HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

ECF | Game 6: Rangers @ Devils | Part 3

Old
05-26-2012, 01:03 AM
FOD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Haha. Isn't that the truth? Probably gonna be in St. Barths or somewhere by tomorrow. CHOKED big time in probably his Most important game of his career.
Gaborik looked like he didn't want to be there game 5 and 6. Scared to shoot, missing the net, soft plays getting the puck out of the zone. The only game he really seemed to show up was the triple OT game vs. the Caps when everyone on the ice was so dead tired that he actually had room to skate.

FOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:06 AM
FOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
LA is going to dominate IMO it's gunna be like the climax from Boy Don't Cry.
I would rather see LA win it in game 7 in 4 OT's. That would be a dagger to Brodeur's last stand.

Old
05-26-2012, 01:09 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOD View Post
I would rather see LA win it in game 7 in 4 OT's. That would be a dagger to Brodeur's last stand.
4OT:

Game winning goal will look like Gaborik's goal in Game 5. Kings win.

Now that is what I want to see.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:17 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Richards is gonna take a ton of **** on here in the coming months.

Some of it is deserved. But it is really hard for me to get on him knowing what he did bring this year and knowing how bad he wants to win:

http://blueshirtsunited.com/videos/1...ds-post-game-6

05-26-2012, 01:18 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Also, one of the few bright spots was how physical Kreider was tonight.

HatTrick Swayze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:20 AM
FOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Also, one of the few bright spots was how physical Kreider was tonight.
Which is why I don't get why he only played 9 minutes and Gaborik played 23.

Old
05-26-2012, 01:22 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Richards is gonna take a ton of **** on here in the coming months.

Some of it is deserved. But it is really hard for me to get on him knowing what he did bring this year and knowing how bad he wants to win:

http://blueshirtsunited.com/videos/1...ds-post-game-6
He definitely could have been better in this series, but overall, I must say I was impressed with him. With regards to scoring, Richards, Kreider, Girardi were my 3 stars.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:24 AM
23isforDeBlois
you cant OD on it

to give more 1st period goals killed me *** pathetic aaarrrgghghhhh. hate the *** debs

23isforDeBlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:28 AM
MDL8981

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
I dont get the Devils hatred. Maybe I've just been around too long.

I never hated the Devils. They're a model organization that deserves a lot of respect. Dont hate on the franchise because you dont like what their fans type on a message board.

Outside of Claude Lemieux, they had likable players. I grew up watching them since they moved from Colorado.

There was a time when they had good announcers, a good PA announcer and played good music at the arena.

Besides, if you guy's think this is a sad end to a depressing roller-coaster ride, just ask some of the senior Devils fans how they felt after 1988, 1994 and 2001.

We've all been through it as sports fans. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap and respect, maybe even admire what other teams do -- even if they do it against your own.

For me, they are our main rival. Its just like how I hate the Sox being a Yanks fan....how I hate the Cowboys and Eagles being a Giants fan. Alot of older Rangers fans hate the Isles because of the fierce rivalry in the 70s/80s....I wasnt around for that. The Devils have been our main competition since I've been a fan. 92, 94, 97, 06, 08 and 12...six playoff series. Then there's them winning three Cups in our backyard while we embarassed ourselves for eight years. They had some ridiculous record against us during that stretch of time too.

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:37 AM
Thunderhead

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOD View Post
my wish is la sweep or 5 games . and piggie to retire into the swamp's rain set .

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:37 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
I really felt bad for McDonagh, the close up after the goal, picture says a thousand words

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:39 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
my wish is la sweep or 5 games . and piggie to retire into the swamp's rain set .
But wouldn't it be so much more fulfilling if it goes to a Game 7, in NJ, goes to OT, and then while playing the puck, Fatty accidentally misplays it right into his own net.

Dustin Brown is credited with the goal. Trolololol's The Devils forever.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:47 AM
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!

Boy do I despise the Devils......still can't believe we lost to that team.
Gabby,you are a great goal scorer in the regular season but when the going gets tough in the playoffs,you disappear !!!!!

WhatThePuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:51 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
But wouldn't it be so much more fulfilling if it goes to a Game 7, in NJ, goes to OT, and then while playing the puck, Fatty accidentally misplays it right into his own net.

Dustin Brown is credited with the goal. Trolololol's The Devils forever.
of course but i don't think my sanity will last 7 games . fast and painless is better for me .

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:42 AM
Affinity

Quote:

I never hated the Devils. They're a model organization that deserves a lot of respect. Dont hate on the franchise because you dont like what their fans type on a message board.

Outside of Claude Lemieux, they had likable players. I grew up watching them since they moved from Colorado.

There was a time when they had good announcers, a good PA announcer and played good music at the arena.

Besides, if you guy's think this is a sad end to a depressing roller-coaster ride, just ask some of the senior Devils fans how they felt after 1988, 1994 and 2001.

We've all been through it as sports fans. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap and respect, maybe even admire what other teams do -- even if they do it against your own.
Well, living in New Jersey it's horrible. I hate sharing a state with Devils and Flyer fans. Except for a couple people they're all bandwagoners. I know our fanbase has a lot too, but I don't deal with them as much in Central Jersey.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:53 AM
egelband

Quote:

yeah, i agree. they play the game clean and straight up. there were a few players on the sens and caps that disgusted me taking whole shifts just looking for someone to run without any regard for the play itself. the devils didn't do that. (i know there were some questionable hits, but they were incidental - which doesn't bother me - i just hate the premeditated garbage).
the devils are and have been a very respectable team and organization. no anger from me. this series went fair and square. looking forward to next year.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:59 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
I really felt bad for McDonagh, the close up after the goal, picture says a thousand words
I hear you and so do I; this guy is the epitome of a warrior and the only positive thing that came of this entire playoff run is that the world got to see our young stud who at the tender age of 22 is already one of the top defenseman in the league.

For me personally, I can't help but say that despite showing great heart and determination in games 5 and 6, the entire playoff run of my beloved Rangers was an abject failure because we were the #1 seed and we struggled to beat the #7 and #8 seeds in 7 games and then we lost to the #6 seed in 6 games losing the last 3 games in a row for an overall playoff record of 10-10 playing uninspired, lackluster hockey with far too many of our top players "No Shows" throughout the playoffs despite the great show of heart and character by the team as a whole.

This team needs to get bigger and much better offensively very quickly or we'll be back fighting for a 6th, 7th or 8th seed much like in the past.

Time to get rid of the players like Gaborik who are overpaid and were "No Shows" thruout the playoffs!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:14 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Clearly outmatched by NJ's better depth. Sather take some notes. Blah, this ****ing sucks!

Go Kings.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:16 AM
Dangleberry

Just got back from the game and post game activities. This was a mirror image of game 5. We're down and come back, lay off the gas. Our power play during the third period pissed me off to the point of punching the wall behind me. That was our chance to close out the game. Instead, I'm standing there during the intermission and thinking to myself this will end within 2 minutes. I see Hank lying flat on the ice and a few of their players taking a few jabs, knew it was done at that point. Tough, tough loss after being able to tie the game. I don't know what to say at this point. I love this team but the fact is we can rely on Hank to save us each and ever game. I honestly can't think of any other cup winning team where they had to rely soley on the goaltender. We need a goal scorer

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 05:43 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Yeaaaaaah, no.

Pretty sure you guys losing to the Kings in two weeks won't make Matteau's goal any less legendary.

Typical Debs fan.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 07:11 AM
mandiblesofdoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Yeah. He could barely get up. Exhausted.

mandiblesofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 07:49 AM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

I don't think I ever woke up so upset :/

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:03 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangerSince05 View Post
I don't think I ever woke up so upset :/
i hear ya man...

awful way for the season to end...this is a resilient bunch of guys though, they'll breathe dust themselves off and in a couple weeks to a month start preparing again, and make no mistake whichever players stay will be REALLY HUNGRY...i think we will see an even stronger team next year that comes to battle HARDER!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:47 AM
blue425

Quote:
There's really no singular moment to point towards to give blame.
Not a moment, but as we said all year long, the PP. If it is clicking the first two rounds those series don't both go seven, and the Rangers get to round three well rested. In fact I think neither go seven.

I truly believe the PP issue is coaching, not personnel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Hurts like ****.

At least we are all here in this together. 86 years strong. No matter what, that Blue Shirt bond has kept us strong.

One day we will win that ****ing Cup. And when we do we won't feel this pain. We will feel euphoria. Together. Like brothers and sisters. We bleed together for this team. We argue together for this team. We often make fools of ourselves for this team.

One day it will all be worth it.
Said to my brother after round two: The cup is coming back to NY. It might not be this year, but it is coming. And soon.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 09:22 AM
Kershaw

Surprisingly I'm not even mad when I woke up today.

Devils have a respectable team from top to bottom, if we were to lose to a team I'm glad it's them and not Washington for the 3rd straight time.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote