HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECF | Game 6: Rangers @ Devils | Part 3

Old
05-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

vCash: 500
The most annoying thing about this entire series was the comparison to 1994. The media blew it up and you know it had to get to the players--on both sides too. If anything, I see this NYR team more like the NJD team in 1994. Whatever. Only five months until next season.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:29 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Shanahan View Post
The most annoying thing about this entire series was the comparison to 1994. The media blew it up and you know it had to get to the players--on both sides too. If anything, I see this NYR team more like the NJD team in 1994. Whatever. Only five months until next season.
I hope that ends it...This team needs to create its own legacy. Not to live in the past of one moment

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Colorado Rockies '76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Yeaaaaaah, no.

Pretty sure you guys losing to the Kings in two weeks won't make Matteau's goal any less legendary.

Typical Debs fan.
Still stuck in '94 I see. Keep watching your worn-out VHS '94 tape and waiting for the next '94 player jersey retirement so you can relive that Cup yet again.

I won't say "typical Rags fan", because a lot of intelligent Ranger fans have moved on from '94, and are smart enough to realize that, due to three Cup wins and now five Finals appearances, Devils fans have too. But sadly, you represent the large contingent of Ranger fans that keeps mentally rewinding to '94 with each season's Cup-less ending.

Colorado Rockies '76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Kershaw

Agreed, I'm gonna barf when I see that Matteau video or the Messier Guarantee. I'm tired o 94 and I'm sad that I didn't get to experience it.

I think when Rosen said "This one will last a lifetime!", it actually may come true......

Last edited by Kershaw: 05-26-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:35 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rockies '76 View Post
Still stuck in '94 I see. Keep watching your worn-out VHS '94 tape and waiting for the next '94 player jersey retirement so you can relive that Cup yet again.

I won't say "typical Rags fan", because a lot of intelligent Ranger fans have moved on from '94, and are smart enough to realize that, due to three Cup wins and now five Finals appearances, Devils fans have too. But sadly, you represent the large contingent of Ranger fans that keeps mentally rewinding to '94 with each season's Cup-less ending.
The goal's legendary any way you slice it. The only way for the Devils to truly exorcise that moment is if they go on to win the Cup this year. And we're not stuck in 94, most of us have been clamoring to move the **** on from 94. Just because the media hypes the hell out of a moment doesn't make a part of history any less legendary.

05-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Colorado Rockies '76

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
The goal's legendary any way you slice it. The only way for the Devils to truly exorcise that moment is if they go on to win the Cup this year. And we're not stuck in 94, most of us have been clamoring to move the **** on from 94. Just because the media hypes the hell out of a moment doesn't make a part of history any less legendary.
My post acknowedges as such...I said a lot of intelligent Ranger fans are done with '94. Matteau's goal was clearly special, especially with Howie Rose's call punctuating the moment, but I think Messier's guarantee/hat trick is more legendary. As a Devil fan, I'd say Game 6 and they way they lost was actually a little bit harder than losing Game 7, strange as that may sound.

Old
05-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Colorado Rockies '76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Agreed, I'm gonna barf when I see that Matteau video or the Messier Guarantee. I'm tired o 94 and I'm sad that I didn't get to experience it.

I think when Rosen said "This one will last a lifetime!", it actually may come true......
They have the goalie, they just need to tweak the roster a little...they should have a 4-5 year window of contention.

Old
05-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
They have the goalie, they just need to tweak the roster a little...they should have a 4-5 year window of contention.
And the teams in the Atlantic are just as good. Pittsburgh with Malkin and Crosby, Philly with Giroux and possibly Suter, NJ with Parise/Kovalchuk.

They need another superstar player to compete for the cup.

Old
05-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Colorado Rockies '76

Quote:
And the teams in the Atlantic are just as good. Pittsburgh with Malkin and Crosby, Philly with Giroux and possibly Suter, NJ with Parise/Kovalchuk.

They need another superstar player to compete for the cup.
It's gotta suck being an Islander fan...the Atlantic could easily continue to send four teams to the playoffs for the next few seasons. The poor poor Isles...

Old
05-26-2012, 06:10 PM
chosen

Quote:
It's gotta suck being an Islander fan...the Atlantic could easily continue to send four teams to the playoffs for the next few seasons. The poor poor Isles...
Don't be so sure. Fortunes in sport change incredibly quickly. Does not mean the Isles are set to compete, but they could soon, and everyone will be shocked when it happens.

Like the way people were shocked about the Rangers this year.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 06:12 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Don't be so sure. Fortunes in sport change incredibly quickly. Does not mean the Isles are set to compete, but they could soon, and everyone will be shocked when it happens.

Like the way people were shocked about the Rangers this year.
Anyone who was shocked that the Rangers was good is an idiot. I have no trouble saying that. We went out and got a #1 center that we've needed for ages. Anyone who thought this team wasn't going to be good is just not all that smart.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:37 PM
folding
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Two of my good friends are Bruins fans. They couldn't even talk **** when the Rangers lost. They felt my pain.

I seriously would have rather lost to the Bruins than to the Devils.
Your Bruins fans friends are much nicer than my Bruins fans friends, I guess. I lived in Boston for 5 years and have a lot of friends who are Bruins fans, most of whom were extremely quick to give me a hard time immediately after yesterday's loss. Quite sad, really.

I'm pissed about how it all ended last night but I believe in the Rangers and have no reason to doubt that they will be back next year and will go just as far and further. They're not done for the long-term. This is an exciting team. Just wish it were October already.

folding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by folding View Post
Your Bruins fans friends are much nicer than my Bruins fans friends, I guess. I lived in Boston for 5 years and have a lot of friends who are Bruins fans, most of whom were extremely quick to give me a hard time immediately after yesterday's loss. Quite sad, really.

I'm pissed about how it all ended last night but I believe in the Rangers and have no reason to doubt that they will be back next year and will go just as far and further. They're not done for the long-term. This is an exciting team. Just wish it were October already.
Yeah I'm sure if the Bruins were still in it they would be giving me Hell. I got my Dev fan friends for that now.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:52 PM
folding
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Yeah I'm sure if the Bruins were still in it they would be giving me Hell. I got my Dev fan friends for that now.
Heh. Well the Bruins are definitely not in it and haven't been for awhile and that made their fans bitter, bitter, and oh, did I mention bitter?

folding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 10:53 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Anyone who was shocked that the Rangers was good is an idiot. I have no trouble saying that. We went out and got a #1 center that we've needed for ages. Anyone who thought this team wasn't going to be good is just not all that smart.

put me in the idiot category, i was expecting another 7-8 seed. Thankfully I've never claimed to be all that smart however i am smart enough to recognize that "anyone who was shocked that the rangers was good is an idiot" is brutal grammar, even for this message board.

no one could've predicted this team wold have held it together as long as they did risking life and limb every game. Oh I apologize, those with above average intelligence clearly saw this coming.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:59 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
They'll replace the Devils. The Devils could easily be a mediocre team in the coming years.
No Parise and Brodeur retires.

I've heard some Devils fans say this themselves.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 12:05 AM
SomaBoy
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
for me , it doesn't matter. we lost and i can't wait for october 2012.
Just watched it again and McD was tied up by Henrique but he sort of fell away from him to help Hank freeze the puck. He may of accidently made it worse. With him sprawled out in front of him, Hank had to push the puck out of the crease to avoid a penalty shot and by it then it kicked to his right and Kolvachuk was waiting there (like he was all series) to hack at it. That gave Ponikarovsky time to skate all the way from the far boards to the right side and push it back towards the goal. I still think if Hank drops his stick and flops down the puck is covered for a 1-1000, 2-2000 and we get a whistle. The chaos beat us.

I still can't understand why Richards didn't take Henrique out behind Hank. He probably expected a whistle and then it was suddenly in his skates and in the net. That happened all series, all playoffs really. We got pushed around in our own end, especially the crease.
I'm curious to see how many garbage goals the Devils get against LA...that team's crazy.

Sigh...still pissed, MRF 05.27

SomaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 12:08 AM
Kershaw

Can the thread now be locked? It is getting pretty depressing to see it up here......

Old
05-27-2012, 12:15 AM
Colorado Rockies '76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
They'll replace the Devils. The Devils could easily be a mediocre team in the coming years.
No Parise and Brodeur retires.

I've heard some Devils fans say this themselves.
Is that you Scott Burnside? He's been predicting the Devils' demise for years.

All joking aside, the Devils have seen their share of free-agency defections through the years, but have remained competitive...obviously Brodeur will retire shortly, and with Zach, I'd say he's 50-50 to stay...hard to say. Every team has a down cycle eventually, but with the exception of last year's brutal first half, the Devils have been relevant in just about every season since '87-'88 ('88-'89 and last year being the exceptions...the '95-'96 team was eliminated from making the playoffs in their last game). I'll believe it when I see it, re: the Devils becoming a mediocre team anytime soon.

Old
05-27-2012, 12:22 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Can the thread now be locked? It is getting pretty depressing to see it up here......
Came in here to post the same. Lock and unsticky. Let it fall.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 12:37 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
My post acknowedges as such...I said a lot of intelligent Ranger fans are done with '94. Matteau's goal was clearly special, especially with Howie Rose's call punctuating the moment, but I think Messier's guarantee/hat trick is more legendary. As a Devil fan, I'd say Game 6 and they way they lost was actually a little bit harder than losing Game 7, strange as that may sound.

howie rose's matteau call will haunt the mickey forever.

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 12:40 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Is that you Scott Burnside? He's been predicting the Devils' demise for years.

All joking aside, the Devils have seen their share of free-agency defections through the years, but have remained competitive...obviously Brodeur will retire shortly, and with Zach, I'd say he's 50-50 to stay...hard to say. Every team has a down cycle eventually, but with the exception of last year's brutal first half, the Devils have been relevant in just about every season since '87-'88 ('88-'89 and last year being the exceptions...the '95-'96 team was eliminated from making the playoffs in their last game). I'll believe it when I see it, re: the Devils becoming a mediocre team anytime soon.
mickey goes bankrupt , mediocre and irrelevant .

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...j3eedEXNJwTpLJ

Old
05-27-2012, 12:44 AM
Colorado Rockies '76

Quote:
mickey goes bankrupt , mediocre and irrelevant .

Just start and end each one of your posts with "duuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh" and you'll make more sense.

Keep livin' in '94.

Old
05-27-2012, 12:51 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Just start and end each one of your posts with "duuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh" and you'll make more sense.

Keep livin' in '94.
i knew you are to .... not to bite.

here mickey , again :

Old
05-27-2012, 01:15 AM
Colorado Rockies '76

Quote:
i knew you are to .... not to bite.

here mickey , again :

The New York Post...there's a reputable publication. That's where lots of people go for accurate, hard-hitting news. Please.

Nope, thanks to 3 Cups and what will now be the Devils' FIFTH SCF appearance since '94, I got past '94 a long time ago...for the Devils, it was a necessary stepping stone to bigger and better things...but I can see why you haven't. Must suck to know that your team has to blow its wad to recruit another teams' dynasty to buy itself a Cup. What have they done since? Two ECF appearances since '94, with a combined 3-8 record in those series. Awesome stuff. Go ahead, keep up the mickey taunts...I'm sure attendance, parking lot, and Debbie quips can't be far behind.