HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Milan lucic

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-26-2012, 01:46 PM
  #1
jmeehan1985
Registered User
 
jmeehan1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Milan lucic

Lucic for a Elite player in return. What does it take and who is it? Because people say they are very high on Lucic and would love to have them on there team.

jmeehan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:52 PM
  #2
Minimalist*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Lucic is the type of player that isn't traded. You just don't let guys like him go.

Minimalist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:57 PM
  #3
jmeehan1985
Registered User
 
jmeehan1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimalist View Post
Lucic is the type of player that isn't traded. You just don't let guys like him go.
Do you watch the Bruins? Is he a top power forward. Yes when he plays his style hes a game changer. But hes like Krejci he takes to many games off. If the return is right I personally wouldnt mind trading him. Not saying the Bruins would trade him. But We need powerplay help and have plenty of players that can handle themselfs on our team.

jmeehan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:26 PM
  #4
Gabotrick
Registered User
 
Gabotrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 125
vCash: 500
Gaborik?

Gabotrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:27 PM
  #5
CDJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cape Cod
Country: United States
Posts: 7,986
vCash: 500
You really don't like him, do you?

You said in a previous thread that he has done nothing, yet you want an elite player for him? Makes sense....

CDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:28 PM
  #6
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,434
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimalist View Post
Lucic is the type of player that isn't traded. You just don't let guys like him go.
James Neal was traded. Cam Neely was traded. Mark Messier was traded. Mike Peca was traded. Ilya Kovalchuk was traded. The Golden Brett was traded. Pavel Bure was traded.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:31 PM
  #7
QMJHLfollower
Registered User
 
QMJHLfollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 500
Kessel for Lucic + Caron + Boychuk.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:31 PM
  #8
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!
 
IrishPaulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bahston
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,492
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
Do you watch the Bruins? Is he a top power forward. Yes when he plays his style hes a game changer. But hes like Krejci he takes to many games off. If the return is right I personally wouldnt mind trading him. Not saying the Bruins would trade him. But We need powerplay help and have plenty of players that can handle themselfs on our team.
There's maybe only a handful of players that don't go through cold stretches in the league.

There's also only a handful of 30-30 power forwards. We have one of the best in the league. There's no need to trade Lucic.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:32 PM
  #9
jmeehan1985
Registered User
 
jmeehan1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
You really don't like him, do you?

You said in a previous thread that he has done nothing, yet you want an elite player for him? Makes sense....
People are HIGH on Lucic so i when i wanted to trade Lucic for NASH that got shot down. Is Nash Elite? That why i asked for Elite talent in return.

jmeehan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:33 PM
  #10
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,434
vCash: 50
I would like to see Lucic play with Chris Stewart.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:34 PM
  #11
jmeehan1985
Registered User
 
jmeehan1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabotrick View Post
Gaborik?
Gaborik is interesting but trading Lucic to NY is a hard one.

jmeehan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:35 PM
  #12
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT
 
Buckets and Gloves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
Kessel for Lucic + Caron + Boychuk.


Wouldn't do Kessel for Lucic 1 for 1 yet alone adding all the rest.

Rather face a creampuff like Kessel 6 times a year, than a monster like Lucic

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:37 PM
  #13
RyanCallahan24*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
Lucic for a Elite player in return. What does it take and who is it? Because people say they are very high on Lucic and would love to have them on there team.
I'll give you Gaborik for Lucic. Or maybe Gaborik+ for Seguin?

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:37 PM
  #14
QMJHLfollower
Registered User
 
QMJHLfollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post


Wouldn't do Kessel for Lucic 1 for 1 yet alone adding all the rest.

Rather face a creampuff like Kessel 6 times a year, than a monster like Lucic
You may not do the deal, but don't put .

Kessel is a PPG forward playing with a 3rd line center and on a bad team. One of the best right winger in the game.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:38 PM
  #15
RyanCallahan24*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post


Wouldn't do Kessel for Lucic 1 for 1 yet alone adding all the rest.

Rather face a creampuff like Kessel 6 times a year, than a monster like Lucic
Then maybe Gaborik+ for Kessel ?

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:39 PM
  #16
jmeehan1985
Registered User
 
jmeehan1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
I'll give you Gaborik for Lucic. Or maybe Gaborik+ for Seguin?
I think overall Seguin will turn out to be a better player then Gaborik. Seguin was also a plus 34 this year so for a two way forward hes already better then Gaborik.

jmeehan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:42 PM
  #17
RyanCallahan24*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post


Wouldn't do Kessel for Lucic 1 for 1 yet alone adding all the rest.

Rather face a creampuff like Kessel 6 times a year, than a monster like Lucic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
I think overall Seguin will turn out to be a better player then Gaborik. Seguin was also a plus 34 this year so for a two way forward hes already better then Gaborik.


Hence the + part. Gaborik + 1st + prospect for Seguin. Value is there skill vise at least. I dunno if any team would do it though, especially when you take it into consideration that we're talking a trade between bruins and rangers.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:43 PM
  #18
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT
 
Buckets and Gloves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
You may not do the deal, but don't put .

Kessel is a PPG forward playing with a 3rd line center and on a bad team. One of the best right winger in the game.
Oh he is good... but...

- Boston doesn't want him back
- I am sure Kessel doesn't want to come back to Boston
- As mentioned, rather play Kessel 6 times a year versus Lucic (how many points does Kessel have against Boston since the trade?... 18 games or so and I think he may have 7 or 8 points)

It's just not a good fit to be honest.

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:45 PM
  #19
QMJHLfollower
Registered User
 
QMJHLfollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
Oh he is good... but...

- Boston doesn't want him back
- I am sure Kessel doesn't want to come back to Boston
- As mentioned, rather play Kessel 6 times a year versus Lucic (how many points does Kessel have against Boston since the trade?... 18 games or so and I think he may have 7 or 8 points)

It's just not a good fit to be honest.
I don't agree with 'Boston doesn't want him back', but for the rest fair enough.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:47 PM
  #20
TooMuchMan
Registered User
 
TooMuchMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Deep Space Nine
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 836
vCash: 500
Absolutely crazy to trade Lucic. Yes he has his nights off. Yes he's probably reached (or come close to reaching) his scoring upside. Yes he can play undisciplined and uninspired....

... but as it's been mentioned, there are only a handful of pure power forwards with his offense in the game today and the extra dimension he brings with his toughness and pugilistic prowess can't be overlooked... if he was available, teams would be bending over backwards to overpay for him. Even then, he's just too essential to the B's gameplan and identity to move out for anything short of a massive overpayment.

TooMuchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:47 PM
  #21
jmeehan1985
Registered User
 
jmeehan1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Kessel for Gaborik is pretty much a wash there very close to the same player. They both score 40 goals But Kessel makes 5.4 mil a year and Gaborik makes 7.5 so why would Toronto do that deal.

jmeehan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:47 PM
  #22
Gabotrick
Registered User
 
Gabotrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
I think overall Seguin will turn out to be a better player then Gaborik. Seguin was also a plus 34 this year so for a two way forward hes already better then Gaborik.
I could see gaborik stepan and a prospect not named kreider for seguin and lucid along with a first

Gabotrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:49 PM
  #23
CDJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cape Cod
Country: United States
Posts: 7,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
People are HIGH on Lucic so i when i wanted to trade Lucic for NASH that got shot down. Is Nash Elite? That why i asked for Elite talent in return.
I personally would do Lucic for Nash straight up.

However, the only way I deal him is severe overpayment

CDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:51 PM
  #24
jmeehan1985
Registered User
 
jmeehan1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabotrick View Post
I could see gaborik stepan and a prospect not named kreider for seguin and lucid along with a first
No way to much from Boston. Seguin maybe but not both. Boston is really high on Seguin just like Hamilton.

jmeehan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:56 PM
  #25
TooMuchMan
Registered User
 
TooMuchMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Deep Space Nine
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
I think overall Seguin will turn out to be a better player then Gaborik. Seguin was also a plus 34 this year so for a two way forward hes already better then Gaborik.
Plus-minus is an incredibly misleading statistic. Gaborik has his d-zone flaws and I like the way Seguin's developing under Bergeron's wing in this regard, but I wouldn't argue that Seguin's so obviously superior to Gabby defensively.

Seguin may develop into a superior player - but it's a little early to be certain. Gaborik has averaged 36+ goals and 73+ points per 82 games in his career - impressive numbers to say the very least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabotrick View Post
I could see gaborik stepan and a prospect not named kreider for seguin and lucid along with a first
Sorry, but this is not even close to fair value... and both Seguin and Lucic are 'essentially' untouchable (barring massive overpayments they'll stay in Black and Gold sweaters) along with Bergeron, Chara and Hamilton.

TooMuchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.