HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Parise and Suter a package deal?

Old
05-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Koto

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatterson View Post
You also have to keep in mind that Kovalchuk is getting a 5 million dollar raise this summer too.

His actual salary the last 2 years has been 6M and now it's jumping to 11M.

wow. What were they thinking...lets circumvent the cap to pay more money than we should be while on the edge of bankruptcy.

on topic:

would be cool if they chose nashville. and why not? they have the cap space and are already a very good team, adding parise would give them a top scoring threat that they could use even though there GF was very good.

would be funny to see the wings pull it off though...once again reviving their fading team back into prime contending. personally as an individual player i wouldn't want to sign there because they should fall soon, but if i knew another superstar was coming, i would. management and coaching is so good there.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wings View Post
Smith isnt elite youth? My how little you follow hockey prospects.
Brendan Smith is just 1 player. They need a lot more where that came from.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/2012...oan-and-smith/ and i heard it on the 98.5 sports hub in Boston
Yeah that goes back to the Detroit writer I was referring too. I think this is just wishful thinking in Detroit. Hopefully...I'd hate to see them buy themselves out of that mess.

Old
05-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Come to Colorado to play with your team USA buddies Stastny and EJ guys, you know it makes sense.

Parise - Stastny - McGinn
Landeskog - O'Reilly - Downie
Mueller - Duchene - Hejduk
McLeod/Malone - McClement - Kobasew

Suter - EJ
Hejda - ROB
Gaunce/Wilson - Elliott/Barrie

Varlamov
Giguere

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:00 AM
jmeehan1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Yeah that goes back to the Detroit writer I was referring too. I think this is just wishful thinking in Detroit. Hopefully...I'd hate to see them buy themselves out of that mess.
That has the potential of being a deadly team in Detriot. I mean if you think about it being in the players postion wouldnt that be a place you would want to be considering they usually make the playoffs every year. I hope it doesnt happen. Im a huge Bruins fan i would love to see the sign one or the other but there to close to the cap so that wont happen.

jmeehan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Sarava

Quote:
That has the potential of being a deadly team in Detriot. I mean if you think about it being in the players postion wouldnt that be a place you would want to be considering they usually make the playoffs every year. I hope it doesnt happen. Im a huge Bruins fan i would love to see the sign one or the other but there to close to the cap so that wont happen.
Actually no. If they want to sign as a pair, I'd probably go for Minnesota if I were them. Very solid foundation and a sick prospect pool. Probably a nicer place to live as well. Add Suter and Parise to the Wild, and that's a darn good team and will only get better.

Where Detroit...in 3 or 4 years just about all of their top players will be gone or over the hill. Detroit does have a nice pool of prospects, but other than Brendan Smith none appears at this point to be impact players. Their system is similar to the Hawks actually...very solid, but lacking blue chippers who could be projected for top roles in the NHL (Other than Smith for them, and Saad for the Hawks respectively).

Old
05-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
If this is the case (assuming they allow for a discount) - I think teams make room.
I mean for example if they go for a combined 10 or 11 mm between the two of them. I think teams would gladly jettison some higher priced contracts.
Not a chance you get both for under 11M. That would be 5.5M each LOL.

Its gonna cost at least 14M to get both of them, and some teams would be willing to pay more.

Detroit wont be the team to land both IMO, I just dont see Suter wanting to sign there, its almost the complete opposite of everything he wants to have wherever he signs. And honestly, Detroit probably doesnt even have the Cap space for both. Abdelkader and Helm will both be looking at raises, Quincey will be looking at a raise, and once they sign Lidstrom back they will probably have 9-11 M in cap space, which isnt enough for both.

The cap will likely be 65M next year, so any team with a Cap over 60M right now, pretty much has 0 chance of getting them. And given that Suter has said he wont play in Canada, and that he likely wont be heading East, theres really only a select few teams that have a legitimate shot at both.

Colorado and Minnesota are the easy favoirtes if Suter and Parise do sign together, both fit everything Suter has said he wants to have when he signs, and both have the Cap space to sign both, although Minnesota might have to make 1 or 2 moves to make sure they have the space.

Pierce Hawthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Thorntonfan97
Jose Bautista-35 HR

vCash: 200
Send a message via MSN to Thorntonfan97 Send a message via Yahoo to Thorntonfan97
As long as they dont take their talents to South Beach

Thorntonfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
I'd pony up 7.5 per if they wanted to sign together in Colorado, staggered 5 and 6 year deals though. Life long deals get clubs in trouble... even Ovechkin's deal looks like it might not be worth it and he was in contention for best player in the world when he signed it.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:15 AM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

Quote:
I think ESPN insider might be floating this...and I've heard the Detroit media is as well.

If I'm a Detroit fan I pray this happens. That team is getting old and fast, and they aren't replenishing any of their talent with youth. At least not with elite youth.
Jarnkrok, Jurco, Smith, Nyquist, Sheahan, Pulkkinen, Ferraro, Tartar.

I think they are doing pretty darn good, especially when you consider where DET drafts every year.

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
I'd pony up 7.5 per if they wanted to sign together in Colorado, staggered 5 and 6 year deals though. Life long deals get clubs in trouble... even Ovechkin's deal looks like it might not be worth it and he was in contention for best player in the world when he signed it.
I guess some do. From the Hawks perspective, I don't see Hossa or Keith's deals as a negative. Unless Hossa doesn't return from the concussion Raffe Torres gave him.

Old
05-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
I could see TB in this. They have zero need for Parise but if it was a sign both or get neither thing I could see them doing it. They have 16 mil in cap space. If they took both at 7 and say...dump Malone for a pick or something along those lines, they'd still be able to get some additional help on the blueline and they could either aggressively trade for a goaltender or try to sign Harding at a value. Very far fetched but TB is going full force at Suter. It would be interesting.

Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:31 AM
The Yzerman
1983 - 4th Overall

Quote:
Actually no. If they want to sign as a pair, I'd probably go for Minnesota if I were them. Very solid foundation and a sick prospect pool. Probably a nicer place to live as well. Add Suter and Parise to the Wild, and that's a darn good team and will only get better.
Thing is, you add those two to any team, any team gets better, not only Minnesota.

The Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:36 AM
MNWILDFAN001

They're both going to look great in a Wild uniform.

MNWILDFAN001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:37 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Not a chance you get both for under 11M. That would be 5.5M each LOL.

Its gonna cost at least 14M to get both of them, and some teams would be willing to pay more.

Detroit wont be the team to land both IMO, I just dont see Suter wanting to sign there, its almost the complete opposite of everything he wants to have wherever he signs. And honestly, Detroit probably doesnt even have the Cap space for both. Abdelkader and Helm will both be looking at raises, Quincey will be looking at a raise, and once they sign Lidstrom back they will probably have 9-11 M in cap space, which isnt enough for both.

The cap will likely be 65M next year, so any team with a Cap over 60M right now, pretty much has 0 chance of getting them. And given that Suter has said he wont play in Canada, and that he likely wont be heading East, theres really only a select few teams that have a legitimate shot at both.

Colorado and Minnesota are the easy favoirtes if Suter and Parise do sign together, both fit everything Suter has said he wants to have when he signs, and both have the Cap space to sign both, although Minnesota might have to make 1 or 2 moves to make sure they have the space.
I'm not a Detroit fan, but (a) I don't see Detroit being the opposite of what Suter wants in a team, (b) they've got the cap space, and (c) potential raises for Abdlekader and Helm won't be the reason they don't get the duo.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I'm not a Detroit fan, but (a) I don't see Detroit being the opposite of what Suter wants in a team, (b) they've got the cap space, and (c) potential raises for Abdlekader and Helm won't be the reason they don't get the duo.
Well since Suter grew up as a Blackhawks fan - it's probably a decent guess that he may have grown up disliking the Wings. There's a good potential reason right there

Old
05-26-2012, 11:44 AM
TheSilencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorntonfan97 View Post
As long as they dont take their talents to South Beach
Good one.

Well, Does Detroit have the cap space to sign both Parise and Suter?

TheSilencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Well since Suter grew up as a Blackhawks fan - it's probably a decent guess that he may have grown up disliking the Wings. There's a good potential reason right there
And then that thing about him not wanting to play under big pressure. As we all know replacing Lidstrom and his legacy is a piece of cake.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:49 AM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

The only place I could see this happening is Minnesota and even then it's a pipe dream.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
If they lose Lidstrom and Stuart, they will. This rumor has been around for several months and thus probably has some legs.
I would be surprised. People from the midwest (at least west of Lake Michigan)...don't generally view Detroit as somewhere they want to settle down at. Not when Minneapolis or Chicago or other towns are potentially in play.

Old
05-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Well wadda ya know... Ottawa has tons of cap space and are in need of a Top 6 forward and Top 4 Dman

Old
05-26-2012, 11:53 AM
jmeehan1985

If im a player i want to play for a team that wins. Detriot wins so why wouldnt both Parise and Suter want to play there. Id rather Detriot over most of the other team because most of the other tops teams dont have the cap room. Detriot will have the cap room.

jmeehan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:55 AM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

Quote:
If im a player i want to play for a team that wins. Detriot wins so why wouldnt both Parise and Suter want to play there. Id rather Detriot over most of the other team because most of the other tops teams dont have the cap room. Detriot will have the cap room.
Their window looks like it's shutting.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:56 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
The only place I could see this happening is Minnesota and even then it's a pipe dream.
Well Minnesota would be considered "the close to home team" for both guys

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote