HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Great season.

Old
05-26-2012, 11:56 AM
rangers5000

vCash: 500
its naive to think we will win the cup next year, in this age so many things need to go right and everything needs to come together at the right time

im sorry but i feel some of you don't nearly care as much as others, i just can't simply say "whatever theres always next season", this felt like our year and lossing last night in the fashion we did was devasting i was fighting back tears and feel no better today

this is the first time i really feel why do i root for this team, why do i invest so much time, this playoffs was rangers all day, even off days always thinking about the games, only to have what happened last night

i just feel like walking away or atleast becoming more of a casual fan, i can't go through this again, watching every game every pre game, every post game, coming on these boards for hours, and for what, to be severly depressed and watching my family almost in tears after last nights game

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Agreed, I think we struggle to make playoffs next year. 7th-8th seed.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Habs fan here.

Great season NYR

The Stanley Cup is maybe the toughest to win of all.

You guys were/are very close

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:17 PM
JaeTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Agreed, I think we struggle to make playoffs next year. 7th-8th seed.
Why? We have the best goaltender in the league and one of the top defenses. What part of that screams 7th or 8th seed? Will we finish first again next year? Probably not, but I highly doubt we fall that far.

JaeTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:20 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeTM View Post
Why? We have the best goaltender in the league and one of the top defenses. What part of that screams 7th or 8th seed? Will we finish first again next year? Probably not, but I highly doubt we fall that far.
He's a kings fan so dont pay attention. We should be even better next year i feel dubinsky should have a better year kreider will have a full camp and im sure we will get a few more offensive pieces.

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeTM View Post
We escaped injuries to our star players. We overachieved big time in the regular season.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:25 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Hawks fan here....

but Rangers supporter as my dad is a diehard fan since the 70's...

Great year for you guys, I was rooting for you guys bigtime...

All I can say is your team reminds me of the 09 Hawks....have highend skill and young guns...it will click for you guys next year.

keep your heads up guys, it isnt as bad as some of you are making it out to be. you have some real solid young guys that will have big impacts on your team next year....you will get Sauer back who is a rock, and I think you guys will make it to the cup finals...

against my Hawks ofcourse!

great year guys, and keep them heads up, it will be fine next year

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
He's a kings fan so dont pay attention. We should be even better next year i feel dubinsky should have a better year kreider will have a full camp and im sure we will get a few more offensive pieces.
He is a Rangers fan which makes what he said just mind-boggling. Nowhere to go but up for this team. We get a full year out of Kreider, Staal is healthy, McD will continue to develop into an amazing two way defensemen, hopefully at some point we'll get Sauer back, I am optimistic that Dubi and Anisimov will rebound. I can't really see anything that says we'll miss the playoffs or finish as the 8th seed unless some of our core guys are out for a while or Hank decides to turn into Bryzgalov.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:32 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
Hawks fan here....

but Rangers supporter as my dad is a diehard fan since the 70's...

Great year for you guys, I was rooting for you guys bigtime...

All I can say is your team reminds me of the 09 Hawks....have highend skill and young guns...it will click for you guys next year.

keep your heads up guys, it isnt as bad as some of you are making it out to be. you have some real solid young guys that will have big impacts on your team next year....you will get Sauer back who is a rock, and I think you guys will make it to the cup finals...

against my Hawks ofcourse!

great year guys, and keep them heads up, it will be fine next year
Thanks AD, appreciate it.

05-26-2012, 02:36 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
He is a Rangers fan which makes what he said just mind-boggling. Nowhere to go but up for this team. We get a full year out of Kreider, Staal is healthy, McD will continue to develop into an amazing two way defensemen, hopefully at some point we'll get Sauer back, I am optimistic that Dubi and Anisimov will rebound. I can't really see anything that says we'll miss the playoffs or finish as the 8th seed unless some of our core guys are out for a while or Hank decides to turn into Bryzgalov.
Im not sure he is a true Rangers fan because when the kings got hot he was all hot for them lol. Anyway you are right we should be better next year

Old
05-26-2012, 02:48 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
You guys had a great season and should be very proud of your team. You put up a fight and I'd be lying if I didn't say I was nervous from start to finish of this series.

See you guys around next season!

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:52 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
You guys had a great season and should be very proud of your team. You put up a fight and I'd be lying if I didn't say I was nervous from start to finish of this series.

See you guys around next season!
I still think the rangers should have won the series we just played horribly and had a few unlucky bounces but the rangers have a much better future