less forced a trade to NY. But Calgary wasn't willing to file any formal charges.

Old
05-26-2012, 08:22 AM
Unagi

I doubt Toronto is involved in any tampering. Firstly because Burke doesn't seem the type to risk any punishment due to that and secondly because he is friends with BM. They'd just deal a 6th rounder to ANA for the negotiation rights.

I generally don't believe there is any tampering. He just doesn't want to come here. No idea why. But if he really ditches us, I hope the worst of the worst happens to him. I have no respect for people without honor.

Old
05-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Gutchecktime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koffein View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if it's true that Murray is preparing tampering charges actually, and even if we are in the dark here he might have a solid argument for it too.

Not really. Toronto was fined for tampering a while back for an incident when the Sedins were upcoming UFA's, and were warned that if any future incidents that could be harmful to the Vancouver organization would occur the punishment would be far greater.
In addition, there were some questionmarks before Burke left us for Toronto where Bettman came out and said that if they found out about any tampering in that situation the league would take action, so if Murray do file tampering charges and Schultz end up signing with the Leafs, Burke's history could by itself become a big issue for Toronto.
Wilson made a comment on the radio - something like "If we signed the Sedins" - not sure that how that makes Burke the type to tamper really.

Old
05-26-2012, 10:43 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

I can't see a situation where Schultz didn't tell BM he wasn't going to sign in Anaheim.

To me, Toronto asked for Schultz in the Beauch trade and BM said no correct? If he was so unsure of Schultz not signing / having no intention to sign in Anaheim, do you really think BM would of still put Gardiner in that deal? I know BM makes bad moves, but come on now.

Closed Thread