HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

Justin Schultz leaving college

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-26-2012, 10:23 AM
  #101
furball411
Registered User
 
furball411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 214
vCash: 500
Let's hope the delay between now and June 24th means that the two sides are negotiating a deal like the Wild did with Mikael Granlund. On the other hand, if Schultz mans up and tells the Ducks that he has no intent to play for them, Murray should have traded him earlier this week. Bob was the one who shipped Wisniewski right after wilting to his contract demands and his temper is known to be pretty short. IMO Schultz would already be gone if he had told the Ducks about his desire to leave. Then again, he might be keeping his mouth shut to everybody including Anaheim. The one good thing is that Murray has been in contact with Wade Arnott, who also represents Bobby Ryan, and I think Arnott better be careful to not piss off the employer of one of his most important clients.

furball411 is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 10:39 AM
  #102
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I'm going to assume for the moment that the tampering charges are baseless. If Burke was involved in tampering, that is some pretty heinous **** when you consider their friendship.


In 2009,when the leafs had 7th overall,Burke said in a press conference that he wanted Tavares,who was expected to go first overall.Snow refused to put the first on the trade table.

For months,a nasty little campaign went on behind the scenes,with members of the Toronto press trying to convince Tavares to pull an Eric Lindros.Tell the isles he would not sign with them and force a trade to Toronto.Would Toronto being hit, with a tampering charge surprise me?Nah.Not at all.

Leaf management,fans and the media in Toronto think they have some god given right to top players/prospects.


I hope this loophole is closed in the new cba.And I hope if Schultz does sign elsewhere,the Ducks are able to prove tampering changes and get compensated with extra picks.

CREW99AW is online now  
Old
05-26-2012, 10:44 AM
  #103
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.
 
Dorian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,431
vCash: 50
Hey guys. HF Oil has been having a discussion about Shultz and the possibility of him going to Edmonton for a couple of months (ever since the bobby Mac suggestion that Shultz would possibly go to Edmonton).

Is it hopeful speculation or is there some actual good supporting facts about this? Besides the fact that Shultz likes to vissit Edmonton.

What is your defense corps stacking up to look like this year? Can you really afford to lose this prospect? Any word from Shultz himself on his wishes?

Nobody at HF Oil has really heard anything of substance regarding this guy.

Let us know...if YOU know!

Dorian2 is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 10:51 AM
  #104
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander
 
Lord Flashheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bananaland crapital
Country: Croatia
Posts: 3,607
vCash: 500
All speculation, hopeful, realistic or unrealistic who knows. Besides him saying, during previous off-season, he will sign with Ducks there was nothing official.

Lord Flashheart is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 11:02 AM
  #105
Unagi
Registered User
 
Unagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Hey guys. HF Oil has been having a discussion about Shultz and the possibility of him going to Edmonton for a couple of months (ever since the bobby Mac suggestion that Shultz would possibly go to Edmonton).

Is it hopeful speculation or is there some actual good supporting facts about this? Besides the fact that Shultz likes to vissit Edmonton.

What is your defense corps stacking up to look like this year? Can you really afford to lose this prospect? Any word from Shultz himself on his wishes?

Nobody at HF Oil has really heard anything of substance regarding this guy.

Let us know...if YOU know!

I think the bottom line is that NOBODY knows. There has been no word about his intentions at all. Only a lot of speculations. Last we heard was that we had good talks with his Agent I believe and Schultz had every intent to sign with the Ducks.

However as months passed by we got anxious and with the rumors floating around get confronted with the idea of him bailing on us.

We could really need him and I think there is no doubt he would play Top 4 Minutes, if he is good enough maybe even Top 2.

As I said, until the kid speaks, there will be a lot of speculation. Just for the record: I don't think Bob McKenzie has any more information than we do. He just throws a few rumors around that create a lot of discussion because that is his job. In reality I doubt he knows jack. Why? Because he gets most his information from NHL GMs, and aside of Bob Murray, no GM is allowed near the Schultz camp. And I have doubts BM talks to anyone, even McKenzie.

Unagi is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 11:09 AM
  #106
furball411
Registered User
 
furball411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Hey guys. HF Oil has been having a discussion about Shultz and the possibility of him going to Edmonton for a couple of months (ever since the bobby Mac suggestion that Shultz would possibly go to Edmonton).

Is it hopeful speculation or is there some actual good supporting facts about this? Besides the fact that Shultz likes to vissit Edmonton.

What is your defense corps stacking up to look like this year? Can you really afford to lose this prospect? Any word from Shultz himself on his wishes?

Nobody at HF Oil has really heard anything of substance regarding this guy.

Let us know...if YOU know!
I'll leave you with this quote he made a while after his buddy Gardiner had been traded: "They know that I want to play for them in the next couple years, and they trust me."

furball411 is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 11:11 AM
  #107
Unagi
Registered User
 
Unagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,392
vCash: 500
Wouldn't it be funny if he had every intent of signing with the Ducks but due to a lot of insults by fans decided to go somewhere else?

Unagi is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 11:12 AM
  #108
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 8,198
vCash: 50
If there have been "players wooing" Schultz from Toronto, the most obvious suspect is Gardiner. I really doubt Burke would have anything to do with that.

Spicy Porkins is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 11:29 AM
  #109
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.
 
Dorian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,431
vCash: 50
Thanks for the responses to my above post.

I guess everyone will just have to wait and see what Shultz's decision is.

Dorian2 is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 11:30 AM
  #110
Unagi
Registered User
 
Unagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,392
vCash: 500
Toronto is actually the only destination I think is out of the question. They are only a topic, because it is the biggest market and the hockey world seems to revolve around them. Schultz would be an idiot to want to be a part of the mess they are in right now.

Unagi is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 11:39 AM
  #111
Emerald Duck
Registered User
 
Emerald Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshi View Post

We could really need him and I think there is no doubt he would play Top 4 Minutes, if he is good enough maybe even Top 2.
I really doubt Schultz would play Top 4 minutes for us this year outside of the PP, and he knows it. Personally, I think he'll be hard pressed to beat out Sami Vatanen for a roster spot or the top spot in the AHL unless Murray has to make a verbal promise to Schultz to get him to sign with us.

As others have stated, Sami has proven more and accomplished more in his young career against professional hockey players than Justin has playing against the college kids. The winner between the two of them will be based on who can play an acceptable level of defense to be a regular in the NHL.

We should sign Schultz to secure his rights, then trade his miserable behind to a struggling franchise for fair value.


Last edited by Emerald Duck: 05-26-2012 at 11:41 AM. Reason: mispelling
Emerald Duck is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 11:44 AM
  #112
Unagi
Registered User
 
Unagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Duck View Post
I really doubt Schultz would play Top 4 minutes for us this year outside of the PP, and he knows it. Personally, I think he'll be hard pressed to beat out Sami Vatanen for a roster spot or the top spot in the AHL unless Murray has to make a verbal promise to Schultz to get him to sign with us.

Sami has proven more and accomplished more in his young career against professional hockey players than Justin has playing against the college kids. The winner between the two of them will be based on who can play an acceptable level of defense to be a regular in the NHL.

We should sign Schultz to secure his rights, then trade his miserable behind to a struggling franchise for fair value.
First off, I think Murray will promise Schultz anything to make him sign here. Secondly, we can be sure Vatanen will NOT play in the NHL next season. He will need time to adjust to the North American game - in the AHL. So Schultz has no competition from him.

I think if Schultz signs he will play Top 4 Minutes. Probably alongside Sbisa. Then we could either trade Lubo or have him play on the 3rd Pairing. He has not been good last season anyway. With 3 Offensive Defensman we'd have a good situation on our PP, especially if someone struggles.

Unagi is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 12:16 PM
  #113
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by la patineuse View Post
@Russostrib: @ScottStenze1 he's picked his team. My guess is Toronto

@Russostrib: @Kmae5475 none. He's obviously picked his team. My guess: Toronto

Btw, you do understand that 'la' is a feminine article, right bro?
Thanks. My bad, I (and a lot of my age group) use "bro" as a gender-neutral term, like "guys," and sometimes I forget that that's not the norm just yet. Haha.

7even is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 12:22 PM
  #114
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,924
vCash: 100
You guys can hate Burke for a lot of things but Burke is seriously not one to tamper...I mean come on he threatens to offer sheet for Kessel but he pays more than enough to get him in a trade, he won't sign guys to front loaded contracts which he thinks circumvent the cap like the Kovalchuk, Luongo contracts etc.

If Schultz chose Toronto...it isn't because of tampering. He genuinely wants to play with Gardiner or come to Toronto if he does.

However, he could just as easily go to Vancouver or Edmonton or any other team. Nobody besides Schultz and maybe the Ducks knows for sure what Schultz plans on doing.

I don't know why you guys think that Toronto is sure to get him and Burke is tampering behind the scenes.

Pi is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 12:37 PM
  #115
JGardiner51
Registered User
 
JGardiner51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Leafs Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by furball411 View Post
Maybe Brian Burke would feel bad for his old boy Murray and give him back Gardiner. Still not a good deal but it's better than losing both Schultz and Gardiner.

JGardiner51 is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 01:22 PM
  #116
iknowphysics
Registered User
 
iknowphysics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 189
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to iknowphysics
Schultz is exercising his rights allowed under the current CBA.

iknowphysics is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 01:27 PM
  #117
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.
 
Four1 Lead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by furball411 View Post
McKenzie is a moron... Biggest Canadian homer on TSN.. That being said, he could be 100 percent on the money. The problem is Schultz already gave the Ducks his word and watching this blow up in McKenzie's face would make me so happy. Also, apparently the Ducks need Schultz's cooperation to actually trade his rights, so if he really is a pr*ck then he could deny that too.
Bob McKenzie is without question the most credible person in hockey.

Four1 Lead is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 01:27 PM
  #118
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander
 
Lord Flashheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bananaland crapital
Country: Croatia
Posts: 3,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowphysics View Post
Schultz is exercising his rights allowed under the current CBA.
Wow, really? Thanks!

Lord Flashheart is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 01:30 PM
  #119
Jesus Teemu
Registered User
 
Jesus Teemu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,430
vCash: 50
Where did all these Leaf fans come from?

Jesus Teemu is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 01:43 PM
  #120
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.
 
Four1 Lead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,770
vCash: 500
Unfortunate for you guys. I hope you get something of value for his rights.

If it comes down to trading him to the organization of his choice, you're likely going to get a better return from Toronto than you would from Edmonton or Vancouver. I read a few months ago that Anaheim was interested in Korbinian Holzer. Same age defensive blue liner in the AHL for the Toronto Marlies. He might be the best defensive defenceman in the AHL.

I would think that based on a guarantee that Schultz signs with Toronto, Burke would send Holzer to Anaheim. That's a hell of a lot better than a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Four1 Lead is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 01:44 PM
  #121
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowphysics View Post
Schultz is exercising his rights allowed under the current CBA.
And white supremacists and nazis holding rallies are just exercising their constitutional rights. It doesn't mean everyone has to like them.

Was this too early in the thread to Goddard it?

Ducks DVM is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 01:52 PM
  #122
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.
 
Four1 Lead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
Yeah, just like Getzlaf centering your top line! Oh wait...
Is that Shtalenkov?

NM. It's Guy Hebert. Didn't pick up on the GUUUUUUUUYYY.

Four1 Lead is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 02:03 PM
  #123
Sonny21
Registerd User
 
Sonny21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,622
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Where did all these Leaf fans come from?
We have secret senses that detects anyone mentioning anything about Leafs Naw, personally Ducks are my 2nd fav team so I do try to follow them a bit.

I do hope you guys get something of value back if you do trade his rights. However you would need Schultz's cooperation for that as well. However I am sure Burke would be willing to offer a mid pick/prospect and but make it much bigger if he does sign with Leafs.

It completely sucks that you are losing a player that you drafted all because of a silly loophole. I know some of you want someone to blame, but yeah I think the Burke tampering stuff is bs, all because some blogger/beat writer stated he thinks he'll sign with Toronto? I don't think Burke is squeaky clean type of guy but the one person I don't think he would do that to would be BM.

Sonny21 is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 02:06 PM
  #124
Jesus Teemu
Registered User
 
Jesus Teemu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,430
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny21 View Post
We have secret senses that detects anyone mentioning anything about Leafs Naw, personally Ducks are my 2nd fav team so I do try to follow them a bit.

I do hope you guys get something of value back if you do trade his rights. However you would need Schultz's cooperation for that as well. However I am sure Burke would be willing to offer a mid pick/prospect and but make it much bigger if he does sign with Leafs.

It completely sucks that you are losing a player that you drafted all because of a silly loophole. I know some of you want someone to blame, but yeah I think the Burke tampering stuff is bs, all because some blogger/beat writer stated he thinks he'll sign with Toronto? I don't think Burke is squeaky clean type of guy but the one person I don't think he would do that to would be BM.
You make a good point. Burke would look like a huge hypocrite, and BM is a good friend. They make small transactions all the time, and I don't think BB would want to mess that up.

Jesus Teemu is offline  
Old
05-26-2012, 02:13 PM
  #125
Sonny21
Registerd User
 
Sonny21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,622
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
You make a good point. Burke would look like a huge hypocrite, and BM is a good friend. They make small transactions all the time, and I don't think BB would want to mess that up.
Yeap. Now once the 30 day exclusive is done and it's clear he won't sign with Ducks, then I could see him flying Gardiner with MLSE private jet to see Justin personally to make him his pitch

His rights will be traded though way before the 30 day window closes.

I just want to know at what point he changed his mind, I really do think Ducks fans at least deserve some type of explanation. No he doesn't owe it to anyone as his well within his rights. But when you claim you want to sign with the team and blah but want to play one more college season and then this...

Sonny21 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.