HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2012 Stanley Cup Final - Los Angeles Kings vs. New Jersey Devils

Old
05-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
The Devils hit like a battering ram? I beg to differ
The writer is a huge Devils homer. He's picked against the Kings in every round, he had Phoenix in 6.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 12:37 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
The writer is a huge Devils homer. He's picked against the Kings in every round, he had Phoenix in 6.
You can be a homer, but don't be completely blind. That's like saying the Kings possess an explosive PP

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
You can be a homer, but don't be completely blind. That's like saying the Kings possess an explosive PP
They will in the final.

Old
05-26-2012, 12:41 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

So should we call this series a "Holy War" or the "Crusades"?

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Kovy plays the full 2 minutes of pp and is injured so lacks his usual explosiveness and speed. Have to look to take advantage of that in the 2nd half of pp's. Probably switch up the pk units and have Stoll/Lewis out as the 2nd unit instead of the 3rd, so that 1 of Kopitar/Brown or Richards/Carter can be on the ice for the final minute and look to take advantage of a tired Kovy

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:22 PM
outofrange

I told my girlfriend that the Kings are simply the better team, and should win. She said, "Well, sometimes the better team/people/etc. don't come out on top. It's all about momentum. Life's a *****."

God, it would be heartbreaking if we don't come out firing and get this done. She's right, though, damn.

Anyway, I think the fear/nerves/anxiety are already kicking up another notch the closer it gets. The Devils are a good team, and we have to be better.

outofrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:28 PM
The Soft Parade

They have Peter Harrold

The Soft Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

vCash: 50
I like Gagne going with the team to NJ. Makes the thought of him back in Game 1 even better for us. Go Kings Go! I frankly don't care how many games it takes us to blow this team away. We will:laugh

Dooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:41 PM
SMantzas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
whew! I feel a bit better.

Who would've thought that you would ever see the words "peter harrold" and "puck creativity" in the same sentence!

Lol no. Zidlicky is much better in that regard than Harrold. Plus, Tallinder has been practicing with the team for like a week and could be back for game 1

SMantzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
So should we call this series a "Holy War" or the "Crusades"?
Naturally a Crusade, Deus Vult!

To hell with the Devil(s)!

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:06 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
People are underestimating the Devils. This is probably Brodeur's last time in the finals. If you don't think he's hungry for one last title, then you're delusional. Patrick Roy (arguably best goalie of all-time) beat us in '93, Brodeur (arguably best goalie of all-time) playing us in 2012. This is going to be a very good SC Finals, I can't wait, but don't sleep on the Devils, all I'm saying
It doesn't matter what fans think, only what the Kings think.

I am sure Sutter will not allow the Kings to take anyone lightly.

Also I am sorry but if the Kings can't exploit that Defense (which doesn't have a number 1 or 2 caliber D-man). Also the 40 year old in net......Well than the Kings don't deserve a Cup at all. Nothing wrong with being a confidant fan. The Kings have given us no reason so far to not be.

I was all but certain the Kings would beat the Blues+Yotes.... Those teams I think are better than the Devils.

Could Marty turn back the clock ten years ? Sure anything can happen the series starts 0-0. But I think the Kings will wipe the floor with Jersey.

If the Kings lose the series, well then they will have lost to the weakest D + Goalie they have faced yet......Than the Kings didn't deserve it.

Last edited by damacles1156: 05-26-2012 at 03:16 PM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Game one has been huge for the kings each series. After game one, the opponent has made lineup changes to try and counteract the kings play.

Kings need to pound their defensemen all game. Kings have been strong in the third period/OT.

Kings have been able to wear down the other team, but NJ can roll four effective lines and should be fresher in the third than any other kings opponent.

Old
05-26-2012, 03:36 PM
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 920
I don't think I've ever posted on your board, but Congrats on this amazing run you guys are having! I'm hoping for a hard fought, historical series on both sides, and that our fans can get along on here

See you Wednesday

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:13 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Sweet raptor jesus the Devils fans are a sensitive bunch for a franchise that already has multiple Cups. They are all mad that our fanbase is confident in the Kings. Looks like we've got to deal with haters until the very end. So be it.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Sweet raptor jesus the Devils fans are a sensitive bunch for a franchise that already has multiple Cups. They are all mad that our fanbase is confident in the Kings. Looks like we've got to deal with haters until the very end. So be it.
Two words- inferiority complex

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:32 PM
outofrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
I don't think they get where we are coming from, pertaining to this season and the endless decades of a winless franchise. I respect Devils fans, but this is a quick breakdown of what is going through my head (been a Kings fan since 92, when I was a little kid):

1. We have been supporting this team through some very lean years. We deserve this, as a fanbase.
2. The pre-season and regular season were ****, for the most part. The last 20 games of the season gave me hope, but when you head into the season with your franchise #1 d-man holding out for more money/more years, it already puts a bit of a damper on the season.
3. We SUCKED under Terry Murray. It drained the life out of the players, to play such a bland, boring type of hockey, and it killed the fans in the process. We've lost so many 1-0, 2-1 games during the season that it drove me nearly to tears a few times out of frustration. (Drove me to drink for sure.)
4. Gags going down, the team being inept at goalscoring, Doughty looking overpaid and lackluster, the third and fourth lines being big weak spots.

For most of the season, the bright spot was Quick and Quick alone. Then, like a breath of fresh ****ing air, we traded for Carter and the team started shaking off the old and adjusted to Sutter's more uptempo system. Sutter was a breath of fresh air, the anti-Murray in every regard. He holds players accountable, demands each one is ready to go, and puts them in a position to succeed.

Like, the last twenty games of the reg. season plus the playoffs have been a wonderful experience. This was turning out to be one of the lowest seasons I've ever had as a fan (we came in with such high expectations), and the reward has been so sweet up to this point.

Sure we are overconfident as **** right now, but I still respect the hell out of the Devils and pray that we beat them. We have gone through every adversity pre-season to reg. season, and I hope that this is the team of destiny that they look to be. So many things going wrong throughout the ride, and yet we are still here.

May the best team win.

outofrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 2400
Wednesday cant come soon enough. I never thought I would be wishing for a holiday weekend to go by fast. Go Kings!

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:37 PM
johnjm22

I think the Devils are a wily, crafty, resilient team.

Kings were able to frustrate the Coyotes and Blues which took them off their games. I don't think NJ is that kind of team.

Our D core is obviously our biggest advantage.

I'm expecting a good long series...but then again I thought that about the previous 3 series.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 05:26 PM
thunderchief1994

This is your time, you waited long enough. I'm a Ranger fan just saying you will never have a chance as good as this, it's yours for the taking. Good luck.

thunderchief1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 05:45 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Guns hot.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 05:55 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

I just feel like if the Kings continue to play the way they've played the last 14 games we are golden. I just don't see any team beating them 4 of 7 times.

But if the Kings, for some crazy reason, let off the gas pedal for even a moment the Devils are certainly the kind of team that can start putting doubts in the Kings heads.

Godspeed Kings!!! Godspeed!

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Slycer

What I want to see is Kings from game 1 vs the Coyotes. Total domination. Minus the fluke goals, obviously. I've been confident in winning series 2 and 3, after defeating Vancouver. Getting nervous again, NJ is a very good team. Wednesday can't come soon enough and I'd love to know how many people from Slovenia will get up at 2am to watch the games.

Slycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 06:34 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

I was at the Kings practice today, the thing that stood out most to me was the smile on Penners face. He looked like a kid in a candy store. Just a big kid having fun. He looks ready to go. It was nice to see a big grin on Browns face to. Heck, Kopi and Doughty also but Quick look pretty rigid. Meh.... The applause we gave them when they left the ice gave me goose bumps. Cool thing to see, never been before. From Utah might go again tomorrow. Just good to see Pens having fun.

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 06:47 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
I don't think I've ever posted on your board, but Congrats on this amazing run you guys are having! I'm hoping for a hard fought, historical series on both sides, and that our fans can get along on here

See you Wednesday
Thanks for the kind words and you are always welcome around here. There are a few Devils fans that post around here from time to time and it usually works out well.

I like the way we match up. Our best vs your best is about as good a series as anyone could hope for.

We both play similar styles and have great goaltenders (of course JQ isn't MB just yet) and play sound system hockey.

I think it is going to be a great series.

Wednesday it is!!!!

All the best.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soft Parade View Post
They have Peter Harrold
I have fear.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote