HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl/nyi

Old
05-25-2012, 10:23 AM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
I know I've written this in other posts, but Dumba just doesn't have Subban's skating ability.
I think the love affair with Dumba begins and ends with his hitting ability and the fact that he's a RH shot.

I just don't see how any Islander fan could prefer Dumba to Murray, especially when a Murray-Hamonic pairing has so much shut-down pairing potential.

I think some Isles fans think that since we have Donovan and de Haan that we'd have no need for Murray, which IMO is completely off base.

blinkman360 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 10:38 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
That's on the ice. Don't spreak crap that's absolutely not true. Some who already hate Subban might tend to want to believe it.
What crap?Saying he's immature for his fights with teammates?Or is questioning whether he'll mature the crap?

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
I belive 54 is a Blue Jackets fan.
Thanks for the clarification. It is also why I felt no need to trash a great young Islanders team with my comments and simply pointed out points I felt were pertinent to the topic at hand. I hope my comments were not insulting to Islanders fans.

Of course, if he IS a Blue Jackets fan, he has even less reason to be talking about defence since their team allowed 41 more points than the Pens. In any case, I was simply tryig to turn what he said to a Pens fan about their defence around on him, not try and insult any team's fan base. I hope my point was and is clear.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:28 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
No prob USG... Subban is far from finished with his maturing process. He still has time and health on his side. The coaching can ultimately cut down on a lot of the negatives at this point, but it's easy to understand why he's popular with the fans.

Eller is coming along somewhat slowly. He has goods, but he's not necessarily been so quick to turn them into results. I've done some work with him and hope he finally 'gets it' at some point. He's grown up with some pressure from the family and I just hope he doesn't put too much pressure on himself. I also liked his brother's play at the U-18 tourney. That boy was like a mini-clone of Lars.

I wouldn't be surprised though if Ullstrom ends up being not so different from Eller. The playing styles aren't all that different.
Yeah, I'm hopign this season they decide on a role for Eller, be it winger in the top 6, or center in a shutdown role and give him consistent linemates and let him play the whole season with some consistency.

I wasn't a big fan of them keeping him up 2 years ago, I thought at the very least he could have had half a season in the AHL, but last year on many nights he was looking like a great 2 way guy with speed and skill.

A lot of us hope he could turn into a Plekanec type, he's a bit bigger but if you look at Plekx' early career he probably didn't look like a guy who would develop into a consistent 20+ goal 50+ point centerman.

ULlstrom has some interesting stat lines, 24 goals in 40 games in the AHL is pretty good...really low Apples numbers though.

Never a bad thing to have a 6 foot 3 Swede developing in the line up though.

And yeah, as for Subban he definitely needs to mature a bit but frankly you'd be hard pressed to find many guys his age who aren't. So that's not the end of the world. The thing that Subban has really proven since coming into the NHL is that aside from all of his skills he is a very coachable young man. I remember when he was coming out of junior all anyone talked about was how brutal defensively he was, never more than a 4th forward type d-man...yet he's developed into a great defensive guy. Watching him go toe to toe with guys like Kovalchuk and Ovechkin is really a treat, shows how coachable he is IMO.

I'll have to watch this Hamonic kid more next season, looking at his numbers he seems like a pretty sweet d-man. I believe at this point Subban is better (more accomplished) though.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Mahleezer

I'm a habs fan and I would do this trade.

I mean like it or nor we are in a mini rebuild or retool, call it what you want.

If I was sure Murray is available a 3, I draft Murray 3rd and Grig/Forsberg/Gally with the 4th.

It's not like we will win the cup next year?!

Murray will replace Suban by 2014, by then Tinordi and Beaulieu should be ready.

Our 4th OA pick in 2012 should comming around nicely in 2014... I don't see a downside to this trade.

Hell, even if we crapout next season or tank we have a good change of getting MacKinnon... how great would that be??

Now if Murray is drafted top 2... forget about it!

Mahleezer is offline   Reply With Quote