HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2012 Stanley Cup Final - Los Angeles Kings vs. New Jersey Devils

Old
05-26-2012, 03:30 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

vCash: 500
I don't get why some Devils fans sound upset that they are the underdogs.

I'm mean helllooooo....we are 12-2 in the playoffs! Each round someone steps up, and takes charge of the team. We have great leaders and....a pretty bad ass pk.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:35 AM
bobafettish*

devils fan on the main board said peter harrold has more puck creativity then adam larsson. if harrold is there best pmd

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:40 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
devils fan on the main board said peter harrold has more puck creativity then adam larsson. if harrold is there best pmd

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:44 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Is the Devils forecheck better than Coyotes? Because Phoenix gave the Kings some difficulties and I thought they threw a wrench into our beloved machinery of Kings play and the dominate play they have had before. It suddenly became a bit more even.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:46 AM
TheSlovenian

Kings in 5.

TheSlovenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:49 AM
OK Computer

Las Vegas has an 8 seed who has never won it all as the favorite to win the Cup right now.

I hate to be that guy, but the writing is on the wall...

OK Computer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:51 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
Is the Devils forecheck better than Coyotes? Because Phoenix gave the Kings some difficulties and I thought they threw a wrench into our beloved machinery of Kings play and the dominate play they have had before. It suddenly became a bit more even.
NJ has the best forecheck in the eastern conference. If your wingers are weak along the board this series could be hell.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:01 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
I dont know, but their defense is not better than the coyotes.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:07 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I've seen a lot of fans posting stats about how the kings and devils have similar numbers, but they forget to mention the teams we played. We played defensively good teams while the devils played mediocre defensive teams. The flyers no. The rangers D got caught a lot pinching cause their Offense couldn't score. and the panthers are just the panthers. We've played much harder teams, since the stats are close it's quite amazing what we've done.

Old
05-26-2012, 04:16 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:

Is the Devils forecheck better than Coyotes? Because Phoenix gave the Kings some difficulties
Devils forecheck might be the best in the NHL. That said, I have no idea how this series will go.

My prediction is Kings in 6, but if it winds up being Devils in 6 or Kings in 5 or Devils in 5 I wouldnt be surprised.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:17 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I've seen a lot of fans posting stats about how the kings and devils have similar numbers, but they forget to mention the teams we played. We played defensively good teams while the devils played mediocre defensive teams. The flyers no. The rangers D got caught a lot pinching cause their Offense couldn't score. and the panthers are just the panthers. We've played much harder teams, since the stats are close it's quite amazing what we've done.
While your comments on the Panthers and Flyers are valid, the Rangers might be the best defensive team in the entire NHL.

In other words, yeah, more reason I have no idea what happens this series.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:25 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
While your comments on the Panthers and Flyers are valid, the Rangers might be the best defensive team in the entire NHL.

not the best but top 5.

Old
05-26-2012, 04:56 AM
MSRinkRat

insert anti jinx thread here.
GKG!

MSRinkRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:59 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I read some devils fans saying that we had an easy road, lol oh the irony. If we had an easy road, their road was filled with cotton balls

Old
05-26-2012, 05:10 AM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

You better ******* win.

That's all I have to say.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 06:00 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Simply amazing. Just win!

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 06:44 AM
Oberursel

Sharks fan here.

Devils going down!

Just like us Sharks fans, you guys have waited long time, but we still wait, just win it Kings. Yeah I'm stoked for these finals, first time in years I can't wait.

Of course the public likes Doc's calling from the Olympics etc., and just maybe Doc still loves the Devils and it might show on the broadcasts, but heck with Doc and the public, we need more Western winners, Go Kings!

Oberursel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 07:51 AM
damacles1156

I think what is getting lost in all this is, how poorly Henrik Lundqvist played the last three games.

The Rangers are not a team that can play from behind all the time.

The last three games Henrik started his team off 2-0 (Down) 3-1 (down) 2-0 (down). I know his D core was beat up(tired); but you can't play like that and expect your team to bail you out(three in a row).

Henrik had some softies in there. I am surprised the Rangers did tie up two of those games(kudos). Henrik played really poorly over the last three games(10 goals against, OUCH) .

Quick has only let in 14 over the last TWO Series....... Henrik got close to that (10) in Three games.

Lundqvist sv% is sub .900 over the last three games while not even facing 30 shots in any of those games. That is just not good enough from a Vezina nominee.

Last edited by damacles1156: 05-26-2012 at 08:08 AM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I think what is getting lost in all this is, how poorly Henrik Lundqvist played the last three games.

The Rangers are not a team that can play from behind all the time.

The last three games Henrik started his team off 2-0 (Down) 3-1 (down) 2-0 (down). I know his D core was beat up(tired); but you can't play like that and expect your team to bail you out(three in a row).

It's not so much that they were "beat up" as they just weren't coached well enough. Towards the end of the game (or was it the 2nd intermission?), I was really, REALLY surprised that Eminger had played only 2+ minutes. That puts a HELL of a lot of pressure on your remaining D. Why even dress a defenseman if 2+ minutes is all you're going to play him through 2 periods?!

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:48 AM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Things to worry about from the Devils:

1. New Jersey's Relentless Forecheck

Parise is dominant at receiving pucks, probably the best player in the world at it. He will hit, he has speed and he has this aura around him that you know when he's on the ice, something big is going to happen against your team. I just hope that the Kings defense is ready, since Zach will be very hungry for pucks. Nevermind Zach, all of the Devils forwards, except maybe Elias and Sykora are engined to play this way. Their pinching defense can also trap you in your own end for long periods of time. I am worried about Doughty and Voynov and how they'll do under this kind of pressure. They made Dan Girardi (solid as a rock) make some absolutely brutal mistakes out there.

2. New Jersey Forward Size, Skill, Hustle

Kovalchuk is an immoveable object at 6 ft 3 240 lbs. Zubrus is another big, fast guy who can just eat up the puck. Elias is a bit of a perimiter player, but he is great at making plays behind the net. Henrique, Zajac both have size, smarts, offensive talent and elite defensive awareness, when they are on the ice, expect limited scoring chances for your team on Brodeur. The Devils 4th line literally won the team games in the 3rd round. They are an unusual combination of smarts (Gionta), size (Bernier) and grit (Carter), they always created great scoring chances whenever they were on the ice. They have the most balanced forward corps in the league.

3. NJ Special Teams

NJ is guaranteed to have great scoring chances on every penalty kill they have. It's a high risk, high reward type system, but more often than not, they find a way to kill it. If NJ's powerplay wakes up, Kings are in trouble. They made a great passing play on the Kovalchuk goal that made it 2-0 in game 6. I am very worried about the lack of production from the Kings PP and this is where I think Simon Gagne should play, even if it's 4th line minutes.

4. Martin Brodeur's Hunger at a 4th Title

I've skimmed through the thread and Brodeur has been very underrated. He is a top 15 goalie in the league and has been in this position 4 previous times, winning it 3 times. He has outperformed every goalie up to date in the series he's played in and has kept the Devils in games. That's all they need him to do. He is like Eli Manning; not elite per say, but finds a way to get it done.
Kings in 6

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:50 AM
cyclones22
3 Year Window B****!

Remember that post on the Playoff board saying how awesome the Rangers top blueliners are because of the mega minutes they put in? Well, that becomes a problem when your offense can't score and you depend on them to take chances on offense and be sound on defense while really only playing 5 of them instead of 6. Add in the fact they played the max amount of games plus overtimes...Torts did a poor job of managing his defensemen. Sutter will not and does not need to play his that way.

cyclones22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 09:01 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxo View Post
I keep hearing how bad the NJ defense is... Whats up with that?
Have you looked at their players? They are also 8th on defense in the playoffs, but a lot of the damage against them has been on their PK. Too bad the Kings have a terrible PP.

If the Kings can force their defensemen to make quick decisions, like they did against the Blues, the Kings should get plenty of scoring chances. They just need to continue to bury them.

5-on-5, these teams are very close and they are the best 2 5-on-5 F/A.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 09:09 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
And still leading the playoffs in scoring.

He will be by far the most dynamic and difficult matchup the Kings will have faced in these playoffs, even at 80%.

Got to try our best to make sure either Doughty/Scuds or Mitchell/Voynov pairing are out there against him and not the Greene/AMart pairing. Still like our chances in this series.
I would prefer Greene/AMart over Micthell/Voynov. Voynov plays the right and doesn't have the size to keep Kovalchuk away from the front. I would use Greene or Doughty against him most of the time.

Greene would be able to punish Kovalchuk along the boards much more than Voynov.

Old
05-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post

That would be the Kings. The Kings play better defense and don't rely on Quick as much as the Rangers rely no Lunqvist.

Quick has given up some questionable goals (red line anyone?), especially in the Phoenix series, but he still leads the NHL in GAA and SV%. That is a testament to how good the Kings defense is, their group of forwards are probably the best back checkers in the entire NHL.

That being said, every series starts 0-0 and it doesn't matter how a team gets to the finals, it's how they play in the finals. This series could go either way, but I still like the Kings chances.

Old
05-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Kick the living **** out of those Newark Swamp Rats.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote