HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston/islanders

Old
05-26-2012, 01:14 PM
jmeehan1985

vCash: 500
Boston/islanders

I like a few players on NYI. I know there is no chance landing Tavaras so i wont go there but what would it take to land either Moulson or Grabner. If we can keep Hamilton out of the trade what does it take?

jmeehan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:18 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

I think Moulson is fairly untouchable. He's really good at what he does.

If the Bruins want Grabner I think the Islanders would want McQuaid or Boychuk.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:18 PM
Blitzburgh87*

Nothing surrounding Tim Thomas NYI has a plethora of young goalies.

Blitzburgh87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:19 PM
jmeehan1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
I think Moulson is fairly untouchable. He's really good at what he does.

If the Bruins want Grabner I think the Islanders would want McQuaid or Boychuk.
Are you saying One for One or a package around one of those players.

Old
05-26-2012, 01:23 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
Are you saying One for One or a package around one of those players.
For Boychuk a one for one would work. For McQuaid, probably add a pick or prospect.

I don't want to trade Grabner, for the record. But if the right deal comes along for a top-4 defenseman I think Garth would do it. I'd rather trade Bailey.

Old
05-26-2012, 01:27 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
I like a few players on NYI. I know there is no chance landing Tavaras so i wont go there but what would it take to land either Moulson or Grabner. If we can keep Hamilton out of the trade what does it take?
Moulson's had 3 straight seasons of at least 30 goals.36 this season.He's got 2 more yrs on a team friendly deal,$3.1m per.Isles won't move him unless landing a younger,cheaper,just as productive player.I don't see another team offering such a player.

Grabner is coming off a sophmore slump.His goals fell from 34 down to 20.Still,the isles need his speed and he will make a team friendly $2m next season.

Newsday says the isles, are eying Oduya for their top 4 this summer.I guess if Snow is shutout on the ufa market,he may have to move Grabner.

But,I'd expect him to try to get a defenseman off the ufa market or try to move his 2nd rounder,for defensive help,well before moving Grabner.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:32 PM
jmeehan1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Moulson's had 3 straight seasons of at least 30 goals.36 this season.He's got 2 more yrs on a team friendly deal,$3.1m per.Isles won't move him unless landing a younger,cheaper,just as productive player.I don't see another team offering such a player.

Grabner is coming off a sophmore slump.His goals fell from 34 down to 20.Still,the isles need his speed and he will make a team friendly $2m next season.

Newsday says the isles, are eying Oduya for their top 4 this summer.I guess if Snow is shutout on the ufa market,he may have to move Grabner.

But,I'd expect him to try to get a defenseman off the ufa market or try to move his 2nd rounder,for defensive help,well before moving Grabner.
Boychuk/Caron sounds fair value for Grabner. Isles have plenty of cap space not to mention for at top 4 dman like Boychuk he has a fairly low cap hit.

Old
05-26-2012, 01:33 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:

You don't think Garth/Wang would love to move salary for salary, instead of a pick for salary? Last time he moved a pick for a player was Wisniewski, and that was just to reach the floor.

Old
05-26-2012, 01:34 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Boychuk/Caron sounds fair value for Grabner. Isles have plenty of cap space not to mention for at top 4 dman like Boychuk he has a fairly low cap hit.
That's some pretty solid value.

Old
05-26-2012, 01:43 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
I'd rather get a #4 defenseman, off the ufa market or by packaging the 2nd+ Lee/Rakhshani.

Isles need 25 yr old Grabner's speed.He has a combined 54 goals over the last 2 seasons.

And the isles have a ton of forward prospects.Caron just gets tossed into the shuffle.

Old
05-26-2012, 01:44 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
You don't think Garth/Wang would love to move salary for salary, instead of a pick for salary? Last time he moved a pick for a player was Wisniewski, and that was just to reach the floor.
With 4 vets leaving on defense,we should see a couple of those cheap, Bridgeport blueliners making the roster.

Isles budget should be able to afford, a $4m ufa defenseman.

Old
05-26-2012, 02:04 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
With 4 vets leaving on defense,we should see a couple of those cheap, Bridgeport blueliners making the roster.

Isles budget should be able to afford, a $4m ufa defenseman.
If Grabner does get traded to Boston, and we get Boychuk or McQuaid back, I'd like to see:

Streit-Boychuk/McQuaid
MacDonald-Hamonic
Donovan-Staios
Reese

Old
05-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:
not sure where you plan to play either of these guys... moulson is a pretty useful guy but i dont play him ahead of either lucic or marchand if im putting together boston's lineup. grabner isnt that great of a player but could score goals on a crappy team if you give him enough icetime. he would do one hell of a mayson raymond impersonation if we ended up stuck with him and his horrible contract for us

i think a far more interesting guy in ny to deal for would be josh bailey if the islanders are ready to give up on him. i would have said okoposo too but he really finished the season strong and i doubt he is available anymore

if islanders were willing to move bailey for picks, id probably be willing to try him out as our third line center this year and see if he got his potential back. i still think of him as a possible top 6 guy. id give up a second rounder for him for sure

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:35 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
not sure where you plan to play either of these guys... moulson is a pretty useful guy but i dont play him ahead of either lucic or marchand if im putting together boston's lineup. grabner isnt that great of a player but could score goals on a crappy team if you give him enough icetime. he would do one hell of a mayson raymond impersonation if we ended up stuck with him and his horrible contract for us

i think a far more interesting guy in ny to deal for would be josh bailey if the islanders are ready to give up on him. i would have said okoposo too but he really finished the season strong and i doubt he is available anymore

if islanders were willing to move bailey for picks, id probably be willing to try him out as our third line center this year and see if he got his potential back. i still think of him as a possible top 6 guy. id give up a second rounder for him for sure
The Islanders aren't going to trade Bailey for picks. If he goes, it will be for a top-4 defenseman.

Old
05-26-2012, 04:20 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post

Bailey's 22 yrs old ,making $1m next season.

Good defensively and on the pk.

Isles aren't moving Bailley for a 2nd rounder.

Old
05-26-2012, 04:22 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
If Grabner does get traded to Boston, and we get Boychuk or McQuaid back, I'd like to see:

Streit-Boychuk/McQuaid
MacDonald-Hamonic
Donovan-Staios
Reese
Someone in another thread posted, that Boychuk has a NTC until Feb.

I doubt he'd waive it for the NYI.

Old
05-26-2012, 04:25 PM
CDJ*

Boychuk for Grabner straight up is fair value IMO. Grabner is pretty one dimensional and I am thinking his career will lean more towards what happened this year as opposed to two years ago.

He has got some speed to burn though. DAMN

CDJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Grabner for Boychuk/whoever, maybe it's good value, but Boston can't give up any defenseman. Not without getting one of equal/better caliber back.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:36 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
Grabner for Boychuk/whoever, maybe it's good value, but Boston can't give up any defenseman. Not without getting one of equal/better caliber back.
They are getting Dougie Hamilton on their roster.

Old
05-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

Quote:
They are getting Dougie Hamilton on their roster.
Doesn't matter.

Chara-(Hole)
Seidenberg-Ference
Hamilton-McQuaid
Zanon/Cross

A guy who can play 22 minutes a game isn't easy to find. And surely it's not going to come from a rookie, let alone one that we're worried about rushing. It isn't worth it to put Seids with Chara during the regular season. He has to anchor the bottom-4. I suppose you could put Ference with Chara, but still. Wouldn't be nearly as good as Boychuk. Plus, you're dealing with Zanon/Cross if Zanon isn't resigned if he's gone.

Even if we get Dougie, that's still -3 Dmen +1. Minus Boychuk, Corvo, and likely Zanon for Hamilton. Of course, Corvo sucked, so I'm happy to see him gone, but we can't play with 5 defenseman. Boychuk is crucial to our d-corps.

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-Ference
Hamilton-McQuaid
Cross/Zanon

Is what we're likely looking at next season. Swap Ference and Hamilton depending on camp/preseason.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 05:02 PM
seafoam

Not good partners, everyone on the Islanders you want are on good contracts while everyone on the Bruins have NTCs. Plus the Isles live on the cap floor, just because we have a plethora of space doesn't mean were buyers.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote