HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wake up, the team blew it.

Old
05-26-2012, 01:25 PM
jmb9191

vCash: 500
Did torts over-coach?

He got the most effectiveness from gaborik, anisomov, and Stepan when they were playing together. He refused to go back to that, really damaging all of their productivity. I am all about torts, don't get me wrong, but he couldn't help but fixing it when it wasn't broken.

jmb9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Kershaw

GAS line is a defensive trainwreck and butter soft. Good for regular season hockey.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:27 PM
jmb9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
GAS line is a defensive trainwreck and butter soft. Good for regular season hockey.
Welp, they were all just so productive come playoff time....

jmb9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyday im hagelin View Post
someone had his wife ****ed by the whole team... What a sad sack of **** you are.
? ? ? ?

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Kershaw

Yolo.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
Man picking up Jagr next season would be pretty sweet. He'd be cheap and he still has the ability to change games and our PP needs a guy like him badly.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
? ? ? ?
It's directed towards the OP for being such a sad sack of ****. He has it out for this team saying how they did everything on luck and blew it, and that they'll be nothing in the future. The whole team must have ****ed his wife for him to be so pissed at them.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
It's directed towards the OP for being such a sad sack of ****. He has it out for this team saying how they did everything on luck and blew it, and that they'll be nothing in the future. The whole team must have ****ed his wife for him to be so pissed at them.
ah i too was confused. but yeah, you don't luck being top of the conference most of the season.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:18 PM
gardenparty

No doubt that Torts got the most out of this team this year. But I am questioning the 'shot blocking' strategy. Sacrificing one's body to prevent a shot on net can be a good thing, and the two Stanley Cup contenders have proven you can do it moderately and succeed. But taking 95 MPH shots in the leg, foot....wherever, 4-5x every other night like Ranger players did HAS to wear on you. I watched a team that had some fight in Game 6 but looked physically spent.

Also, I get having the D 'pinch' if you're playing from behind in a crucial game. But the Rangers were making ill-advised pinches, left and right, in the first period with the score tied 0-0, and the forwards weren't covering. It resulted in outnumbered rushes and the Devils taking a 1-0 (and then 2-0) lead. I didn't get that.

gardenparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:22 PM
roxchipsi8

i think he over coached in terms of line combos and ice time. He never let lines get into rythyms or have a chance to gel.

I also think he undercoached the X's and O's. He never made the adjustment to the devils forecehck. Collapsing wingers down low was why they lost the series. Any time the Devs forwards got introuble they had an automatic reset at the point. Rangers wing's were also never in a great spot for a first pass on the breakout which made us look much more disjointed. We have a great top 4 defense. I would've felt fine letting them play 3 on 3 low and have the wingers ready to break out easier and be able to flow in the zone.

I'm also suprised we werent able to take better advantage of thier pinching D, but that may just be a function of the personell.

roxchipsi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:03 PM
JCrusher*

If this team could have just cleared the puck we would be talking about the kings right now. Also Gabby and richards were ghosts. Hank got off to a great start woth 2 shutouts in 3 games and then he fell apart. I never thought we would lose 3 straight. Hate to be negative but this was a great oppurtunity. Now next year i feel we have the oppurtunity to be back. Dubinsky could have a bounce back year. kreider and stepan will get better. We still need another offensive threat

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:06 PM
NYRKING30

I hope we add the right offensive pieces so torts could readjust the system. It's amazing we weren't racking up the injuries this year really.

NYRKING30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Man picking up Jagr next season would be pretty sweet. He'd be cheap and he still has the ability to change games and our PP needs a guy like him badly.
Stop already, he's 40+ years old, slow as **** and he looked completely done vs the Devils. That ship has sailed a long time ago!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:08 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
If this team could have just cleared the puck we would be talking about the kings right now. Also Gabby and richards were ghosts. Hank got off to a great start woth 2 shutouts in 3 games and then he fell apart. I never thought we would lose 3 straight. Hate to be negative but this was a great oppurtunity. Now next year i feel we have the oppurtunity to be back. Dubinsky could have a bounce back year. kreider and stepan will get better. We still need another offensive threat
That is where my confidence came from last night, how many times did we lose 3 in a row this year? This series could have been different if the Rangers played games 1 through 4 like they did in 5 and 6.

NYRKING30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:18 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
That is where my confidence came from last night, how many times did we lose 3 in a row this year? This series could have been different if the Rangers played games 1 through 4 like they did in 5 and 6.
Next year we have to wrap up the first 2 series early. The Caps series really took a lot out of us while the devils were more rested.

Old
05-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
Next year we have to wrap up the first 2 series early. The Caps series really took a lot out of us while the devils were more rested.
Yes, I blame the Caps for the weirdness in the East this year. They had to pick this year to start playing a suffocating defensive style with a hot goalie. If they played their old style I believe Boston would have won and we would have played the Flyers in the 2nd round and Devils would have gotten the Bruins. I hope they go back to run and gun next year lol.

Hey, it was progress though. We showed we're capable of doing the right things defensively to get to the ECF now we just need the offense to click to get to the finals. We're in pretty good shape.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:28 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
Yes, I blame the Caps for the weirdness in the East this year. They had to pick this year to start playing a suffocating defensive style with a hot goalie. If they played their old style I believe Boston would have won and we would have played the Flyers in the 2nd round and Devils would have gotten the Bruins. I hope they go back to run and gun next year lol.

Hey, it was progress though. We showed we're capable of doing the right things defensively to get to the ECF now we just need the offense to click to get to the finals. We're in pretty good shape.
Ya even Ottawa decided to turn it on agianst us lol. But we really should have ended both series early. I mean for the devils this is probably their last year to get the cup possibly but we have great years ahead

Old
05-26-2012, 03:56 PM
nhnyr88

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordsCup View Post
All you so happy we are young means jack ****. Wake up will you?

And last, WILL WE EVEN HAVE A SEASON NEXT YEAR WITH THE LOCKOUT?

MAKE THAT a 31 YEAR OLD LUNDQVIST.
If you need to get rid of any NYR merchandise hit me up

nhnyr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:59 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhnyr88 View Post
If you need to get rid of any NYR merchandise hit me up

He keeps bringing up hank. brodeur and thomas were still going strong into their late 30's. The rangers were a few bad plays/bounces from the SCF and they are one of the youngest teams in the league i mean they have a great oppurtunity the next few years

Old
05-26-2012, 04:01 PM
jb500ex

Quote:
so does everyone get a shot at your pig wife when this team doesnt do anything the next few years? since your such a big internet tough guy

jb500ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Thunderhead

Quote:
i see .

Old
05-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Thunderhead

any good guesses on bordeur retirement ? i am tired of seeing him handling the dumps in .

Old
05-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Forge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordsCup View Post
"oh they are young, that means they will be better next year"

Really? How about the pens? They grew up a year and lost in the first round easily.

How about those flyers who really have the young guns who will be better ?

How about hank who is turning 30 next season? Is he still only getting better ?

Face it, we ****ing blew it this season. Playoffs is ALL luck. We had it through 2 rounds. Not this round.

All you so happy we are young means jack ****. Wake up will you?

And last, WILL WE EVEN HAVE A SEASON NEXT YEAR WITH THE LOCKOUT?

MAKE THAT a 31 YEAR OLD LUNDQVIST.
Do you realize that Henrik being 30-31years old isn't the same that a RB would hit 30-31 years old?

Look at the most recent crop of best goalies of our generation..Roy,Hasek,Brodeur. Roy retired a bit early if you ask me..Hasek wants to return to the NHL and was still putting good numbers at the age of 40+, Brodeur? Well, he's 40 and going further in the playoffs.

Nonetheless, Henrik is a top goalie in the world, he isn't Luongo. In all these NHL playoffs games he played this year, he was ''bad'' in the last two games against the Devils. He carried this team on his back.

Not only that, but you gotta look at the big picture...You got a D that'll even be better, some young forwards who will obviously get better..(Kreider,Hagelin so on)

as A devs fan, as much as I hate to say it, I see the Rangers being contenders for the Cup for years to come.

I like to compare them to the Bruins..07-08 they took the Habs to 7 games and were eliminated as the 8th seedéééthey were 1st in 09, eliminated in the 2nd round vs the Hurricaines..10, they were eliminated in 2nd round after leading 3-0 series...and after all that they finally won the Stanley Cup

I know it's upset to see your team lose, I was upset over the Devs losing to the Rangers,Hurricanes,flyers, missing the playoffs. especially that 07-08 summer, it was LONG.

Look at the big picture, your team is one of the youngest in the league,has a great TRIO of young D , an elite goalie(best in the world)

patience is a virtue, and by 1-2years it'll pay off, don't worry

Forge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:10 PM
rangers5000

if i was younger i would be ok i think, but im 30, my father and other family members are getting up there in age, this could of been the last chance for us to experience this all together

thats my fear, i believe ill see a cup victory, but this really felt like the last chance to experience it with my entire family, it just felt like there was going to be a game 7 on sunday, sometimes you feel it and i was jacked for a possible game 7 at msg watching with my family

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:26 PM
In The Flesh

This team made things hard for themselves TOO MANY TIMES! We just inched by Ottawa and Washington. They blew it in Game 5 vs. NJ.

Torts: You cannot ride a few players so much more than the rest. It's just stupid.

We only get as far as Lundqvist, it's been that way since the lockout.

Our offense isn't very good.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote