HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Great season.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-26-2012, 11:56 AM
  #176
rangers5000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 510
vCash: 500
its naive to think we will win the cup next year, in this age so many things need to go right and everything needs to come together at the right time

im sorry but i feel some of you don't nearly care as much as others, i just can't simply say "whatever theres always next season", this felt like our year and lossing last night in the fashion we did was devasting i was fighting back tears and feel no better today

this is the first time i really feel why do i root for this team, why do i invest so much time, this playoffs was rangers all day, even off days always thinking about the games, only to have what happened last night

i just feel like walking away or atleast becoming more of a casual fan, i can't go through this again, watching every game every pre game, every post game, coming on these boards for hours, and for what, to be severly depressed and watching my family almost in tears after last nights game

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:57 AM
  #177
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Agreed, I think we struggle to make playoffs next year. 7th-8th seed.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:42 PM
  #178
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Habs fan here.

Great season NYR

The Stanley Cup is maybe the toughest to win of all.

You guys were/are very close

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:17 PM
  #179
JaeTM
Registered User
 
JaeTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Agreed, I think we struggle to make playoffs next year. 7th-8th seed.
Why? We have the best goaltender in the league and one of the top defenses. What part of that screams 7th or 8th seed? Will we finish first again next year? Probably not, but I highly doubt we fall that far.

JaeTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:20 PM
  #180
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeTM View Post
Why? We have the best goaltender in the league and one of the top defenses. What part of that screams 7th or 8th seed? Will we finish first again next year? Probably not, but I highly doubt we fall that far.
He's a kings fan so dont pay attention. We should be even better next year i feel dubinsky should have a better year kreider will have a full camp and im sure we will get a few more offensive pieces.

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:21 PM
  #181
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeTM View Post
Why? We have the best goaltender in the league and one of the top defenses. What part of that screams 7th or 8th seed? Will we finish first again next year? Probably not, but I highly doubt we fall that far.
We escaped injuries to our star players. We overachieved big time in the regular season.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:25 PM
  #182
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
Hawks fan here....

but Rangers supporter as my dad is a diehard fan since the 70's...

Great year for you guys, I was rooting for you guys bigtime...

All I can say is your team reminds me of the 09 Hawks....have highend skill and young guns...it will click for you guys next year.

keep your heads up guys, it isnt as bad as some of you are making it out to be. you have some real solid young guys that will have big impacts on your team next year....you will get Sauer back who is a rock, and I think you guys will make it to the cup finals...

against my Hawks ofcourse!

great year guys, and keep them heads up, it will be fine next year

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:30 PM
  #183
Affinity
Registered User
 
Affinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
He's a kings fan so dont pay attention. We should be even better next year i feel dubinsky should have a better year kreider will have a full camp and im sure we will get a few more offensive pieces.
He is a Rangers fan which makes what he said just mind-boggling. Nowhere to go but up for this team. We get a full year out of Kreider, Staal is healthy, McD will continue to develop into an amazing two way defensemen, hopefully at some point we'll get Sauer back, I am optimistic that Dubi and Anisimov will rebound. I can't really see anything that says we'll miss the playoffs or finish as the 8th seed unless some of our core guys are out for a while or Hank decides to turn into Bryzgalov.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:32 PM
  #184
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
Hawks fan here....

but Rangers supporter as my dad is a diehard fan since the 70's...

Great year for you guys, I was rooting for you guys bigtime...

All I can say is your team reminds me of the 09 Hawks....have highend skill and young guns...it will click for you guys next year.

keep your heads up guys, it isnt as bad as some of you are making it out to be. you have some real solid young guys that will have big impacts on your team next year....you will get Sauer back who is a rock, and I think you guys will make it to the cup finals...

against my Hawks ofcourse!

great year guys, and keep them heads up, it will be fine next year
Thanks AD, appreciate it.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:36 PM
  #185
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
He is a Rangers fan which makes what he said just mind-boggling. Nowhere to go but up for this team. We get a full year out of Kreider, Staal is healthy, McD will continue to develop into an amazing two way defensemen, hopefully at some point we'll get Sauer back, I am optimistic that Dubi and Anisimov will rebound. I can't really see anything that says we'll miss the playoffs or finish as the 8th seed unless some of our core guys are out for a while or Hank decides to turn into Bryzgalov.
Im not sure he is a true Rangers fan because when the kings got hot he was all hot for them lol. Anyway you are right we should be better next year

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:48 PM
  #186
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,994
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
You guys had a great season and should be very proud of your team. You put up a fight and I'd be lying if I didn't say I was nervous from start to finish of this series.

See you guys around next season!

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:52 PM
  #187
JCrusher*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
You guys had a great season and should be very proud of your team. You put up a fight and I'd be lying if I didn't say I was nervous from start to finish of this series.

See you guys around next season!
I still think the rangers should have won the series we just played horribly and had a few unlucky bounces but the rangers have a much better future

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.