HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Turn your caps around...

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2006, 02:05 PM
kingsfan25

vCash: 500
Turn your caps around...

Ok folks.

It's crunch time...

The Canucks loss was beyond tough but this team's not dead yet. We all know what they need to do. And based on what I've seen from them in the post-Murray games, I think they can do it. Sure there's been some ****** defensive issues, but this group is playing like a team again and they've been doing it with a spark that we haven't seen in a while.

The hunger is there again...it's a bit overdue, but its there. And as a fan, I find my passion for this team returning. I'm going into games expecting to see inspired play and (though sometimes inconsistently), it's been there. Right now the team is 3 points out of 8th with a game in hand on the Nucks...not a comfortable position to be in, especially on a day off after a big loss like last night's; my instinct is to be pessimistic, but I'm pushing it aside and putting my money on this team's desire to prove that they are not a bunch of losers.

Now, Faceoffs has been talking about a Kings board rally cry being needed and I agree.

In the past, we've had bad luck with them. There's been a number of avatars (Corvo, Robitaille, Fire AM, Sign Ziggy) that haven't panned out...a number of personal rituals...(wearing of hats on gameday) etc, that have failed us. All good luck charms, and all failed miserably.

Which is why, for my part(feel free to join me...or not), I'm going to go to the bad luck charms. For every game that the Kings play down the stretch, I'm changing my avatar to a picture of someone who has royally ****ed this franchise over with the confidence that doing so will have the opposite effect of that person's original action. It's so scientifically sound that it can't fail.

The nominee for tomorrow's game is Andy Sutton. If the Kings have had the "injury bug" the last three years, Sutton was patient zero...the carrier. The moment that his knee hit Jason Allison's three years ago set off a chain of injury infection that the team has yet to completely live down.

Well, Andy...I'm calling in the favour...

Old
03-28-2006, 02:17 PM
Riposte!

If nobody's got dibs on Jaroslav Bednar, I'll take him.

EDIT: He hasn't really ****ed us over in any way, but I've been looking for a way recently to resurrect his memory.

Old
03-28-2006, 02:21 PM
kingbrath

I call Dave Taylor!

Old
03-28-2006, 02:30 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Allison broke his hand on Saturday... the injury jinx has carried up to the province of Ontario

Old
03-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
Allison broke his hand on Saturday... the injury jinx has carried up to the province of Ontario
Let it stay there.

Closed Thread