HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

ECF | Game 6: Rangers @ Devils | Part 3

Old
05-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
We lost to a good team and our boys learned a lot about playoff hockey.

I think we will be back...

05-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Big C

Devestaded.. Nothing else.

Where the hell was Gabby during the playoffs? He wasnt anything near where he has been during regulare season.

Anyway, good luck NJ, you're gonna be crushed anyway.
(Second goal was class though)

on the bright side, finally clean shaved.

Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 09:38 AM
toastbag

During the entire playoffs basically, it always took the Rangers at least 10 minutes into the 1st period (sometimes the entire period) before they even started playing halfway decent and in the end, that is what led to them being eliminated. If this team had just played 60 minutes the last two games, then at the very least we'd be talking about game 7.

I too don't hate the Devils team, but their are two reasons why I will be cheering hard against them... First off, I cannot stand Pete DeBoer. There's just something about that guy that makes me want to punch him in the face. And 2nd, my pain in the ass boss is a Devils fan and I'm gonna have to hear crap anyway for them beating the Rangers so I better not have to hear it for them winning the cup

toastbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Surprisingly I'm not even mad when I woke up today.

Devils have a respectable team from top to bottom, if we were to lose to a team I'm glad it's them and not Washington for the 3rd straight time.
Meh. Im not mad either, but id rather have lost to another team. There's a good thread, what team out of the 30 would you be least mad losing to?

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 09:46 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Meh. Im not mad either, but id rather have lost to another team. There's a good thread, what team out of the 30 would you be least mad losing to?
From the teams that made the playoffs this year:

Panthers
Senators
Bruins
Penguins
Washington
Flyers
Devils

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 10:16 AM
Thunderhead

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Yeaaaaaah, no.

Pretty sure you guys losing to the Kings in two weeks won't make Matteau's goal any less legendary.

Typical Debs fan.
the guy that did the matteau call is working for the islanders, right ?
i bet that call will never ever leave devils heads . is going to haunt mickey mouse till the end of time .

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 10:21 AM
smakadeface
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastbag View Post
During the entire playoffs basically, it always took the Rangers at least 10 minutes into the 1st period (sometimes the entire period) before they even started playing halfway decent and in the end, that is what led to them being eliminated. If this team had just played 60 minutes the last two games, then at the very least we'd be talking about game 7.

I too don't hate the Devils team, but their are two reasons why I will be cheering hard against them... First off, I cannot stand Pete DeBoer. There's just something about that guy that makes me want to punch him in the face. And 2nd, my pain in the ass boss is a Devils fan and I'm gonna have to hear crap anyway for them beating the Rangers so I better not have to hear it for them winning the cup
I don't hate the Devils either except when we (NYR) are playing them.
In fact, I mostly got into Hockey when my son started playing it at age 6 twelve years ago (hard to believe) and I started rooting for the Devils in their playoff run to beating Dallas for the Cup. He made me a Rangers Fan and I'm a diehard now.

This was a huge disappointment, but I could almost see it coming after spotting them a 3 goal lead and then a 2 goal lead - they must have been running on fumes.
Was incredible that they came back to tie both games (especially game 5).

Gaborik, to me, was the biggest disappointment in the Devils series. As good a shot and sense of the net as he has he completely disappeared (aside from 1 goal). If you whisper in his ear he falls down. But if you traded him you need to replace 30-40 goals a year.

Kreider was a revelation all around - thank God for him and look forward to him next year.

I'm rooting for the Devils. I can never root for a Western team, with the possible exception of when the Bruins are in it.

smakadeface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:

you'll never get a raise.

Old
05-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
the sharks .

Old
05-26-2012, 11:19 AM
msv957

Last night's Game 6 was Hank's moment to create his legacy. It just didn't happen. Marty showed why he could go down as one of the all time greats.

However, there is at least another 5 year window or more for Hank to become immortal.

This team has a really good core. Torts has this team believing in the system. It will be interesting to see what additional genious moves Sather can make to fine tune this team for the next few years. Perhaps trade Redden for another 22 year old first round pick? LOL

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:20 AM
SnowblindNYR

I can't find the post game thread and I didn't get a response there (at least not that I know of). Anyone else think that McDonagh got tripped on the Henrique goal?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:20 AM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
We lost to a good team and our boys learned a lot about playoff hockey.

I think we will be back...
No doubt this team will be in the middle of it again next year.

Quote:

Those are legit reasons for rooting for the Kings. I too would like to punch that ******* in the face.

That being said I don't really care who wins. That ended last night.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

vCash: 800
Better luck next year!

Bruinswillwin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

Ugh I know how you guys feel, losing in OT... Being Bruins fan, ut its even worse in ECF.

Old
05-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I can't find the post game thread and I didn't get a response there (at least not that I know of). Anyone else think that McDonagh got tripped on the Henrique goal?
for me , it doesn't matter. we lost and i can't wait for october 2012.

Old
05-26-2012, 11:25 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Last night's Game 6 was Hank's moment to create his legacy. It just didn't happen. Marty showed why he could go down as one of the all time greats.

However, there is at least another 5 year window or more for Hank to become immortal.

This team has a really good core. Torts has this team believing in the system. It will be interesting to see what additional genious moves Sather can make to fine tune this team for the next few years. Perhaps trade Redden for another 22 year old first round pick? LOL
I get on him plenty. Which goal do you think Hank could have stopped? The one where the guy goes in on a breakaway pretty much, he makes a great save and then no one picks up the other Devil who scores on the rebound, the passing play where every Devils touches it on the PP, where the Rangers are asleep and it goes all over the ice and Kovalchuk practically has a tap in, or the goal where the entire Rangers team has a thumb up their ***** and the Devils are on mad scramble in front and score? I guarantee you that Marty gives up those 3 goals too. It's games 4 and 5 where he was disappointing. Blaming him for yesterday's loss was ridiculous.

Old
05-26-2012, 11:29 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
for me , it doesn't matter. we lost and i can't wait for october 2012.
It doesn't, but I can always tell Devils fans the only reason they made the finals is because of the trip. Granted that's not true I can say that. Plus I can take solace that the refs and not the Devils beat the Rangers.

Old
05-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

Is the Devils beating the Rangers like how I feel when MTL beats my Bruins??? Just wondring cause it seems like from what people are saying..

Old
05-26-2012, 11:36 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I get on him plenty. Which goal do you think Hank could have stopped? The one where the guy goes in on a breakaway pretty much, he makes a great save and then no one picks up the other Devil who scores on the rebound, the passing play where every Devils touches it on the PP, where the Rangers are asleep and it goes all over the ice and Kovalchuk practically has a tap in, or the goal where the entire Rangers team has a thumb up their ***** and the Devils are on mad scramble in front and score? I guarantee you that Marty gives up those 3 goals too. It's games 4 and 5 where he was disappointing. Blaming him for yesterday's loss was ridiculous.
Not blaming Hank for the loss. It just didn't happen for whatever reasons. I do think the 3rd goal could have been stopped if Hank tightened up the five hole. It seems the Great goalies in the history of the game have that aura about them in these types of games. Who knows? Maybe that aura inspires the players in the locker room to just become Clark Kent and get that clutch goal.. Who really knows.. There is a fine line to winning and losing. However, Hank still has quite a few years to get it done.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:40 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Not blaming Hank for the loss. It just didn't happen for whatever reasons. I do think the 3rd goal could have been stopped if Hank tightened up the five hole. It seems the Great goalies in the history of the game have that aura about them in these types of games. Who knows? Maybe that aura inspires the players in the locker room to just become Clark Kent and get that clutch goal.. Who really knows.. There is a fine line to winning and losing. However, Hank still has quite a few years to get it done.
I don't know, he had no idea where the puck was I think. He spread his legs IMO to make himself big. I'm not a goalie, but I would thing if he tightened up the 5 hole there's a better chance of it going around him.

Old
05-26-2012, 11:41 AM
SnowblindNYR

BTW, I looked at the scores from the Ducks playoffs in 07 and most of the games look like ours. They did score more than 3 goals more than once and a few times they had to. We're not THAT far off.

07 Ducks scores

Old
05-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinswillwin77 View Post
Is the Devils beating the Rangers like how I feel when MTL beats my Bruins??? Just wondring cause it seems like from what people are saying..
Yeah, I guess. Devils are the arch rivals for the Rangers.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Thunderhead

Quote:
at least the habs are one of the original 6 not some kansas city transplant fighting bankruptcy .

Old
05-26-2012, 12:22 PM
jmb9191

I'm just worried because I thought the mets were golden after 06 for a few years to come with Jose and david and Carlos ect...you never know when you'll be back there....

jmb9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:04 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Ugh I know how you guys feel, losing in OT... Being Bruins fan, ut its even worse in ECF.
Two of my good friends are Bruins fans. They couldn't even talk **** when the Rangers lost. They felt my pain.

I seriously would have rather lost to the Bruins than to the Devils.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote