HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Farewell Zuke! (Signs with KHL)

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2012, 09:38 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
pretty sure he can ONLY be with the rangers, no? unless they trade his rights?
He's RFA, he can sign with anyone but the Rangers would get compensated. Based on his current salary and last year's rules, the Rangers would get a second rounder. Although I'm not sure he'd even sign for that much.

Old
05-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
He's RFA, he can sign with anyone but the Rangers would get compensated. Based on his current salary and last year's rules, the Rangers would get a second rounder. Although I'm not sure he'd even sign for that much.
didn't know that. interesting...makes me think the rumor that this isn't true might be a little more likely. this kid likes this league and wants to play hockey. the khl money is awesome, but idk... this is this kid's dream

Old
05-26-2012, 09:42 AM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
yeah true...wow...morning after his team is eliminated from the playoffs, leaves a sour taste in my mouth about mza...i liked him and felt he deserved a better chance
How can you blame him? Torts made it very clear he is not interested in playing him. I don't blame Zucc one bit. I hope he succeeds there.

Old
05-26-2012, 09:42 AM
babyshamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
no it is not! Only problem is if you believe official website of club or not. Club website is clear - HE SIGNED. Of course, you can believe agent´s talk about rumour. I hesitate this agent has KHL licence.

We will see. I follow KHL years and info at club website has been ALWAY true.

Your choice - believe club website or agent.

Zuke has not signed anything. I just got it confirmed from people who knows. He will not sign anything untill atleast after "the end of the season talks" with the Rangers.

Old
05-26-2012, 09:55 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
no it is not! Only problem is if you believe official website of club or not. Club website is clear - HE SIGNED. Of course, you can believe agent´s talk about rumour. I hesitate this agent has KHL licence.

I don`t know wht to believe. I hope he goes to KHL. His agent says he want a one way deal. I doubt Rangers give him that.
And I fully agreed to not sign a new two way deal with Rangers.
Go for the money,

By the way
I`m gonna follow Rangers take home The Cup next year with or without MZA

Old
05-26-2012, 09:58 AM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
I don`t know wht to believe. I hope he goes to KHL. His agent says he want a one way deal. I doubt Rangers give him that.
And I fully agreed to not sign a new two way deal with Rangers.
Go for the money,

By the way
I`m gonna follow Rangers take home The Cup next year with or without MZA
Well if he goes to the KHL, then he should sign for a team like SKA St Petersburg

Old
05-26-2012, 10:04 AM
Placid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
ahh, i was not aware of that, i thought that the Rangers would retain the rights on him as long as they gave him a qualifying offer.

Shows how much i know

Old
05-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Slayem
Lucky Zuke

This sucks, I was hoping he would bite his a## together and take at least one more season here just to prove that stubborn thing that he was wrong..

Old
05-26-2012, 10:07 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
How can you blame him? Torts made it very clear he is not interested in playing him. I don't blame Zucc one bit. I hope he succeeds there.
Agreed.
He show so clearly he doesn`t wanna play him. Rangers dressed 17 skaters yesterday,
Devils 18. It is not like they couldn`t dress him,and se what happens during the game at the least.
Or am I just misunderstanding the hole rule thing here now?

Old
05-26-2012, 10:09 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

It is pointless to argue who is right. Club or agent? Contract is binding after registration in KHL office. Club has to do it within 24 hours after a player signs contract I hope.

SKA has 2 sports for foreigners but I dont think club would like to sign him. SKA wants Radulov, Tarasenko, Tikhonov to offense. plus signed Prucha, Thoresen, etc. No space for Zuccarelo. KHl clubs sign foreigners to play 1st, 2nd line. He would not play it in SKA, but he can play it in another club. Magnitogorsk left all foreigners, some of them are RFA (Aaltonen believe), so he can be leader here especially if Fedorov retired

Old
05-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Placid

Quote:

I dont really believe either

By that, i mean that i know nothing about the KHL club, so i cant say anything about them. His agent is a complete idiot who only opens his mouth at the wrong time saying only the wrong things (thats pretty much my experience at least). He probably took a couple too many pucks to the head when he was playing

What i chose to believe is that Zucc would never "jump at anything" like that, and he wouldnt "go behind people's backs" in this manner.

He has always been honest, upfront, and vocal about what his goals / ambitions are, which is to play in the NHL. With his ELC over, his "options" in the NHL is greater than ever (provided teams are interested of course), it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever then to jump ship for a different league at this stage.

ah well... im sure we'll find out for sure before long, these things tends to take on their own life until he comments on it personally.

Old
05-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Slayem
Lucky Zuke

Quote:
It is pointless to argue who is right. Club or agent? Contract is binding after registration in KHL office. Club has to do it within 24 hours after a player signs contract I hope.

SKA has 2 sports for foreigners but I dont think club would like to sign him. SKA wants Radulov, Tarasenko, Tikhonov to offense. plus signed Prucha, Thoresen, etc. No space for Zuccarelo. KHl clubs sign foreigners to play 1st, 2nd line. He would not play it in SKA, but he can play it in another club. Magnitogorsk left all foreigners, some of them are RFA (Aaltonen believe), so he can be leader here especially if Fedorov retired
Sounds like they have cleared some space for him, I guess its more likely that this club is right than this Ryman parrot.

Old
05-26-2012, 10:18 AM
fredrikstad

http://translate.google.no/translate...D14634&act=url

Old
05-26-2012, 10:18 AM
M Gaz
Gogo Yubari

vCash: 50
Just watch how he ends up on this team again ala Alex Radulov lol

Old
05-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

I dont see this being true and the reason is that Slats has said that NYR wanted to sign him and that any contract talks would be done after the season. Its simply too soon for any real talks to have taken place. Another point is that Zucc has said many times that he wishes to play for NYR, or if not them another NHL team.
If all that fails, perhaps he will sign in Russia if he does not prefer Sweden.

Old
05-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Slayem
Lucky Zuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
I dont see this being true and the reason is that Slats has said that NYR wanted to sign him and that any contract talks would be done after the season. Its simply too soon for any real talks to have taken place. Another point is that Zucc has said many times that he wishes to play for NYR, or if not them another NHL team.
If all that fails, perhaps he will sign in Russia if he does not prefer Sweden.
Hope its one big misunderstanding by this russian club. I`ll cling to it until anything else is said.

Old
05-26-2012, 10:31 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Slayem, Placid

sorry for wrong information. Magnitogorsk has one foreigner (5 spots) on roster - finnish D Ville Lajunen. F Rolinek signed with SY Ufa, G Ahonen is UFA, F Aaltonen is RFA or UFA (?). So, still 4 spots for foreigners.

Magnitogorsk is luring coach from NA. That can be important thing for Zuccarelo IMO.

I dont know his agent. I dont know if we can believe him. I just ask - does he have KHL licence? Is he his agent for KHL? Does he know what Zuccarelo is doing? Who knows.

I dont remember information on KHL club website about players contract which would be false. I follow KHL a few years.. so.

Old
05-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Thunderhead

seriously , why tortorella did not give this dude a chance ? that's why i get upset when stepan gets all the free passes .

Old
05-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Slayem
Lucky Zuke

As far as I know Zucca has only one agent; Ryman, and if he doesnt has a KHL lcence,who should have lead the negotiations with this KHL club?

Old
05-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayem View Post
As far as I know Zucca has only one agent; Ryman, and if he doesnt has a KHL lcence,who should have lead the negotiations with this KHL club?
I believe he has both NA agents and Ryman in Europe

Old
05-26-2012, 10:39 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Norwegian winger Mats Zuccarello bolted from an organization that didn’t give him a fair shot this season for Metallurg Magnitogorsk of the KHL, Russia’s pro league.

Zuccarello signed a two-year deal as reported by IIHF communications director Szymon Szemberg and confirmed by the club’s web site.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...igns-two-year-

Quote:
Mats Zuccarello NYR has signed 2 year deal with KHL club Metallurg Magnitogorsk
https://twitter.com/Sz1909_Szemberg/...79792466063361

Old
05-26-2012, 10:40 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Zuccarello is represented by Newport Sports.

Old
05-26-2012, 10:43 AM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

What an idiot he definetelly had an NHL future, not with this team but still. I'm glad hes gone this fan base finally stop talking about him like he's our savior.

Old
05-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Placid

Quote:
I dont know his agent. I dont know if we can believe him. I just ask - does he have KHL licence?
I have absolutely no idea if Ryman has a KHL licence, i'd say probably not.
Quote:
Is he his agent for KHL? Does he know what Zuccarelo is doing? Who knows.
As far as i am aware, Zucc doesnt have any other agents than Ryman, i've never seen it mentioned anywhere. Unless he picked someone up in NA since Ryman is in Europe.
Quote:
I dont remember information on KHL club website about players contract which would be false. I follow KHL a few years.. so.
We'll find out for sure before long, either Mats will come out himself and comment on it, or his agent will say something "official", etc

Old
05-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Riverdale

Not surprised.

Closed Thread